• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Republican Voter Suppression Efforts

Because the American political system is designed for geographic representation and not population representation. The bicameral congressional setup doesn’t do enough to counter that, and in some ways it even exacerbates the disproportionate geographic focus. That is not to say that Republicans don’t take advantage and cheat the system, but the design of the system is what allows them to take advantage of it.

Let me help distil this for a few of our pro-insurrectionists that may not understand "big" words.

The two party system was designed to favor land holders over individual voters. That is still the case and trumpublicans use that to great advantage.

Let me help distil this for a few of our pro-insurrectionists that may not understand "big" words.

The two party system was designed to favor land holders over individual voters. That is still the case and trumpublicans use that to great advantage.

It’s more than the two party system…it’s the senate and the electoral college, both intentionally designed to give power to space over populations. The founders envisioned conflict amongst states for power at the federal level, not so much within states between urban and rural environs. They weren’t even thinking about party politics when the constitution was written. So the system is designed to prevent any one or two states with high population density from dominating. And what we have now is political parties that use space to manipulate election outcomes. Despite that 1991 North Carolina map, republicans are far more guilty of this in recent decades that Dems.

Sorry if i wasn't clear. My target audience needed it REALLY simplified.

Is the pivot just a gives no shit and I'll really yell the quiet parts out loud? Their base doesn't understand or care.

They’re tired of having to pretend they respect democracy, decorum, and the rule of law.

As long as they say they do they must. Right? That's all the base wants. Lip service. Blue lives matter until it's the capital police attempting to stop their insurrectio... sorry. I meant stroll down memor.... maga lane?

Duh; Anyone with half a brain knows the deal when it comes to voting. Likely not as simple but close.
Pubs want to make it as difficult as possible to vote insisting on everyone authenticate their citizenry hoping this dissuades masses from voting which is to their advantage.
Dems want voting to be as easy and flexible with little if any “barriers” required to take advantage of their huge numerical advantage.
And is typical of where we are today, there seems to be no middle ground.
What bugs the shit out of me is both sides think their kidding anyone with their “righteousness”.
Please……

Duh; Anyone with half a brain knows the deal when it comes to voting. Likely not as simple but close.
Pubs want to make it as difficult as possible to vote insisting on everyone authenticate their citizenry hoping this dissuades masses from voting which is to their advantage.
Dems want voting to be as easy and flexible with little if any “barriers” required to take advantage of their huge numerical advantage.
What bugs the shit out of me is both sides think their kidding anyone with their “righteousness”.
Please……

Both sides? Really?

Please……

Pop, you may want to read your post again from the perspective of every American citizen having the right to vote.

Both sides? Really?

My point is both sides are playing politics, plain and simple. Everyone knows that voting should require some sort of authentification but should be as unrestricted and convenient as possible.
So where’s the middle ground?

Ah. So this is some voter ID crap. Dems would be for voter ID if Pubs weren’t for making it hard to get a voter ID. There’s your middle ground. Voter ID solves a problem that doesn’t exist. Look up the history of voting. Voter ID is on the list of requirements that have historically been used to deny Black people the right to vote.

Ah. So this is some voter ID crap. Dems would be for voter ID if Pubs weren’t for making it hard to get a voter ID. There’s your middle ground. Voter ID solves a problem that doesn’t exist. Look up the history of voting. Voter ID is on the list of requirements that have historically been used to deny Black people the right to vote.

No crap here Ph; just trying to understand the problem.
What makes obtaining ID or any sort of identification either by mail or in person so difficult?

Back