• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Retired US Soccer / World Cup Thread (RIP)

Sounds pretty self righteous. Enjoy your hate, see how that works out for ya. I’ll get interpretations of Jesus’ message from my real pastor, thanks.

Mebane, simple question. Do you vote for political candidates that are going to provide large scale governmental assistance (not minuscule individual charity) to the poor and disadvantaged, or not?

Because if the answer is no, then you are not following the teachings of Christ. And if there is a final judgement, it is not going to go well for you.

ITT, Brasky says that all Republicans are going to hell. Interesting.

Please take your political/religious conversation to some other thread

Glad to hear Wright is getting a chance elsewhere. He did play a tiny bit for Schalke, but he needs real, consistent playing time to see if he's gonna make the next step or just be another outstanding youth player that got passed by everyone else as he got to the senior level.

Didn't see it mentioned but Boyd got signed by Besiktas. Wonder if there's any chance that had something to do with him not playing towards the end of the Gold Cup, if those negotiations were nearing final?

Glad to hear Wright is getting a chance elsewhere. He did play a tiny bit for Schalke, but he needs real, consistent playing time to see if he's gonna make the next step or just be another outstanding youth player that got passed by everyone else as he got to the senior level.

Didn't see it mentioned but Boyd got signed by Besiktas. Wonder if there's any chance that had something to do with him not playing towards the end of the Gold Cup, if those negotiations were nearing final?

It would be nice to learn that Boyd was unavailable, and not just an unused sub because Berhalter's a fool.

Listening to the Statsbomb podcast interview Will Kuntz and Bob Bradley from LAFC, it is frustrating thinking about Berhalter with the gig. Bradley is so clearly a better football mind.

It would be nice to learn that Boyd was unavailable, and not just an unused sub because Berhalter's a fool.

I honestly think he's in Berhalter's doghouse. Just baffling not to bring him on vs. Mexico

Here is a sampling of Jesus' message recorded in the Gospels:
Jesus preached the evil of sin and of the human heart. He preached the necessity of being born again. He proclaimed Himself to be man's only hope and way to God. He invited all to believe on Him and be rescued from coming wrath. He described faith as forsaking sin and the world in order to follow Him with the totality of one's being. He promised forgiveness, reconciliation with God and eternal life to everyone who believed. Sin, death, judgment, repentance, self-denial and total commitment to Him characterized the heart of the message of Jesus.

JEolxmf.gif

Matthew 5:27-30 7 ¶ " You have heard that it was said to those of old, 'You shall not commit adultery.' 28 "But I say to you that whoever looks at a woman to lust for her has already committed adultery with her in his heart. 29 "If your right eye causes you to sin, pluck it out and cast it from you; for it is more profitable for you that one of your members perish, than for your whole body to be cast into hell. 30 "And if your right hand causes you to sin, cut it off and cast it from you; for it is more profitable for you that one of your members perish, than for your whole body to be cast into hell.

So basically don't want to, and especially don't fuck your friend's wife. Thanks religion. Otherwise I would have fucked so many of my friends' ladies over the years. Luckily I had this passage to remind me it was a bad thing to do.

Nothing about homosexuality in here, btw, mebane. But perhaps something against masturbation. Which I'm sure you've done, you sinner. So 0/1

John 3:16-21 16 ¶ "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. 17 "For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved. 18 "He who believes in Him is not condemned; but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. 19 "And this is the condemnation, that the light has come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil. 20 "For everyone practicing evil hates the light and does not come to the light, lest his deeds should be exposed. 21 "But he who does the truth comes to the light, that his deeds may be clearly seen, that they have been done in God."

I would have thought electricity would have "discovered" much sooner if God was such a big fan of light.

And weird passage to quote in the context of this discussion, but cool. Important to note that nothing about homosexuality in there either.

John 3:36 36 "He who believes in the Son has everlasting life; and he who does not believe the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God abides on him."

Classic religious scare tactic. Piss off with this shit. I don't believe in God. I don't believe in the Holy Spirit. And I certainly don't believe that Jesus, whom did exist, died and then arose 3 days later. Because I'm not an idiot that believe fairy tales.

Still no comment about homosexuality. Noted.

John 5:25-29 25 ¶ "Most assuredly, I say to you, the hour is coming, and now is, when the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God; and those who hear will live. 26 "For as the Father has life in Himself, so He has granted the Son to have life in Himself, 27 "and has given Him authority to execute judgment also, because He is the Son of Man. 28 "Do not marvel at this; for the hour is coming in which all who are in the graves will hear His voice 29 "and come forth -- those who have done good, to the resurrection of life, and those who have done evil, to the resurrection of condemnation.

I fucking forgot about this scripture because its fucking worthless. Why even quote it? Just the same shit as like a thousand others.

And nothing about homosexuality.

Matthew 7:13-16 13 ¶ " Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it. 14 "Because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it. 15 ¶ " Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravenous wolves. 16 "You will know them by their fruits.

Scripture or "Alone" survivalist guide to success?

Nothing about THE GAYS yet

Matthew 7:22-27 22 "Many will say to Me in that day, 'Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?' 23 "And then I will declare to them, 'I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!' 24 ¶ " Therefore whoever hears these sayings of Mine, and does them, I will liken him to a wise man who built his house on the rock: 25 "and the rain descended, the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house; and it did not fall, for it was founded on the rock. 26 "But everyone who hears these sayings of Mine, and does not do them, will be like a foolish man who built his house on the sand: 27 "and the rain descended, the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house; and it fell. And great was its fall."

Sounds like a shitty ass house that was built. Was the house built by GAYS?!?!

Luke 14:26-27 26 "If anyone comes to Me and does not hate his father and mother, wife and children, brothers and sisters, yes, and his own life also, he cannot be My disciple. 27 "And whoever does not bear his cross and come after Me cannot be My disciple.

I hate therefore I'm good in the eyes of Jezzy Chrizzy. Noice.

Still.... nothing about homosexuality.

Matthew 11:28-30 28 "Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. 29 "Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 "For My yoke is easy and My burden is light."

annnnndddd nothing anti-gay here either

So other than making yourself feel SUPER CHRISTIAN by quoting Bible passages... what did this prove, mebane?

JEolxmf.gif

So basically don't want to, and especially don't fuck your friend's wife. Thanks religion. Otherwise I would have fucked so many of my friends' ladies over the years. Luckily I had this passage to remind me it was a bad thing to do.

Nothing about homosexuality in here, btw, mebane. But perhaps something against masturbation. Which I'm sure you've done, you sinner. So 0/1

I would have thought electricity would have "discovered" much sooner if God was such a big fan of light.

And weird passage to quote in the context of this discussion, but cool. Important to note that nothing about homosexuality in there either.

Classic religious scare tactic. Piss off with this shit. I don't believe in God. I don't believe in the Holy Spirit. And I certainly don't believe that Jesus, whom did exist, died and then arose 3 days later. Because I'm not an idiot that believe fairy tales.

Still no comment about homosexuality. Noted.

I fucking forgot about this scripture because its fucking worthless. Why even quote it? Just the same shit as like a thousand others.

And nothing about homosexuality.

Scripture or "Alone" survivalist guide to success?

Nothing about THE GAYS yet

Sounds like a shitty ass house that was built. Was the house built by GAYS?!?!

I hate therefore I'm good in the eyes of Jezzy Chrizzy. Noice.

Still.... nothing about homosexuality.

annnnndddd nothing anti-gay here either

So other than making yourself feel SUPER CHRISTIAN by quoting Bible passages... what did this prove, mebane?

rep from mebane: Thread: Official US Soccer / World Cup 2022 Thread

I am through disputing with you. You win. What I proved is the thematic emphases of Christ's public ministry. He denounced sin and called for repentance with offers of forgiveness. The sins He denounced were specified elsewhere in Scripture.

I appreciate his admitting that Jesus Christ never once said anything about homosexuals in the countless things that he had to talk about.

I forgive and love you, mebane. I just think you act like a twat. But we're still good right?

rep from mebane: Thread: Official US Soccer / World Cup 2022 Thread

I am through disputing with you. You win. What I proved is the thematic emphases of Christ's public ministry. He denounced sin and called for repentance with offers of forgiveness. The sins He denounced were specified elsewhere in Scripture.

I appreciate his admitting that Jesus Christ never once said anything about homosexuals in the countless things that he had to talk about.

I forgive and love you, mebane. I just think you act like a twat. But we're still good right?

I hate to do this as just catching up and know many want this to part to die but Jesus didn't need to say anything about homosexuality for it to be considered sin. Quite the opposite he would have needed to come out against what was clearly in the law if he didn't think it was sin. Instead Christ says "Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. For truly, I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not an iota, not a dot, will pass from the Law until all is accomplished." Christ defended the adulteress as not man's job to judge, but ultimately God's but that didn't make adultery OK as he told her to go and sin no more. Christ further increased the bar by saying it is adultery if you look on another woman with lust or murder if you have anger towards a brother(I've been guilty of both on a number of occasions!). No where do we see God take away from what we understand as the law as well as Christ clearly confirms marriage between a man and a woman and would have needed to state if something additional was considered.

and just for the record for the ones that say we can't eat shellfish I would point out the OT law consisted of the moral law, social and civil. Only the moral law is what still stands as most understand it as the latter 2 were meant for Jewish people at that time and not what Christ was referring to in fulfilling the law.

Also Paul says clearly in Romans "For this reason God gave them up to dishonorable passions. For their women exchanged natural relations for those that are contrary to nature; and the men likewise gave up natural relations with women and were consumed with passion for one another, men committing shameless acts with men and receiving in themselves the due penalty for their error" Seems pretty clear to me along with what we see elsewhere in the Bible.

I guess the thing that is most bizarre to me over the last several years is somehow the the narrative that just because a Christian says homosexuality is sin that they hate them??? I have served in prison ministry for years as well as homeless and many who clearly have different lifestyles and beliefs but didn't mean I would hate them??? Actually quite the opposite it was my favorite part of the week as I knew I myself was the worse of sinners and would have landed right where they are if not for the grace of God and enjoyed building friendships with folks of all different backgrounds and being able to discuss God and faith in reasonable manner whether Christian of different beliefs or Muslim, Jew, Hindu or whatever. My Hindu friend doesn't think I hate them even though I have clearly shared my belief that Christ was the only way to God and we love getting together to discuss our faiths on regular basis.

Carry on!

No doubt up there with Mia Hamm and Michelle Akers.

Will be interesting to see if Rapinoe will have another WC in her or this was the last one.

Definitely sounded like Carli was finished and have to guess Ali K is done given she quit soccer after last WC only to pick it back up and make it again and would be 38 for next go round which is fairly old for WNT. Have to also figure Sauerbrun is done as she definitely started to look her age some and would also be 38.

Guessing Alex is fit enough that she has at least one more in the tank as she would be 35 and even if she loses a step she is better than just about anyone else.

So 4-5 fairly big shoes to fill over next few years, but the young talent should also improve as Rose, Mewis, Horan and Erst are just great mids.

Sadly, it's probably closer to the latter.

Boyd didn't look good against Curacao but still deserved more time.

Back