• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Rice Game Time - 3:30pm RSN

Last edited:
I would, too. Think we win 5.

I think 6. Feel like we have the seen the worst of this team. Reasonably confident that the team will improve over the balance of the season. That said, any finish from 5-7 to 7-5 would not surprise me.

I think it's safe to say that the stretch of @FSU, @UL, Syracuse will determine whether this team goes bowling. Have to win 2 of those 3 and then take care of Pitt at home. I just don't see a scenario where we win at the house of horrors, or against a strong Duke team.

Wake-Clemson line will open around 23 or 24 I'd imagine. I would take Clemson to cover that.

I know Conor posted some notes from the Stan Cotton Show.

Does anyone else have any more updates from last night?

We win @FSU and @UL. Lose to Cuse in a really close one. Beat Pitt and lose to State by a couple scores. We're going to be 6-5 headed into final game against Duke and most likely lose that one by 7-10 pts. Hopefully avoid Detroit bowl...That's my best case scenario for the remainder of the season but I think it's very doable.

I'll take 6-6 with the injuries we've had, losing Bates, Freshman QB. Would be fantastic for recruiting if we make a bowl for 3rd straight year.

Boston College improved tremendously at the end of the year last year Duke did as well after slower starts why can't we this year? Every game we have left minus Clemson is winnable

Wake-Clemson line will open around 23 or 24 I'd imagine. I would take Clemson to cover that.

Yes we had a discussion on that a page or two ago and everyone agreed that even with Bryant leaving and even if Tarzan goes down Klempton still has a 4 star quarterback and even with him they win in a 56-17 type game. If Tarzan and the 4 star backup go down then they go with a walkon quarterback or a wing-t with any of their 5 star running backs and only win in a 41-20 type of game. So a lot of things have to happen for Klempton not to cover and we all agree it's not unethical to bet the mortgage on Klempton in order to feed the family.

Boston College improved tremendously at the end of the year last year Duke did as well after slower starts why can't we this year? Every game we have left minus Clemson is winnable

because Boston College and Duke have talented defensive players in the secondary and if we have any they are at least a year away from learning to have their eyes in the right places and to take the right angles and all the other reasons our DC was dismissed

I predict a BIG win vs Rice. There will be a feeling of "If he can fire Sewval, he can fire me" with the staff.

because Boston College and Duke have talented defensive players in the secondary and if we have any they are at least a year away from learning to have their eyes in the right places and to take the right angles and all the other reasons our DC was dismissed

I can't believe you are a joke even on baseball threads. Just stop.

Liked this gem in particular:

"I really cannot wrap my head around the fact that seemingly a 25+ point gulf has developed between Rice and Wake Forest, of all schools. And even worse is that if we were to beat them, it wouldn't garner anywhere near the notice that accompanied ODU beating Va. Tech. This is David v. Goliath on paper but in public perception this is David v. David.

So, being unable to conceive of a world in which we are vastly inferior to Wake Forest on a football field, I choose to deny its existence. We win 24-21 with the help of a +5 in turnovers."

That’s fair. I completely understand where that person is coming from.

There is no way we are 24.5 points better than Rice, not at home, not on the road, and not even on Mars

Rice wants to be a control the clock run oriented team, without the O line to do that. Sounds like Wake's D line could be (should be) busy making tackles for short or no gain.

Back