• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

RIP Clarence Clemons

Awful news. Guy was a legend and a great sax player. Saw Bruce and the E Street Band a few years back in Charlotte and they absolutely killed it. Glad I had the opportunity.

TWDeac is devastated by this news....it won't be the same Father's Day for him without his boy Clarence Clemons

My uncles facebook status: "This is a weird Father's Day so far! Woke and a read the news that Springsteen's saxophone player "The Big Man" Clarence Clemons had passed....their music, helped shape my life! Be thankful for the time, the friends, the family that we have...one never knows what the next day will bring."

my cousin's: "I don't care how gay this sounds...rip Clarence Clemons...your solo in jungleland was career defining..."

How would that be construed as gay?

From 2010:

There were bright spots with superstar acts like Bon Jovi, whose top-ranked tour raked in $108.2 million, and hot newcomers like Lady Gaga ($51 million) and Justin Bieber ($48 million). Smartly packaged tours such as James Taylor/Carole King ($50.7 million) did well, and country had eight acts among the top 30, led by the George Strait/Reba McEntire/Lee Ann Womack tour ($41.6 million).

Justin Bieber didn't even draw as much revenue as Social Security recipients James Taylor and Carole King.

it is readily apparent that some here have no concept of the visceral, palpably soulful offerings of music rooted in something other than auto-tuned and vapid pablum.

to each his/her own, of course. that said, i appreciate the likes of those who've endeavored to 'keep it real' (i know, compared to what?)...

pg2_e_clemons_b1_576.jpg

Back