• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Reveal Yourself! Show my daddy your (oYo), I have a beach house!!

I remember Drewzster telling the board once that he never told his kids about Santa Claus because it was basically like lying to them, and people thought he was just Bandwagoning us at first. Nope.

Does 04 post anymore after the board paid his way to Jacksonville from Europe for the championship game?

Miss magnolialeague, haven't seen him in a while either

Do we know who this was? That guy spent like an entire year infuriating the board and predicting the 2005 team would get upset in the 2nd round of the NCAAT, and then I'll be goddamned if that didn't happen and crush all of our hopes and dreams and souls. Ugh.

It was some Dook poster trolling us. Damn him

I remember Drewzster telling the board once that he never told his kids about Santa Claus because it was basically like lying to them, and people thought he was just Bandwagoning us at first. Nope.

Does 04 post anymore after the board paid his way to Jacksonville from Europe for the championship game?

Miss magnolialeague, haven't seen him in a while either

That drewszter guy was on my freshman hall. He was a real jackass and didn't change his sheets all year. Rolfe and I may or may not have gotten a stray dog to sleep in his bed and he never changed his sheets even then. He also was caught cranking it in the middle of the night; when asked what he was doing by his bunk mate he responded that he was "studying Spanish." 20 years later and we still use that phrase.

That drewszter guy was on my freshman hall. He was a real jackass and didn't change his sheets all year. Rolfe and I may or may not have gotten a stray dog to sleep in his bed and he never changed his sheets even then. He also was caught cranking it in the middle of the night; when asked what he was doing by his bunk mate he responded that he was "studying Spanish." 20 years later and we still use that phrase.

Did that guy live out in Palmer/Piccolo sophomore year?

What makes no sense to me now - why were there stray dogs walking around the quad, and how did we get one up to the third floor of Taylor?

Joined after finding out about the boards from WakeBDer in the fall of 2008 when I was 18 and in my first semester as a freshman.

I don't know how I never thought to look at/think about Wake message boards before that. Weird.

Starting posting in the fall of 1997...I think the boards switched from DeacMan's website to Rancho De Nada pretty soon after that. I remember discussing the Raffy/Shoe class committing.

To get into ancient pre-history, there was even a migration on AOL from one forum to another. The latter was called something like "Real Fans", I was a mod there, my "boss" believe it or not, was DarrHeel, a blast from the past as one of our classic enemies. I can't even begin to guess what the predecessor board was called, though I'm pretty sure it had the word "fans" in the title too. I used to run chat sessions for that group.

YAWSPU was from a dude whose AOL screen name was Ballen03, not DeacMan. Their two sites were run simultaneously. DeacMan focused more on recruiting and the other focused more on the (then) current team.

I had a site named "Demon Deacon Den" for about 2 years. I had on my to-do list to add a forum, but back then I didn't have some combination of technical skill and/or motivation and/or time to do that. Creating that site was done out of desperation, since there was simply nothing on the Internet about Wake at the time, even the official Wake site was fairly useless. I stopped when viable alternatives showed up (all of which are chronicled upthread).

I've tried to recruit Dan87 over here (I know him irl) but he ain't having it. No, he's not a BuzzInner by any means, like most holdouts, but it's not my place to go into the details.

Joined after finding out about the boards from WakeBDer in the fall of 2008 when I was 18 and in my first semester as a freshman.

I don't know how I never thought to look at/think about Wake message boards before that. Weird.

same, but my freshman year, so 04-05. that BDer, he's such an enabler.

What makes no sense to me now - why were there stray dogs walking around the quad, and how did we get one up to the third floor of Taylor?

If I was a stray dog, drew's drawer of little Debbie's is where I'd go.

To get into ancient pre-history, there was even a migration on AOL from one forum to another. The latter was called something like "Real Fans", I was a mod there, my "boss" believe it or not, was DarrHeel, a blast from the past as one of our classic enemies. I can't even begin to guess what the predecessor board was called, though I'm pretty sure it had the word "fans" in the title too. I used to run chat sessions for that group.

YAWSPU was from a dude whose AOL screen name was Ballen03, not DeacMan. Their two sites were run simultaneously. DeacMan focused more on recruiting and the other focused more on the (then) current team.

I had a site named "Demon Deacon Den" for about 2 years. I had on my to-do list to add a forum, but back then I didn't have some combination of technical skill and/or motivation and/or time to do that. Creating that site was done out of desperation, since there was simply nothing on the Internet about Wake at the time, even the official Wake site was fairly useless. I stopped when viable alternatives showed up (all of which are chronicled upthread).

I've tried to recruit Dan87 over here (I know him irl) but he ain't having it. No, he's not a BuzzInner by any means, like most holdouts, but it's not my place to go into the details.

don't you see? you are the one. it is your destiny to take on that calling from years ago and be the one who brings us the third board that unites us all once and for all.

DeacHead...remember the Monday night trivia games on the AOL message boards circa 1994, where if you won, your prize was 5 free AOL minutes? The best part about it was the 14.4's bitching about the 28.8's. "Fastest modem wins!"

Just realized something, having posted on these boards for over 20 years, and I have only ONCE met a poster (that I didn't already know from my time at Wake) in real life...and that was randomly at a barber shop in Haymarket, VA.

Back