• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Retired US Soccer / World Cup Thread (RIP)

Currently livid with Eurosport, had planned a trip back to the 336 this weekend for quite some time so I put my parents home address as to where they should ship my baby Bradley jersey. They emailed me yesterday saying my customization was taking longer than normal and that would delay shipping by 48 hours. Are you serious? How does the largest soccer store in America not have Michael Bradley jerseys in stock? And wtf was the point of having a pre sale if you weren't going to make the jersey ahead of time and have it ready to ship on the 26th? Ignorant idiots piss me off. Rant over

Weak, you could drive to hillsborough and pick it up in just a couple of hours.

On the other hand, I went to their annual garage sale a couple of weekends ago -- I have never seen so much gear or so many crazed hispanics in my life. There were some awesome deals though. Almost nothing west ham and the usmnt stuff all had stupid names printed on the back -- returns, I guess.

Weak, you could drive to hillsborough and pick it up in just a couple of hours.

On the other hand, I went to their annual garage sale a couple of weekends ago -- I have never seen so much gear or so many crazed hispanics in my life. There were some awesome deals though. Almost nothing west ham and the usmnt stuff all had stupid names printed on the back -- returns, I guess.

35 minutes away from their house :rulz:

Oguchi Onyewu is starting for Sporting in league match v. Academica, his 2nd start since returning from injury. Match just underway.

Onyewu goes the full 90, picks up a yellow card in a 2-1 league win for Sporting over Academica. Same teams meet in Cup final May 20th.

Ticket sales from Goff:

Scotland friendly May 26 in Jacksonville: 25,500

Brazil friendly May 30 in Landover, Md.: 43,300

Antigua World Cup qualifier June 8 in Tampa: 5,800

(The men will also play a June 3 friendly at Canada in Toronto and a June 12 qualifier at Guatemala.)

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...ction-process/2012/04/30/gIQAioTisT_blog.html

Jurgen Klinsmann said:
“It has a big impact in terms of the stretch of five games – the three friendlies plus two World Cup qualifiers. It’s really about delivering. It’s about getting results, obviously more importantly in the World Cup qualifiers but also the friendlies leading up to those two qualifiers. It’s about the momentum, it’s about performance. In such a stretch, you do not risk bringing in players who are injured. You do not risk bringing in players you think need more time to develop. It’s not an introduction camp for players. It’s not a time period where you try things out. It’s a time period now - in essence very different to all the previous friendlies we’ve had so far - where you want to attack on the field. You’ve got to get a job done, so you’re not taking risks on players. You’re not taking players into consideration that you know might be 10-20 percent away from a full international level. You go with players that you have the feeling that they’ll deliver and are going to get the job done. It’s different to a friendly, where you say you might bring in some youngsters and you run them through and you bring them in for the last 20 minutes or 30 minutes or even start them, thinking, ‘Let’s give them experience.’ You risk the result a little bit at the end of the day. These five games ahead of us, I’m not taking risks on those things. I want to make sure we get the best possible result out of every game.”

http://www.ussoccer.com/News/Mens-N...th-Jurgen-Klinsmann-The-Scouting-Network.aspx

Last edited:
I'm 4 of those 5,800! Woohoo. Why do I always get stuck at the small cap games? Lame

Gotta love the little brother that wears your jersey before you even get to see it :rulz:

ArxXO4WCIAAYyIs.jpg:medium

ArxXaYzCIAA9I2r.jpg:medium

I dont see why they just didnt do the stripes all the way around and put the numbers and letters over the stripes, it would make it better IMO, but whatever.

That looks hideous.

Stripe it all the way around. Holy god, USA. If we're not the best at the sport at least look good. The WC jerseys were great.

If you striped it all the way around, how would you see the number? I can't think of any color that would show up well over red and white stripes.

That kit is shit.

Errrr.... no offense to you, sd3. Just to the design of the fucking thing. It's terrible.

I feel like it's a FIFA rule that you can't have numbers over stripes. I've seen a few different designs that were the same, with a hideous gap where the numbers are.

Though apparently if you're Cameroon you can have your number over a goddamn lion, which I suppose is a much better reason.

Last edited:
Wrong? No.

Just shows you have no taste. No wonder you support Chelsea. :thumbsup:

Just be glad they left the name and number box white. I'm surprised they didn't put a giant blue box there or something else equally hideous.

Again, it's not that I love them - just don't think they're as atrocious as you (and my wife) think they are. I do like the numbers, but I agree that there was no reason to make a big change from the very awesome 2010 WC kits.

Back