• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Republicans for POTUS, 2016 Edition

Another issue is that individual congressmen historically have high approval ratings in their districts while congress as a whole carries a much lower rating.

"My congressperson might be Satan himself, but I'll be damned if I vote for a member of the other party!"

Pretty much. There is no pressure from constituents. In reality the pressure comes from lobbyists

polls might reflect accurate feelings or they may not. election results are largely tied to the energy of the voting base(s), so also may not reflect actual feelings.

people didn't like Chickfila's issues but still like chicken

+1 Great example.

JH must be masturbating furiously upon hearing the teen birth rate has dropped 61% over the past 20 years:

(CNN)The number of births in the United States went up last year for the first time since 2007, according to an annual report by the CDC National Center for Health Statistics. The report found that there were 62.9 births for every 1,000 women between the ages of 15 and 44, which represents an increase of 1% over the birth rate in 2013.

The spike was driven by women in their 30s and early 40s, who had 3% and 2% more births, respectively, than in the previous year. For women in their 30s, the birth rates were 100.8 per 1,000 women age 30 to 34 and 50.9 per 1,000 women age 35 to 39. In contrast, the birth rate among teens 15 to 19, which has been waning since 1991, plummeted 9% since 2013. It was 24.2 per 1,000 teens in 2014. The rate among women in their early 20s also dropped by 2%.

"The births to older women was enough to offset the decline in teen birth rate and you see this overall increase," said Brady E. Hamilton, a statistician and demographer at the National Center for Health Statistics and lead author of the study.

"In regards to the older women, this is kind of a continuation of a trend, but the decline in teens 15 to 19 really shocked me; 9% is really phenomenal," Hamilton said.

The birth rate among teens has gone down 61% since 1991. But the rate of decline has picked up speed in the last seven years, dropping 7% annually between 2007 and 2013 and now 9% in the last year.

Like Hillary (sniper fire on the Tarmac) and Ryan's sub three hour marathon, Trump is too insecure and flawed to avoid lying about meaningless things. Trump claims his net worth in $9B, but he has zero credible documentation to prove that. Huge downside if he's "only" worth $4B. He also claimed he had the best attended launch, but it was estimated at around 500 people. Jeb had 3000 people the previous day. Cruz had more than 10K at Liberty. Trump will make HRC look honest and trustworthy.

Like Hillary (sniper fire on the Tarmac) and Ryan's sub three hour marathon, Trump is too insecure and flawed to avoid lying about meaningless things. Trump claims his net worth in $9B, but he has zero credible documentation to prove that. Huge downside if he's "only" worth $4B. He also claimed he had the best attended launch, but it was estimated at around 500 people. Jeb had 3000 people the previous day. Cruz had more than 10K at Liberty. Trump will make HRC look honest and trustworthy.

Cruz's launch doesn't count. He announced at a captive audience at Liberty. They had no choice but to be present.

JH must be masturbating furiously upon hearing the teen birth rate has dropped 61% over the past 20 years:

(CNN)The number of births in the United States went up last year for the first time since 2007, according to an annual report by the CDC National Center for Health Statistics. The report found that there were 62.9 births for every 1,000 women between the ages of 15 and 44, which represents an increase of 1% over the birth rate in 2013.

The spike was driven by women in their 30s and early 40s, who had 3% and 2% more births, respectively, than in the previous year. For women in their 30s, the birth rates were 100.8 per 1,000 women age 30 to 34 and 50.9 per 1,000 women age 35 to 39. In contrast, the birth rate among teens 15 to 19, which has been waning since 1991, plummeted 9% since 2013. It was 24.2 per 1,000 teens in 2014. The rate among women in their early 20s also dropped by 2%.

"The births to older women was enough to offset the decline in teen birth rate and you see this overall increase," said Brady E. Hamilton, a statistician and demographer at the National Center for Health Statistics and lead author of the study.

"In regards to the older women, this is kind of a continuation of a trend, but the decline in teens 15 to 19 really shocked me; 9% is really phenomenal," Hamilton said.

The birth rate among teens has gone down 61% since 1991. But the rate of decline has picked up speed in the last seven years, dropping 7% annually between 2007 and 2013 and now 9% in the last year.

Certainly won't stop the #narrative.

Thanks, Obama.

Certainly won't stop the #narrative.

If by #narrative, then you mean manifest and verifiable negative impacts on one's probabilities of improving one's standard of living, then, no, it won't change that.

but wait jh you said that the lure of the safety net was the cause of the inability to improve ones standard of living, and this stat demonstrates that that is diminishing. come on man, this is the cornerstone of your position and it is crumbling. This tells me the teen girls in America are eschewing the gaming of the system that the previous generation champed at the bit for.

but wait jh you said that the lure of the safety net was the cause of the inability to improve ones standard of living, and this stat demonstrates that that is diminishing. come on man, this is the cornerstone of your position and it is crumbling. This tells me the teen girls in America are eschewing the gaming of the system that the previous generation champed at the bit for.

It has never been grounded in fact, or at least not backed by the numbers. JHMD's is still on the Moynihan doctrine that has been debunked at least once a decade since. Both the recipiency and dependency rate of welfare (which include welfare benefits included from workplaces) are at 30 year lows, even at a time when income inequality is at all-time high.

Doesn't change the #narrative. Jh is a rhetoritician, nothing more.

It has never been grounded in fact, or at least not backed by the numbers. JHMD's is still on the Moynihan doctrine that has been debunked at least once a decade since. Both the recipiency and dependency rate of welfare (which include welfare benefits included from workplaces) are at 30 year lows, even at a time when income inequality is at all-time high.

Doesn't change the #narrative. Jh is a rhetoritician, nothing more.

I'm still holding out for when your apologia passes the sincerity test. We don't have to confine ourselves to rhetoric, let's judge actions. When you tolerate your children dropping out of school and becoming teenage parents because you sincerely and genuinely believe that Moynihan was mistaken, I'll believe that you believe what you say. Until then, I shall be one placing the premium on deeds over words.

I'm still holding out for when your apologia passes the sincerity test. We don't have to confine ourselves to rhetoric, let's judge actions. When you tolerate your children dropping out of school and becoming teenage parents because you sincerely and genuinely believe that Moynihan was mistaken, I'll believe that you believe what you say. Until then, I shall be one placing the premium on deeds over words.

I don't understand what this means. In fact I find it really hard to believe you even believe it yourself. It's empty rhetoric. And I know you got a good chuckle to yourself over valuing deeds over words, since all you are is a bunch of slippery words.

I have no apologia. I'm not apologizing for anyone. I don't need to. Your story doesn't hold up.

I don't understand what this means. In fact I find it really hard to believe you even believe it yourself. It's empty rhetoric. And I know you got a good chuckle to yourself over valuing deeds over words, since all you are is a bunch of slippery words.

I have no apologia. I'm not apologizing for anyone. I don't need to. Your story doesn't hold up.

It's not "my story." Your argument is with the data. Your Cold War on the Math is a losing and unworthy battle.

Let me know where to send the baby gift for your 12 year old and my congrats on completing her education in 7th grade/almost-graduation gift. I can't wait for you to put your money where your mouth is in your argument with Senator Moynihan.

Last edited:

what is your argument? that teen pregnancy isn't Zero and kids still drop out of school and so #neverfails?

what is your argument? that teen pregnancy isn't Zero and kids still drop out of school and so #neverfails?

My argument is that other people's children shouldn't have to settle for lower expectations than each of us has for our own kids.

Back