• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Retired US Soccer / World Cup Thread (RIP)

When everyone else in the room is arguing against you... you are probably wrong.

Write that down.

Depends. Sometimes the misstatements of others get believed by the group as fact and then the entire group is guilty of groupthink based upon a false statement.

Sure glad JFK didn't think like you're implying when everyone wanted him to respond to the USSR's actions in Cuba.

Depends. Sometimes the misstatements of others get believed by the group as fact and then the entire group is guilty of groupthink based upon a false statement.

Sure glad JFK didn't think like you're implying when everyone wanted him to respond to the USSR's actions in Cuba.

Facepalm

OK I can't figure out how to quote that whole mess and your reply, so I'll do the best I can without it.

I didn't call her worthless. I said she *had been* worthless outside of long balls in that game. Which when I said it was true, and since it was a statement of what had already happened, something that happens after it cannot "prove it wrong."

I didn't try to diminish her assist. I described it accurately after people were making it out to be something tremendous. She had to do nothing to get the ball at her feet except watch it to herself after it bounced off another player. Then she had a lane to the byline and a clean look at a cross to an unmarked Wambach. Credit her for not screwing up a golden opportunity, I guess, but it was hardly anything spectacular for either her or Wambach.

Keep distorting the facts, though, even if the very words you quote argue against you.

"don't you dare shoot those you fucking fucktards" -JFK, to the Cubans and Russians

tlc-litgo.jpg

KanhojiAngry, let it go.

Don't be silly. None of you motherfuckers has any more of a clue than anyone else. You're all just as behelden to highly questionable sources as the rest of us and none of you will know shit until anyone else does. None of you are insiders, none of you are experts. You're just a bunch of fucks on a message board just like all of us.

F Alex Morgan, 9: Unlucky not to score when she hit the post from close range in the 49th minute, but wasn't to be denied. Her finish in the 68th minute was sublime, and she set up the Americans' second goal with her hard work and pinpoint cross to Wambach.

Someone forgot to tell Carlisle that Alex sucked

Wow, that might have been funny had it been in any way contextual, which it isn't. The information was on the broadcast. How you see it is up to you I guess.

I guess I should take into consideration that many of you are drinking when you watch this stuff.

It's pretty much pile-on time at this point...even someone who knows I'm right isn't going to admit it at this point for fear of the wrath of those who have co-opted the thread solely to misinterpret my statements.

US lost, I'm unhappy about that. I'm not unhappy that Morgan had a goal or an assist or anything else. I'm unhappy that she was unable to consistently find a way to further the attack when she got the ball in the final third against a settled defense. Hopefully by the Olympics she'll be able to add that to her game, because it appears it is needed...

Along with a new back line.

I wasn't drinking and I wasn't even piling on, I said something, you disagreed and responded then I disagreed with you again and brought forward evidence while you continued to state contentious personal opinion.

F Alex Morgan, 9: Unlucky not to score when she hit the post from close range in the 49th minute, but wasn't to be denied. Her finish in the 68th minute was sublime, and she set up the Americans' second goal with her hard work and pinpoint cross to Wambach.

Someone forgot to tell Carlisle that Alex sucked

I disagree with the opinion expressed. See, I'm not saying it's a lie or false. I disagree that it was hard work. There's a difference.

But that's what's wrong with the 1-10 rating system. It favors the people who do the final work over the people that put in the work to get them the ball. That doesn't get noticed.

What did Rapinoe and O'Reilly rate? They were the two best players on the pitch over the balance of the game.

I wasn't drinking and I wasn't even piling on, I said something, you disagreed and responded then I disagreed with you again and brought forward evidence while you continued to state contentious personal opinion.

Another opinion is not evidence.

Y'all enjoy fapping over your pinup girl. I'm done here.

You're so blinded by your intent to make me look bad that it doesn't matter what point I make.

With regards to Morgan (not Boxx, she sucked): You need to rewatch the game mang, she was all over the place. Her work rate was ridiculous and she had a nose for being in the right place at the right time. You call it "luck" and I call it making quality plays

Back