• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Rice Game Time - 3:30pm RSN

Rice is really, really bad. We should have no problems winning by 3+ touchdowns.

Rice is really, really bad. We should have no problems winning by 3+ touchdowns.

While we all say that our run blocking has been good I'm not so sure. Good running teams run for 7 or 8 yards a carry against teams like Tulane and Towson and I don't think we did that. And our defense is terrible.

Everyone agrees if we win it will be a 38-28 or 41-28 type of game.

Everyone was surprised that after Sciba missed the three kicks and all the kickers came out early before the second half to practice field goals that first Sciba missed a 30 yarder, then clanked one off the same left post he had already missed two in the game, but the most surprising part was the other two or three kickers couldn't make anything. I think they combined to go maybe 3 out of 18.

We all hope they got the bad kicks out of their system and wonder who our new kicker is for the Rice game.

Everyone was surprised that after Sciba missed the three kicks and all the kickers came out early before the second half to practice field goals that first Sciba missed a 30 yarder, then clanked one off the same left post he had already missed two in the game, but the most surprising part was the other two or three kickers couldn't make anything. I think they combined to go maybe 3 out of 18.

We all hope they got the bad kicks out of their system and wonder who our new kicker is for the Rice game.

If I40 is still closed outside of wilmington, we may be sitting this game out. Made the first 4 games but a 6 hour drive is more than i am willing for Rice

If I40 is still closed outside of wilmington, we may be sitting this game out. Made the first 4 games but a 6 hour drive is more than i am willing for Rice
Glad you’ll be able to fly down I-40 now that it’s open!

That's an interesting spread. Rice averaging around 26 PPG. If they get close to that I don't think we cover. I would love to see the defense come out and play lights out and have this reset our confidence before next week's inevitable shit show.

Glad you’ll be able to fly down I-40 now that it’s open!

Glad to hear it. We still don't have cable back so I don't really get all the news. Wifie is already grumbling about staying home, and I don't blame her after these past 2 weeks. May take one of my grandsons.

The Steelers Vance McDonald went to Rice.

You should be ok. Yesterday Governor Cooper announced I40 was back open.

Any talk of moving back start time for soccer game Saturday? 3:30 kickoff and 7 pm soccer is awesome for 1 day but we'll have to miss some of 1 one of those games.

Any talk of moving back start time for soccer game Saturday? 3:30 kickoff and 7 pm soccer is awesome for 1 day but we'll have to miss some of 1 one of those games.

I really hope you'll be able to leave the football game a bit early and arrive at Spry with plenty of time to spare. If not, then we clearly won't win another football game this season. It should be over by the middle of the third quarter.

Last edited:
Was at that previous Rice game, Dooley kicked tying field goal with minimal time left and when asked why he did not go for the win said that the team needed something positive as they were 0 and 2 I think at the time. Remember it being dreary but no driving rain. Worst attended Wake game was a Virginia Tech game the Saturday after Thanksgiving during Mills tenure. It was played in a full on rain and our radio people were even laughing about the hundred or so fans that came out to sit in a cold rain and watch us loose something like 49-7

Was at that previous Rice game, Dooley kicked tying field goal with minimal time left and when asked why he did not go for the win said that the team needed something positive as they were 0 and 2 I think at the time. Remember it being dreary but no driving rain. Worst attended Wake game was a Virginia Tech game the Saturday after Thanksgiving during Mills tenure. It was played in a full on rain and our radio people were even laughing about the hundred or so fans that came out to sit in a cold rain and watch us loose something like 49-7

Maybe not a driving rain, but definitely rained a lot that game. I've sat through games in worse weather, but combining the rain and tying Rice, it was miserable.

While we all say that our run blocking has been good I'm not so sure. Good running teams run for 7 or 8 yards a carry against teams like Tulane and Towson and I don't think we did that. And our defense is terrible.

Everyone agrees if we win it will be a 38-28 or 41-28 type of game.

Is tOSU a good team?

38 carries 151 yds 2 TDS 4.0ypc not 7 or 8

Back