• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Rice Game Time - 3:30pm RSN

Did Hardimon and Keith play much against ND?

I gathered from the press conference that we're going to see some more freshmen get their 4 games (applies to Keith, not Hardimon). Rice would be a good game to scatter 20ish plays in for some.

I think Hardimon is there b/c Davis and Greer are injured

Hypothetically, if a true freshman gets hurt for the year after three or four games, any reason not to designate it as a medical redshirt in case a possible sixth year of eligibility comes into play due to another injury down the line?

Hmm, Rice has a very small undergraduate student body compared to other FBS schools. Their offense can score some points, but their defense gives up more. Sound like anybody we know? :confused:

Last edited:
Everyone agrees that since Klempton took 72 players to Georgia Tech and ALL 72 players played and they still won by 50 points or whatever it was that it Klempton's third and fourth strings are better than we are.

Having this knowledge we agree it is not unethical for a Wake fan who is trying to feed his family to bet on Klempton and lay the 24 points and win easily when Klempton wins by around 82-24 like they did in 1981. This Klempton team is far better than that 1981 team and we are much worse. Everyone agrees that we can still cheer for our Deacons while helping the family by taking this easy money. Does everyone agree that 82-24 is the right score or is it more like 70-10? Everyone agrees that Klempton is better today than that 1981 team and obviously our 1981 team that won at Auburn (the Auburn team that beat Florida and LSU that year) was better than our current team so could it be more like 91-3?

Everyone agrees that since Klempton took 72 players to Georgia Tech and ALL 72 players played and they still won by 50 points or whatever it was that it Klempton's third and fourth strings are better than we are.

Having this knowledge we agree it is not unethical for a Wake fan who is trying to feed his family to bet on Klempton and lay the 24 points and win easily when Klempton wins by around 82-24 like they did in 1981. This Klempton team is far better than that 1981 team and we are much worse. Everyone agrees that we can still cheer for our Deacons while helping the family by taking this easy money. Does everyone agree that 82-24 is the right score or is it more like 70-10? Everyone agrees that Klempton is better today than that 1981 team and obviously our 1981 team that won at Auburn (the Auburn team that beat Florida and LSU that year) was better than our current team so could it be more like 91-3?

You need to bet to feed your family?

I was at the 1981 game. The week of the game, Bill Faircloth told my Dad we would be lucky to keep them under 70. He was right. The 1981 defense was horrid. We have much better talent on D this year than we had in 1981. I will never return to Death Valley. Clem will score this year on us, but our offense needs to slow down if possible and eat some clock....

82-24. I was there too. FWIW, that was the most points that Clemson gave up that year.

WF TE Phil Denfield had a good game, including a TD. The next morning, on Danny Ford's weekly TV show recapping the game, the highlights included the Denfield TD, and Danny Ford said: "That Denfield is a good player; not sure why we didn't recruit him". That comment stuck with me: Ford thought that WF shouldn't even have one player that could contribute for Clemson. Hated that attitude. Thought about that when WF beat Clemson, breaking a long losing streak in 1992.

I was there as well. 82-24 sound about right. Worst Deacon game I've ever seen and I vowed to never return to Death Valley (I still haven't been back). I got up late in the second quarter to go to the bathroom and ran into some old friends from high school and spoke to them a few minutes. By the time I got back to my seat, Clemson had scored twice.

It's very dangerous of us to take Rice so lightly that we're looking forward to our next pounding by Clemson.

Everyone has agreed that my plan is NOT unethical.

I'm getting lots of PM's and texts and phone calls asking what effect Kelly Bryant transferring out of Klempton will have and what if Tarzan gets injured. If that happened Klemtpon would only win maybe 56-17 so you are still safe in laying the 54 to feed the family.

Their new backup Chase Brice is still a four star quarterback. If Tarzan and Brice got hurt then they would either go with the walk-on type player or the wing-t with the two or three 5 star tailbacks and then it becomes a 41-20 type game so a lot of things have to happen for Wake to have any chance to cover.

82-24. I was there too. FWIW, that was the most points that Clemson gave up that year.

WF TE Phil Denfield had a good game, including a TD. The next morning, on Danny Ford's weekly TV show recapping the game, the highlights included the Denfield TD, and Danny Ford said: "That Denfield is a good player; not sure why we didn't recruit him". That comment stuck with me: Ford thought that WF shouldn't even have one player that could contribute for Clemson. Hated that attitude. Thought about that when WF beat Clemson, breaking a long losing streak in 1992.

That 1992 win was awesome! It was on Halloween, my brother and I were sitting in the bleachers that they used to have on top of Deacon Hill. When we scored the winning touchdown there in that end zone, we went crazy- high fiving and hugging total strangers. It was made even better by the fact that Clemson fans were convinced that Dixon was out of bounds on the catch.

I think Kenny Duckett scored a couple of TDs, not Denfield - Denfield did kick the XPs and a FG.
I believe every Clemson played played in that game - a home game - except the punter.

I think Kenny Duckett scored a couple of TDs, not Denfield - Denfield did kick the XPs and a FG.
I believe every Clemson played played in that game - a home game - except the punter.

I know they said before they started limiting scholarships they said Bear Bryant would recruit players he knew probably wouldn’t get much playing time at Bama, but we’re good enough he didn’t want them playing at another SEC school. The big boys had an even bigger advantage back then.

Back