• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Republican Nominee List Dwindling

Wrangor or others,

Thoughts on Scott Walker?

Don't have a whole lot of thoughts to be honest. Isn't in the limelight like Christie. Will definitely look into him but I never see articles about him.

Huckabee is a dumbass to be making statements about social issues right now. Seems he'll never learn. Where is his jobs/health care/wealth inequality/poverty/tax policy?

Huckabee knows what he's doing, and it's not seriously running for POTUS. He's making some cash.

Huckabee is a dumbass to be making statements about social issues right now. Seems he'll never learn. Where is his jobs/health care/wealth inequality/poverty/tax policy?

He's Bill O'Reilly Lite...he's a whore who will say anything if it makes him more money. He wasn't this radical until he become a TV & radio host. He's gone completely off the deep end.

Don't have a whole lot of thoughts to be honest. Isn't in the limelight like Christie. Will definitely look into him but I never see articles about him.

Kinda a goofy guy, but if he makes it through his next campaign he'll have faced more scrutiny than anyone other than Christie. Became a hero for taking on public unions, but WI Dems didn't didn't do themselves any PR favors by taking their ball and fleeing to Illinois when they knew they didn't have the votes to block ending collective bargaining. Lots of Koch Brothers money met union dollars in his recall. Won't run up a big win like Christie in his reelection and could conceivably lose. Left Marquette a month before graduation and the rumor is that he was kicked out for cheating, but his records are sealed. If he does survive, he'll have faced two big-money campaigns with a ton of mudslinging and will be unusually well-prepared for a Governor from a mid-sized state. Seems too goofy and awkward (makes Paul Ryan seem like JFK) to be at the top of the ticket, but maybe a VP candidate.

His recall election was very much a free thinking WI result. Many people in the exit polls said they would never vote to recall any elected official. They opposed the concept of recalls and stuck to their guns. Wisconsin has been one of the homes of populism and voting on conscience for decades.

Huckabee knows what he's doing, and it's not seriously running for POTUS. He's making some cash.

Winner Winner, although I do think he believes what he is saying. But he isn't afraid to say it (even though he knows it would be politically damning) because he knows that by saying he is going to rake in the viewers on Fox.

Winner Winner, although I do think he believes what he is saying. But he isn't afraid to say it (even though he knows it would be politically damning) because he knows that by saying he is going to rake in the viewers on Fox.

I definitely think he's sincere. I think he is more interested in being a televangelist than a politician.

You are also making the mistake that people who have traditionally voted democrat (myself included) are liberal hippies. We're not. Many of us just want somebody who will step up and lead without obvious catering and pandering to people with money, ridiculous viewpoints on scientifically proven facts, and Fox News. Being conservative is good. Being told what to think and telling people what they want to hear rather than being who you are isn't going to get my vote. Christie could.

Christie Vs. Clinton is the best possibility for the country because I don't think there is a loser there and we're bound to actually get some good debate about real issues.

I am not making a mistake, this board leans 80% liberal in my opinion. I also agree that Christie versus Clinton is the best possible scenario for the country. Even though I will never vote for Hilary I do believe she would be competent at the job. I am just tired of political dynasties ruling the roost in the US.

I am not making a mistake, this board leans 80% liberal in my opinion. I also agree that Christie versus Clinton is the best possible scenario for the country. Even though I will never vote for Hilary I do believe she would be competent at the job. I am just tired of political dynasties ruling the roost in the US.

I know conservatives hate science. I didn't realize it had carried over to math.

I don't think it is 80% but there is no doubt this board (the political board) leans left. No?

I don't think. I think it's probably 20% liberal, 40% moderate, 40% conservative. I highly doubt this board is more liberal than the general population.

That is hard to tell because there are a lot of people who think / claim they are moderate that are not. Maybe it is a matter of perspective but I think this place has fairly clear left lean...much more so than the scout board that had a fairly hard right lean.

That is hard to tell because there are a lot of people who think / claim they are moderate that are not. Maybe it is a matter of perspective but I think this place has fairly clear left lean...much more so than the scout board that had a fairly hard right lean.

I'm not talking about people who claim to be moderate. I'm talking about where people stand on the issues relative to others.

Back