• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Retired US Soccer / World Cup Thread (RIP)

Eww Beckerman scored again this week. I bet Jurgen will call him in again with this run of form and us not having much depth at CM. Go away Kyle, we don't want you!

Bradley, Edu, Jones, Williams, Torres, Corona/Mix. No space for the dreaded one.

Bradley, Edu, Jones, Williams, Torres, Corona/Mix. No space for the dreaded one.

Jurgen has never played Williams centrally. Torres is more of a CAM like Dempsey. Corona/Mix has one NT cap between the two, and that was under BB over a year ago. I hope he's not in the roster, but I bet he will be.

Jurgen has never played Williams centrally. Torres is more of a CAM like Dempsey. Corona/Mix has one NT cap between the two, and that was under BB over a year ago. I hope he's not in the roster, but I bet he will be.

I'm hoping Jurgen has just played Williams out wide because he had no better options. Williams plays exactly the same role as Beckerman for Hoffenheim, but better. He or Jones should be the DCM. Corona has impressed in Mexico, I think Jurgen will take a lot at him soon.

I hope so, Beckerman belongs in Boone working at a hemp shop, not our NT.

What are the chances Boyd gets time on BVBs first team now that they've locked up the title? Hopefully pretty high. I don't know who's in front of him their FWD pecking order.

What are the chances Boyd gets time on BVBs first team now that they've locked up the title? Hopefully pretty high. I don't know who's in front of him their FWD pecking order.

Mucho pos rep

Even if Beckerman did show up here, I wouldn't even notice him. Just another daily eyesore.

Not sure. They might play Barrios to try and raise his value as he's almost certainly on his way out this summer. I think there's one other prospect that might compete with Boyd for minutes. Hopefully he'll at least get some 2nd half minutes so Dortmund can decide if they want to have him back up Lewandowski next year or go on loan somewhere.

I'd like to see him get some first team action and solidify his spot on the upcoming roster

Yeah, I think they'll give Boyd some minutes to see what they've got on their hands; because you never know what you've got until you let the kids play.

USA vs. Russia in November?

The rivalry between the US and Russia will have another twist this year. The Russian and American national football teams will reportedly come head-to-head in a friendly game.
The President of the Russian Football Union Sergey Fursenko made the statement on Thursday, adding that “the match will take place where it will be warmer in November,” apparently suggesting that it will be held in America.
Russia are currently 11th in the FIFA ranking compared to Team USA’s 29th. The teams’ head-to-head history proves the statistics – the Russians won two of their four previous games with two draws and no losses.***
Quite symbolically the friendly will be played in the midst of the US presidential campaign as the game is expected to kick off on November 14, 2012.
Four more friendlies are on for Russia this year. On May 25, Dick Advocaat’s charges will take on South American champs Uruguay in Moscow. Four days after they will test Lithuania in Bern, while on June 1, they will have the final rehearsal ahead of Euro 2012 against Italy. Finally, Didier Drogba and Co are expected in Moscow on August 15.

USWNT draws France, Colombia and Korea DPR in Group G at the 2012 Olympics. Defeated all 3 in 2011

@briansciaretta: #USMNT midfielder Danny Williams tore a muscle in his shoulder while in weight room and will be out at least a month. May US callup in doubt.

Sucks for Danny but I'm not very upset over it, I really haven't seen anything impressive from him on the right wing. May make a space for a player like Adu, Gatt, or Gyau.

Well, now we get Beckerman. Williams would have moved back to CM with Donovan back.

There's no way he unseats Bradley at this point, though. It may be the pair of them in the middle, Beckerman playing behind Bradley.

And Williams showed flashes, but like SD3 said, I really really hope this opens the door for Freddy.

Back