• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Retired US Soccer / World Cup Thread (RIP)

Hahaha ....now we're calling a win over the Cuban National "off the street" team "doing what we have to do to stay in the Concacaf Nations League" ? The USWNT could've beaten the Cubans last night. Gosh guys, I sure hope we can edge those pesky Canadians on goal differential....then we'll be on the way to soccer glory!

You realize I hate almost everything about the USSF right now, right? But what more did you want from last night? 10? 12? After 6 who cares at that point.

And the USWNT couldn’t beat the Dallas U15 boys team, we’ve been down that road before.

You realize I hate almost everything about the USSF right now, right? But what more did you want from last night? 10? 12? After 6 who cares at that point.

And the USWNT couldn’t beat the Dallas U15 boys team, we’ve been down that road before.

It has nothing to do with the score, and everything about how we actually played vs a terrible, terrible opponent. Cuba wouldn't beat the Dallas U15's either.

Michael Bradley is back! Are you not excited!?!?! Good lineup, I guess. Lovitz...whatever. Bradley might help you win this match, but what's he doing moving forward? Meh, show me something US.

Also Canada's coach saying this is the match they've been waiting 10-15 years for? Maybe focus on qualifying or Gold Cup matches...

TBF I believe that Canada has to win our Nations League group in order to qualify for the Hex next year, so it’s a big one for them

As for the lineup, I don’t hate it

Lovitz is whatever and Ream has looked better at LCB than LB so I’m cool with that.

Excited to see Sargent over Zardes and McKennie playing in the #10 as the LCM

Almost unwatchable. No cohesion, no identity. Half assed pressing at times. Basically relying on mistakes or a moment of brilliance rather than being the better team.

The lack of cohesive pressure is my biggest issue with this system. We are absolutely toothless without the ball. Probably because everybody is trying to remember their next synchronized side ways pass in possession :tard:

Its utter shit. I have no clue what the plan is. Its ugly, it's not technical, it's not physical, it's boring and unimaginative. Bring back Jurgen.

I was too young to know a lot about the sport in 98, but I remember the Iran loss. Have the last 2 years been worse?

Back