• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Retired US Soccer / World Cup Thread (RIP)

@BrianSciaretta: Despite injury last weekend, Jozy Altidore starts for AZ Alkmaar and picks up assist in 1-0 win over Groningen to secure Europa League birth

Someone tell me that there's something else he would be gutted about right now...

Oguchi Onyewu ‏ @OguchiOnyewu5

Gutted... =/

Terrence Boyd scores 2 goals for Borussia Dortmund's U23 team in 4-0 win over Rot Weiss Essen.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/soccer/news/20120505/borussia-dortmund/?sct=sc_t12_a0

talks about the guys dortmund is losing and their replacements. No mention of Boyd possibly stepping in for Barrios (or if they lose their other forward as well)

Lewandowski's ambivalence notwithstanding, there seems little risk that the record-breaking team -- no one had ever amassed 81 points in a Bundesliga season before -- will break up completely. Dortmund has already shown its ambition by signing highly rated attacking midfielder Marco Reus for €17.5 million and snatched the 18-year-old forward Leonardo Bittencourt (Cottbus), another very promising German youngster, from under the noses of Bayern (€3.5 million). That would leave approximately €10 million for a Barrios replacement. In that respect, Nicklas Helenius (Aalborg BK), John Guidetti (ManCity/Feyenoord), Bas Dost (Heerenveen) and Luuk de Jong (Twente) have been scouted extensively. Local paper Ruhr Nachrichten revealed Dortmund is also interested in Angelo Henríquez (Universidad de Chile). The fact that Manchester United secured first option on the 18-year-old a year ago makes him an intriguing candidate: Dortmunsd could ask for a part-exchange if and when Alex Ferguson does come calling for Kagawa.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/soccer/news/20120505/borussia-dortmund/#ixzz1u8tUEHsT

I'd rather see Boyd go out on loan than possibly compete for the occasional backup minutes. Dortmund is too big for him to try and jump directly into. He needs a year of starting somewhere.

Anyone think Michael Bradley will move to a bigger club this summer? There have been rumors of MB4 to Roma floating around in Italy, and he didn't play in Veronas Serie A match today, which is odd.

Well, Jurgen appears to be in no hurry getting the roster out:

Camp roster released in two phases: Mostly Euro-based players on 5/15, mostly MLS-based on 5/20

Well, Jurgen appears to be in no hurry getting the roster out:

Camp roster released in two phases: Mostly Euro-based players on 5/15, mostly MLS-based on 5/20

According to USSF, Klinsmann will call in as many as 29 players to USMNT training camp in Orlando (May 15-24th) & pick 23 for their 5 games

The FA has confirmed the England squad will for the Euro's will be announced at 1pm on Wednesday May 16th.

Anyone have a list of the upcoming USMNT games that have confirmed dates and sites? I'd like to see them play once or twice this summer. Thanks!

Anyone have a list of the upcoming USMNT games that have confirmed dates and sites? I'd like to see them play once or twice this summer. Thanks!

Friendlies
5/26 vs Scotland (Jacksonville, FL)
5/30 vs Brazil (Washington, DC)
6/3 @ Canada (Toronto)

WC Qualifying
6/8 vs Antigua & Barbuda (Tampa, FL)
6/12 @ Guatemala
9/7 @ Jamaica
9/11 vs Jamaica (Columbus, OH)
10/12 @ Antigua & Barbuda
10/16 vs Guatemala (don't think the site has been set, not sure)

May 26th vs Scotland in Jacksonville, FL
May 30th vs Brazil in DC
June something vs Canada in Canada
June 8th vs Antigua in Tampa, FL
June 12th vs Guatemala in Guatemala
August something vs Mexico in Mexico
September 7th vs Jamacia in Jamacia
September 11th vs Jamacia in Columbus, OH
November something vs. Russia in Russia

France non-French based players for Euro's: Benzema, Ribery, Nasri, Malouda, Evra, Clichy, Mexes, Koscielny, Kaboul, Rami, Ben Arfa, Cabaye.

France based players announced later.

Portugal will announce their squad on Monday.

About time to get the fantasy draft going.

Yeah we need to start ASAP since the MLS draft took 3 weeks. Haha I suggest you get a mobile number or email from everyone playing to let them know they are on deck or on the clock

I think we just have to set an absolute time for the draft, and if you can't make it you either miss out or team up with someone else.

Once the final roster is released I'm going to start the draft.

Do we have enough interest for 10 teams? 12? Should we even go to the non-footy regulars?

Back