• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Retired US Soccer / World Cup Thread (RIP)

@ussoccer: #USMNT roster changes for #USAvHON. IN: @MattBesler, Michael Bradley, @clint_dempsey, @sjohn25, @Jermainejunior, @gzusi

@ussoccer: OUT: @j_brooks25, @landondonovan, @luisitogil21, @Omar4Gonzalez, @bguzan, @JoeGyau36. Full roster here: http://t.co/X9yY4AvZID

Poland beat Germany 2-0 -- first win over Germany in 19 tries.

Say what you will about expanding the Euro field, but qualifying has been wildly entertaining thus far

As 21 year old Estonia defender Artur Pikk had to go back to the barracks by midnight for national service

BzyDO7sCEAEqk3h.jpg

Raheem Sterling was "too tired" to play for his national team. Poor wittle baby!

I'll never forget that the day Cal Ripken set the consecutive games record, Rickey Henderson did not play because he wasn't mentally prepared to play that day.

But I do think that Holland's struggles now are just more evidence of how much of a genius LvG truly is as he took that squad to the World Cup Semi-Finals.

I wuz on the Iceland wagon before all you clowns.

:heart: GYLFI 4 LYFE

Martin Ødegaard (15y & 297d) of Norway becomes the youngest European to ever play in a competitive international.

Bz2qaOxIEAAAyZP.jpg

One of the biggest beneficiaries of the expanded Euro field will be ... the Netherlands???

Back