• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Retired US Soccer / World Cup Thread (RIP)

Weird, I was just thinking earlier today that we have heard much from CD9 in a while.

@CharlieDavies9: Back in the squad for tomorrow's match vs Ajaccio. It's been 2 months and boy am I ready! http://t.co/y0qOh1Xk

Thought CD9 might get a chance with Sochaux up 1-0 in the 2nd half. Now tied 1-1 and down to 9 men. Ride that pine CD9

Cross your fingers, boys:

@SoccerInsider: Jozy Altidore exits AZ Alkmaar match in 34th minute. Hmmmm #usmnt

Cross your fingers, boys:

@SoccerInsider: Jozy Altidore exits AZ Alkmaar match in 34th minute. Hmmmm #usmnt

@BrianSciaretta: UPDATE: #usmnt forward Jozy Altidore subbed out of today's AZ Alkmaar game with a head injury. may have been knocked out

Let's hope it's more precautionary than anything else. Last thing he needs (and selfishly for the US team, we need) is the start of concussion syndromes.

According to Dutch reports, Jozy Altidore was shoved into signage lining field, hit his head and was knocked out cold.

USMNT vs. Jamaica World Cup Qualifier on Sept. 11 to be played at Crew Stadium in Columbus

Think that's where we played them last cycle too.

Just looked it up, 2 cycles ago. I'm getting old.

AZ are basically out of Europe. I'm not sure if I'd like to see another year there or Jozy to go elsewhere.

fwiw, Bedoya came on as a sub and scored for Rangers yesterday. Boca and Edu started and played the whole game. I don't know if they are sticking around next year with Rangers being in a world of crap right now.

I'd think Edu is gone since he's actually someone that could bring in money. Not sure what will happen with the other two, although I could see Boca coming back to MLS if the situation is right.

AZ are basically out of Europe. I'm not sure if I'd like to see another year there or Jozy to go elsewhere.

Huh? They're in the Europa playoff spots now, and are only two points out of a direct spot in Europe. They play Groningen, while Heerenveen plays Feyenoord. I'd say there's a decent chance AZ gets in without having to even deal with the playoffs.

@USsoccerDaily: Oguchi Onyewu earned a red card (2 yellows) in Sporting's 2-0 loss at Porto today. Played 67 min, scoreless when he left. #usmnt

Back