• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Republican Nominee List Dwindling

Rube, the difference between those events was when Obama's entire quote was heard people understood what he was he was saying about a specific portion of his opposition. Romney attacked half the nation and his actions showed he truly believed that hundreds millions of American were "takers" and leeches.

Larger lesson is that every public figure should always assume everything they say in any public setting will be recorded or filmed. If it's not something you're willing to put in an ad or post on Facebook, Twitter, or YouTube you shouldn't say it in "public".

Wait a second...Christie is out? Since when? Since bridgegate? LOL ... That will be water under the bridge in a year. All smoke no fire ... Democrats are very hopeful they can get rid of him, but they are playing their hand too early. 2 years before the next election cycle. He is still the man to beat (for the Republican ticket) and it really isn't close.

Rube, the difference between those events was when Obama's entire quote was heard people understood what he was he was saying about a specific portion of his opposition. Romney attacked half the nation and his actions showed he truly believed that hundreds millions of American were "takers" and leeches.

just be intellectually honest for once you fucking douchebag.

Larger lesson is that every public figure should always assume everything they say in any public setting will be recorded or filmed. If it's not something you're willing to put in an ad or post on Facebook, Twitter, or YouTube you shouldn't say it in "public".

He was speaking at a meeting that was open to the press, so I'm sure he knew he was being recorded.

"Uncle Sugar"? WTF?

Wait a second...Christie is out? Since when? Since bridgegate? LOL ... That will be water under the bridge in a year. All smoke no fire ... Democrats are very hopeful they can get rid of him, but they are playing their hand too early. 2 years before the next election cycle. He is still the man to beat (for the Republican ticket) and it really isn't close.

To be honest, I would think that a significant portion of the GOP is more concerned about Christie than the Dems.

He was speaking at a meeting that was open to the press, so I'm sure he knew he was being recorded.

"Uncle Sugar"? WTF?

He also expressed the same position on his show a few days before this.

To be honest, I would think that a significant portion of the GOP is more concerned about Christie than the Dems.

Dems keep saying that but I haven't seen a single conservative on this board that has any real concern over Christie. Obviously if Bridgegate turns out to be more than it is now (ie: some hard and fast evidence comes forth) we have another ball game l, but political op eds have little to do with what republicans care about. Christie is still the only candidate that can beat Hillary and in the end that will be all that matters in the primary.

Was specifically referring to Obama in 2008 and Mitt in 2012 being recorded/filmed during private donor events. Huck's words were definitely premeditated and he knew they'd be widely publicized. He also publicly defended Akin and Mourdock after the establishment GOP shunned them. GOP's charismatic visionary Reince Priebus promptly trashed Huck on Twitter.

Dems keep saying that but I haven't seen a single conservative on this board that has any real concern over Christie. Obviously if Bridgegate turns out to be more than it is now (ie: some hard and fast evidence comes forth) we have another ball game l, but political op eds have little to do with what republicans care about. Christie is still the only candidate that can beat Hillary and in the end that will be all that matters in the primary.

You're being really naive if you think the far right supports Christie. He's gonna get beat up in the primary.

If anything, I think independents/moderate democrats are pretty favorable toward Christie. Wrangor has it backwards.

Could one day of Bridgegate happen without Christie's knowledge? Yep.

Could two days? Possibly.

Could more than two days go on with national news coverage without the "hands on" governor knowing? Highly doubtful. Plus it would make him look like a hero to end it after two days saying,"I don't give a damn about any traffic study. It's keeping people form getting to work and emergency personnel from doing their jobs. It's over. This is how a leader handles a situation."

You are also making the mistake that people who have traditionally voted democrat (myself included) are liberal hippies. We're not. Many of us just want somebody who will step up and lead without obvious catering and pandering to people with money, ridiculous viewpoints on scientifically proven facts, and Fox News. Being conservative is good. Being told what to think and telling people what they want to hear rather than being who you are isn't going to get my vote. Christie could.

Christie Vs. Clinton is the best possibility for the country because I don't think there is a loser there and we're bound to actually get some good debate about real issues.

Christie ain't out and people won't give a shit about the bridge. It ain't sexy enough, and a lot of people probably like that he did it.

Huckabee is a dumbass to be making statements about social issues right now. Seems he'll never learn. Where is his jobs/health care/wealth inequality/poverty/tax policy?

Huckabee is a dumbass to be making statements about social issues right now. Seems he'll never learn. Where is his jobs/health care/wealth inequality/poverty/tax policy?

Given Bob Mcdonnell's current situation it is easy to write him off but he gave Republican's the blueprint. He is as far right socially as anyone but he said NOTHING about social issues when he ran for Gov. He was "Bob For Jobs" and he won easily.

You're being really naive if you think the far right supports Christie. He's gonna get beat up in the primary.

I live in the far right. I have a very good feel for the pulse if the far right.

Back