• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

RIP Clarence Clemons

i'm sure it will be a stretch for a tarheel to be an indignant blowhard

Who is this flea fella you guys are talking about?

Completely relative. A million people could like a band, but without a doubt there will be at least one person whose brain doesn't mesh with the sound and they won't like them.

Music is all about personal preference.

I've been negrepped multiple times because I never chose to listen to Bruce Springsteen(obviously because I didn't like his music), and as a result, I don't know who his band members were/are. It doesn't really make sense to me.

Someone didn't like this post either :laugh:

Flea's the guy on the back left, DUH. Didn't you remember his performance on the Simpsons. Pretty much EVERYONE watched the Flaming Moe episode.

simpsons+-+red+hot.jpg

SCLetterman4.jpg

From Eddie Vedder's performance on Letterman last night.

SCLetterman4.jpg

From Eddie Vedder's performance on Letterman last night.

Great pic.

What amuses me is that there are all these music professionals from Tom Morello to Lady Gaga to Eddie Vedder to Slash to U2 to the indie/hipster/streetcred folks who covered Nebraska (which is itself insane that an entire album was covered that didn't really even have any radio-hit songs) who stress the influence and relevance of the music, yet we've got the wizards and negrep pussy pseudo-men on this thread who claim that it is irrelevant and corny. Maybe if you're listening to Tunnel of Love on repeat, but not the substantive stuff. The music has been covered by everyone across the board from Natalie Cole to Rage Against the Machine to Wyclef to Pearl Jam to Sara Bareilles to Pete Yorn to Bouncing Souls to this board's fellate-du-jour, the Avett Brothers. Yet somehow it is irrelevant and corny. Phenomenal.

Pretty crazy how big/argumentative this thread got because of WhatUTalkinBoutWillis' comment "I had to Google Clarence Clemmons. And after reading results I have still never heard of him." that TW echoed, which was only done to instigate people, which obviously worked brilliantly. After all, there is no way in hell a poster with that username would not catch that Clemons guest starred on Diff'rent Strokes.

How about Michael Clarke Duncan to play the Big Man in the movie version of his life?

Not sure his story is compelling enough for a movie, but MCD would be a great call.

I love Nebraska, Johnny 99 and Reason to Believe off the Nebraska album.

I still like Greetings From Asbury Park, NJ. It's the essence of who they are.

Back