• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Retired US Soccer / World Cup Thread (RIP)

Zardes is a clod, and always was. Stu Holden is a little bitch. And I think we're seeing what the Berhalter experiment is gonna produce. This is madness. If there was ever an argument for the USWNT equality claims, this is it. Those ladies and staff should be paid double what these dweebs are getting.

Oh fuck off

Curacao was surprisingly decent

But still a crap performance by the boys. Only a piece of brilliance by Pulisic kept us away from extra time.

And Zardes is hot garbage. How does he even get looks at a USMNT training camp? Much less actually start in competitive matches... Unreal.

I think we'll see Jozy up top moving forward. Had this been a match vs. Costa Rica or even Jamaica, I think Jozy starts up top. Should be the go to man for the home stretch here. Probably smart by GGG and the staff to limit him the way that they have thus far.

what happens first:

1. USMNT makes it to knockout round of a World Cup
2. WFMBB makes a sweet 16

I don't think #1 happens until 2026, and Manning should be gone by then

Yeah, fusiondad can be quite the asshat. Further, Stu isn't a bitch and, quite frankly, was a really good footballer whose unfortunate susceptibility to injury cost him, and the US, what could have been a difference-making career.

Well, Holden was susceptible, I suppose, but it's not like he kept tweaking an ankle or a hamstring. Nigel De Jong broke his leg with a horrible challenge in a friendly against the Dutch. Then a year later he made it back to playing and Jonny Evans had a terrible studs-up tackle that wrecked his knee. Then he re-injured that same knee once or twice more after extensive rehab. He had some horrible luck.

The Evans/Holden challenge was a stupid decision by both players. Both were studs up, IIRC. And I think Evans got the ball first but he was beyond reckless in his challenge.

Thinking about that made me think of Jay Jay Okacha. Loved watching him play.

Yeah, fusiondad can be quite the asshat. Further, Stu isn't a bitch and, quite frankly, was a really good footballer whose unfortunate susceptibility to injury cost him, and the US, what could have been a difference-making career.

Blah, blah, blah. You soccer noobs think you know everything because you spend all your waking hours surfing the internet for articles about the fucking transfer rumors so you can post them "first' on this circle jerk soccer thread. Fuck you Siff and all of you dweebs. None of you listen to the inane whining and then apologizing Holden and John Strong have been doing the entire Greg Berhalter tenure. Holder is a little jerk who has nothing useful to say in commentary. At least Landon Donovan tried his best on National TV to tell the truth about this. The USMNT is a shitshow right now compared to the USWNT, and will remain that way in spite of Christian Pulisic unless people like you and Stu Holden stop trying to proclaim the future is bright because of Josh Sargent, Weston McKennie and the analytics of Greg Berhalter, and then act dumbfounded when they can't handle Curacao. Congrats to McKennie for getting an extension from Schalke, but seriously, he did nothing important last night except run hard after being out of position and finish a header your granny could have made. Aren't you guys getting tired of the best thing about American players is that they work hard and are bros off the pitch? Someday they need to actually learn to play, like the women have. Get over yourselves. Idiots, all of you.

Blah, blah, blah. You soccer noobs think you know everything because you spend all your waking hours surfing the internet for articles about the fucking transfer rumors so you can post them "first' on this circle jerk soccer thread. Fuck you Siff and all of you dweebs. None of you listen to the inane whining and then apologizing Holden and John Strong have been doing the entire Greg Berhalter tenure. Holder is a little jerk who has nothing useful to say in commentary. At least Landon Donovan tried his best on National TV to tell the truth about this. The USMNT is a shitshow right now compared to the USWNT, and will remain that way in spite of Christian Pulisic unless people like you and Stu Holden stop trying to proclaim the future is bright because of Josh Sargent, Weston McKennie and the analytics of Greg Berhalter, and then act dumbfounded when they can't handle Curacao. Congrats to McKennie for getting an extension from Schalke, but seriously, he did nothing important last night except run hard after being out of position and finish a header your granny could have made. Aren't you guys getting tired of the best thing about American players is that they work hard and are bros off the pitch? Someday they need to actually learn to play, like the women have. Get over yourselves. Idiots, all of you.

lol eat a dick dude. Josh Sargent wasn't even on the same continent as the game being played last night, why are you bringing him up? And Holden is one of the best in the business for what he does. He's also not a jerk, having met him multiple times. Did your assisted living facility run out of orange jello last night or something? Why are you so angry?

Well, Holden was susceptible, I suppose, but it's not like he kept tweaking an ankle or a hamstring. Nigel De Jong broke his leg with a horrible challenge in a friendly against the Dutch. Then a year later he made it back to playing and Jonny Evans had a terrible studs-up tackle that wrecked his knee. Then he re-injured that same knee once or twice more after extensive rehab. He had some horrible luck.

That's what I meant. Luck or not, unfortunate events led to his premature retirement. More importantly, he's not a "little bitch," though I know someone who is.

the will is strong but the flesh is weak. was a shame that Holden couldn't stay healthy for long.

at least he would take a shot on goal from some distance. not sure why the players do not take some shots from farther out.

it seems to rarely happen.

only seen the 2nd half but the team effort seemed lackluster. couldn't get the ball out of the backfield on multiple occasions when
Curacao brought pressure.

statistically shots from 20+ yards out don't have a high probability of going into the net

lol eat a dick dude. Josh Sargent wasn't even on the same continent as the game being played last night, why are you bringing him up? And Holden is one of the best in the business for what he does. He's also not a jerk, having met him multiple times. Did your assisted living facility run out of orange jello last night or something? Why are you so angry?

Seriously young man.....to be successful in life it's best to keep your trap shut when you don't understand what someone said or wrote. I didn't start the name calling. You twerps did, because you didn't understand or agree with my point of view or opinion. I don't care if we agree, and you don't have to either, but I'm not gonna sit back and be called names for having an opinion by jerks like you. Glad you and Stu are such cute bros together. Post a selfie to make yourself feel better.

Back