• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Reveal Yourself! Show my daddy your (oYo), I have a beach house!!

Found my old avatar pic:
DiGavatar.png

Many fun years of posting with this image. :D

Found my old avatar pic:
DiGavatar.png

Many fun years of posting with this image. :D

hah! i turned off avatars, so in my mind that's still what i see w/ your name.
i posted w/ a gardenia blossom as my avatar on the old boards; then calvin in his various forms started.

i posted w/ a gardenia blossom as my avatar on the old boards; then calvin in his various forms started.
I started on ACC boards with 2 chicks kissing. Now I have my kids, times have changed...

I started on ACC boards with 2 chicks kissing. Now I have my kids, times have changed...

Matt won't let you out to kiss chicks anymore. Tough times.

I went and looked and I joined the most recent iteration of the Scout board 12/27/2001. I was posting somewhere on an earlier iteration as DoubleDeaconWantFries... Wow, time flies...

I first posted on what I thought was ACCBoards (but it could have been Rancho DeNada) in about June of 98. First poster I ever met in real life was Donald Ross- somehow, I stayed on the boards after that.

The boards were funny because for the longest time, there was just one board. No separating out politics or pit-related stuff. So that fucko 81 and RJ (RIP) would freak the fuck out at each other about Clinton's blowjobs, Bush/Gore, or whatever else there was to fight about in threads discussing whether CJ Leak would end up being a Heisman winner for Wake.

I remember more trolling than flaming back then- I got into an e-fight with a state fan in the fall of '98 about whether athletes actually had to go to class at Wake (because the internet is serious business). I then set up a new account and just talked shit to that guy for like 2 weeks.

I remember everybody flipping the fuck out when ACCBoards migrated to Scout and then again when post counts were re-set or something.

Life was better before all the fucking millennials showed up on my lawn.

I remember everybody flipping the fuck out when ACCBoards migrated to Scout and then again when post counts were re-set or something.

Somewhere in there it split from a sports board to a sports board and an off-topic board, after much debate. Then BDZ(?) asked for a politics board and I think rj was the most outspoken person against that.

I've been around forever, since Rancho da Nada and the AOL boards. You guys forgot to mention John the Not Baptist, who used to annotate the coaches remarks, especially Odom's. That was funny stuff.

the annotated wellman one (i believe, maybe it was an odom one) was one of the greatest posts of all time

What happpened to ilovethedeacons?

Didn't he have a big rjkarl esque board retirement because of scalping tickets?

That was hilarious.

Back in the day, Cagles ran Deaconsports.com as a one man band. At one time, his site was getting more hits than WakeForestSports.com

I love all your Calvins!
That was my only avatar until I got married & moved from Georgia. Did the whole name change from DeacinGA and bounced through a few avatars until I settled upon my favorite pic from the Big Boss beers, Hells Belle.

I actually had a chance meeting with Cagles at a Wake-GT basketball game in Atlanta five years ago or so. I know he catches a lot of flack around here, but he seemed like a decent guy ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

roger sends

Do we know who this was? That guy spent like an entire year infuriating the board and predicting the 2005 team would get upset in the 2nd round of the NCAAT, and then I'll be goddamned if that didn't happen and crush all of our hopes and dreams and souls. Ugh.

To his credit, after the WVU game I think even that dude felt bad about it, as I don't recall him making any more appearances.

I actually had a chance meeting with Cagles at a Wake-GT basketball game in Atlanta five years ago or so. I know he catches a lot of flack around here, but he seemed like a decent guy ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Met his dad at the beach one time. He seemed nice enough.

Back