• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Retired US Soccer / World Cup Thread (RIP)

this is why I mock you as USA Fan #1, btw

It doesn't mean I don't appreciate what you do, but it is certainly your thing. And the fact you get SO FUCKING UPSET about getting called out for it is pretty funny. It's why #siffitive is a thing.

Much love.

More on Chicago's home stadium woes.

So far this season they are averaging just under 11,300 fans per game - which is 56% capacity for the stadium. No other team, including Columbus and New England (who just drew 9,000 fans to their last game), is under 60% average capacity. The league average is about 84% capacity on average. There are three teams so far this year that are averaging over 100% - Atlanta, Minnesota (new stadium) and LAFC (new stadium and the best team in the league). KC is close to 100% on average too. Atlanta's over capacity is especially impressive compared to the rest of the league as the stadium holds about 42,000 for soccer - MN is 19400, LAFC is 22000 and KC is around 18400.

Currently in the process of getting my USSF entry level (7) ref certification. There are soooooooo many videos to watch.

Anybody else on here a ref? I was one when I was in middle school, I reffed 5 and 6 year olds. But that was before the online video days. I had to go to a weekend workshop.

If you have any idea whatsoever what you're doing you'll be the best youth ref in the world.

More on Chicago's home stadium woes.

So far this season they are averaging just under 11,300 fans per game - which is 56% capacity for the stadium. No other team, including Columbus and New England (who just drew 9,000 fans to their last game), is under 60% average capacity. The league average is about 84% capacity on average. There are three teams so far this year that are averaging over 100% - Atlanta, Minnesota (new stadium) and LAFC (new stadium and the best team in the league). KC is close to 100% on average too. Atlanta's over capacity is especially impressive compared to the rest of the league as the stadium holds about 42,000 for soccer - MN is 19400, LAFC is 22000 and KC is around 18400.

Additionally, the MLS front-loaded the schedule with three March home games and a ton in April.

Weather was pretty bad for most.

this is why I mock you as USA Fan #1, btw

It doesn't mean I don't appreciate what you do, but it is certainly your thing. And the fact you get SO FUCKING UPSET about getting called out for it is pretty funny. It's why #siffitive is a thing.

Much love.

You're one weird fucking dude.

It's a US soccer thread. There was a thread on Twitter about an American center half that I shared on said thread. Not my tweet, mind you; rather, one from someone else about a player in the US pool.

I once thought your posts were most insufferable when United was good. Clearly, I was wrong.

U-17s beat Guatemala 3-0 to finish group play. Gio Reyna went by four guys to get the cross off for Griffin Yow's second goal (Yow just made his pro debut with DC United two weeks ago).

U-17s beat Guatemala 3-0 to finish group play. Gio Reyna went by four guys to get the cross off for Griffin Yow's second goal (Yow just made his pro debut with DC United two weeks ago).

New USA #1 fan

Why are Chelsea and New England Revs scheduled to play next Wednesday? What a weird time to schedule a friendly (although I doubt the match actually happens unless Chelsea brings a youth squad).

Why are Chelsea and New England Revs scheduled to play next Wednesday? What a weird time to schedule a friendly (although I doubt the match actually happens unless Chelsea brings a youth squad).

Its some sort of weird deal between Kraft and Abramovich

I think its to promote anti-semitism awareness

Bros, bros, bros. I am not as well-versed as most of you when it comes professional soccer or USMNT, but it sure SEEMS like we have as much talent in the pipeline as ever. Honestly, it seems like significantly more. Am I being crazy? I feel like we are going to be entering our Golden Age of US teams.

Yeah dude its one of the reasons I'm very excited for the U20 WC this summer. Our roster is suppose to be announced tomorrow. It should be the best roster we've had since 2005, which was Bradley, Altidore, Adu, Szetela, Rogers and a bunch of other guys. That squad was super tight, and beat a Brazilian team featuring Pato, Marcelo and a bunch of other guys. Still one of the most fun US matches I've ever watched:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBjakei1tJA

I doubt Pulisic, Adams and McKennie will be on the roster, and it is still going to be sick.

Here's an article on roster hopefuls"

http://americansoccernow.com/articl...layers-are-rising-and-falling-ahead-of-poland

Bros, bros, bros. I am not as well-versed as most of you when it comes professional soccer or USMNT, but it sure SEEMS like we have as much talent in the pipeline as ever. Honestly, it seems like significantly more. Am I being crazy? I feel like we are going to be entering our Golden Age of US teams.

I think context is important. It seems like more, in part, because we had a total lack of talent in the pipeline for many years. It's not a coincidence we missed out on two olympics, for example.

Weah is in with the U-20s, no sign of Sargent, so expect him on the Gold Cup roster

2019 FIFA U-20 World Cup Roster by Position (Club; Hometown; U-20 Caps/Goals)

GOALKEEPERS (3): CJ Dos Santos (Benfica/POR; Foxchase, Pa.; 2/0), David Ochoa (Real Salt Lake; Oxnard, Calif.; 4/0), Brady Scott (Köln/GER; Petaluma, Calif.; 9/0)

DEFENDERS (6): Sergino Dest (Ajax/NED; Almere-Stad, Netherlands; 8/1), Chris Gloster (Hannover 96/GER; Montclair, N.J.; 11/0), Aboubacar Keita (Richmond Kickers; Columbus, Ohio; 2/0), Mark McKenzie (Philadelphia Union; Bear, Del.; 10/3), Matthew Real (Philadelphia Union; Drexel Hill, Pa.; 10/0), Chris Richards (Bayern Munich/GER; Birmingham, Ala.; 8/0)

MIDFIELDERS (6): Edwin Cerrillo (FC Dallas; Frisco, Texas; 0/0), Chris Durkin (D.C. United; Glen Allen, Va.; 2/0), Richard Ledezma (PSV Eindhoven/NED; Phoenix, Ariz.; 4/0), Alex Mendez (Freiburg/GER; Los Angeles, Calif.; 15/8), Paxton Pomykal (FC Dallas; Highland Village, Texas; 9/3), Brandon Servania (FC Dallas; Dallas, Texas; 8/2)

FORWARDS (6): Ayo Akinola (Toronto FC/CAN; Brampton, Ont.; 12/9), Konrad De La Fuente (Barcelona/ESP; Miami, Fla.; 2/1), Ulysses Llanez (Wolfsburg/GER; Lynwood, Calif.; 11/7), Justin Rennicks (New England Revolution; South Hamilton, Mass.; 13/6), Sebastian Soto (Hannover 96/GER; San Diego, Calif.; 5/2), Tim Weah (Celtic FC/SCO; Rosedale, N.Y.; 0/0)

Back