• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Reveal Yourself! Show my daddy your (oYo), I have a beach house!!

Since we are reminiscing on posters, I always enjoyed the insight ExclusiveClothes provided. Always wished we would have landed that class, but I suppose he was a better consolation than nothing. Some great insight on the NBA ins and outs.

Obviously, most of the most memorable posters have been mentioned, but I hadn't seen EC.

DeacHead...remember the Monday night trivia games on the AOL message boards circa 1994, where if you won, your prize was 5 free AOL minutes? The best part about it was the 14.4's bitching about the 28.8's. "Fastest modem wins!"

Just realized something, having posted on these boards for over 20 years, and I have only ONCE met a poster (that I didn't already know from my time at Wake) in real life...and that was randomly at a barber shop in Haymarket, VA.

Ha, that's an example of "the more things change..." When I play fast-twitch online games today I still hear complaints about "damn lag killed me" when they lose.

5 free minutes may not sound like much but dang, those AOL bills could get substantial if you weren't careful when they charged by the minute. I remember having some $100+ months.

Since we are reminiscing on posters, I always enjoyed the insight ExclusiveClothes provided. Always wished we would have landed that class, but I suppose he was a better consolation than nothing. Some great insight on the NBA ins and outs.

Obviously, most of the most memorable posters have been mentioned, but I hadn't seen EC.

A few of us met ExclusiveClothes in Memphis the night before our 2006 game at Ole Miss.

I estimate meeting at least 50-60 posters. Much fewer now that I'm not in NC.

I almost posted about EC on the recruiting thread when it went on the Teague tangent. That guy was the first to really big up Teague as a legit player in whom we were interested. Then Teague started blowing up late, but that dude was right on from the beginning.

i am new to the boards (relatively speaking) but have met a considerable number of posters in lots of different places

I'm pretty sure I can smell that armpit through my computer screen. Or maybe it's just me. Either way ... HOT!

I went and looked and I joined the most recent iteration of the Scout board 12/27/2001. I was posting somewhere on an earlier iteration as DoubleDeaconWantFries... Wow, time flies...

There was a major technical upheaval on the Scout board that day. Big issues because, among other things, everybody's post counts were reset to zero that day, and everybody who had been on was given that as a new start date (me too). My user name was "nonconforming" but grandfathered in over there at the time. I had picked up the message boards originally with Rancho da Nada, as Kent was a classmate of mine.

First computer was an early IBM PC, and at a place I was no longer working at by 2001, so I know my presence was before 2001.

there's a whole lot of not revealing yourself on the past few pages

There was a major technical upheaval on the Scout board that day. Big issues because, among other things, everybody's post counts were reset to zero that day, and everybody who had been on was given that as a new start date (me too). My user name was "nonconforming" but grandfathered in over there at the time. I had picked up the message boards originally with Rancho da Nada, as Kent was a classmate of mine.

First computer was an early IBM PC, and at a place I was no longer working at by 2001, so I know my presence was before 2001.

Aha, that does sound familiar. So I am sure I was on before 2001, then - don't remember when...

Back