• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Reports from basketball scrimmage??

Did Deman say if Cavanaugh has increased his vertical leap to one inch.

One and a half,
jump-shoes.jpg
he wore these all summer.

People crapping on Cav are going to eat their words. Kid is going to be solid. Has all the tools for a stretch 4. Just needs time and a weight room.

One and a half,
jump-shoes.jpg
he wore these all summer.

Anyone else ever use these? They actually work (assuming you don't tear am Achilles). I bumped my very up a few inches in high school but I found the greater impact was on my lateral quickness. Sorry for the side note but jump shoes were the bomb if you stuck to them program.

People crapping on Cav are going to eat their words. Kid is going to be solid. Has all the tools for a stretch 4. Just needs time and a weight room.

I hope the kid has a great year, if he can knock down 3's at a decent percentage and grab some boards it will make a huge difference.

I'll gladly eat my words. But I don't recall seeing someone eat as many Wilsonburgers as he did last year.

Anyone else ever use these? They actually work (assuming you don't tear am Achilles). I bumped my very up a few inches in high school but I found the greater impact was on my lateral quickness. Sorry for the side note but jump shoes were the bomb if you stuck to them program.

Jimmy likes them. Jimmy says they make him jump really high. Jimmy likes to jump high.

Have a good friend of mine who is a substitute teacher in Cav's school system. This is what he should be playing, but he put on too much weight freshman year, which made him lose a step and knocked off the rhythm on his shot. The other challenge was Bzz played him more at 5 than the stretch 4. I agree - he will be a a very good role player for Wake if he can get that step back and be played to his strengths.

For sure, but Buzz doesn't like game planning to players' strengths. Especially big men.

Yet another thing that sucks about the Buzz era. Hyping fringe guys beyond any attainable level of improvement... Cav is a Chris Ellis and Chas McFarland-caliber player. Look at those guys' trajectories before the Cav hype goes further overboard. It will be nice if Cav exceeds expectations. I don't think it's reasonable to expect that based on what we saw last year and historical comparison.

I think he's going to be pretty good his last two years. Double digit scorer. He's a very very good passer. The few times he played we played against a zone last year, he was very impressive with the pass. When he starts hitting a healthy% of his flat footed 3, he's going to draw tighter D which is going to open up his passing lanes (you thought I was going to say, allow him to dribble drive, didn't you?).

But he could see him averaging 9-12 points per game his last two years.

lol....... moral victories in pre-season scrimmage losses to VCU

this is wake forest basketball 2013
LOL at all the people complaining about standard preseason scrimmage assessment. Name a coach in the NCAAs that wouldn't evaluate each half like that?

I don't think he will ever be even as mediocre as c.ellis

i always thought ellis really missed a great opportunity. he was so inconsistent. had he put it together i think we saw his sr year acc tourney what he could have been. 12 and 8 if i recall correctly. if only he had the opportunity to play and learn from the master... bzz of course...

" Did you know that you are more talented than Ryan Kelly?"

i always thought ellis really missed a great opportunity. he was so inconsistent. had he put it together i think we saw his sr year acc tourney what he could have been. 12 and 8 if i recall correctly. if only he had the opportunity to play and learn from the master... bzz of course...

My favorite CE0 fact is that in Facebook's infancy someone started a group called "Teach Chris Ellis how to dunk an alley oop" which was just hilarious given how many he missed.

LOL at all the people complaining about standard preseason scrimmage assessment. Name a coach in the NCAAs that wouldn't evaluate each half like that?

John Calipari, for one. Rick Pitino, for two. Winners, for three.

Back