• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

RIP Clarence Clemons

I'm 26 and definitely know who he is, but I can just never get into the music. I've listened to plenty of Bruce and E St stuff, but it's just never done anything for me. Especially when you watch them now they just seem cheesy as hell. And why do they need two people playing acoustic guitars along with Nils and Little Steven on electric + plus Bruce as well?

I'm 26 and definitely know who he is, but I can just never get into the music. I've listened to plenty of Bruce and E St stuff, but it's just never done anything for me. Especially when you watch them now they just seem cheesy as hell. And why do they need two people playing acoustic guitars along with Nils and Little Steven on electric + plus Bruce as well?

Wait, you mean there is some doubt about this being the best band ever in the whole history of the world?

This is one of those threads that reads like there one poster who thinks he is absolutely dominating in his own mind. His sarcasm, his jokes, his slams; all on point. He really thinks he is in the zone and everyone else just wants to say STOP.

This is one of those threads that reads like there one poster who thinks he is absolutely dominating in his own mind. His sarcasm, his jokes, his slams; all on point. He really thinks he is in the zone and everyone else just wants to say STOP.

Personally, I don't think there is anything wrong with someone making fun of obvious Bruce homers.

I'm 33. The youtubes posted on this thread confirm what I've always thought: that Bruce's music is cheesy, overrated, 80s barband, jerseymonkey schlock. Apparently, there is a huge sustainable market for that, though.

Bruce was a major star in the 70s.

It was argued that WFDD was the first radio station to play the Boss in NC.

So I guess I'm going to have to be an indignant blowhard when Flea dies in 15 years?

some ball-less twit anonymously neg-repped me for "condescending much"...well excuuuuuse me for looking at music from the last 35 years' perspective of having made at least half of my income from it...sometimes in places that would scare my pussy-assed negrepper to skidmark town...

you know, it really doesn't matter to me the type of music...as long as it's good (relative, i know...), and as i said, to each his own. for me, good starts with being 'real'. there are no click tracks in my studio...no auto tune...it's all about performances.

i get paid to know what good music is....and in several capacities. if my having stated a truth is condescending, then so be it...

at least osd like the flying v :)

some ball-less twit anonymously neg-repped me for "condescending much"...well excuuuuuse me for looking at music from the last 35 years' perspective of having made at least half of my income from it...sometimes in places that would scare my pussy-assed negrepper to skidmark town...

you know, it really doesn't matter to me the type of music...as long as it's good (relative, i know...), and as i said, to each his own. for me, good starts with being 'real'. there are no click tracks in my studio...no auto tune...it's all about performances.

i get paid to know what good music is....and in several capacities. if my having stated a truth is condescending, then so be it...

at least osd like the flying v :)

Completely relative. A million people could like a band, but without a doubt there will be at least one person whose brain doesn't mesh with the sound and they won't like them.

Music is all about personal preference.

I've been negrepped multiple times because I never chose to listen to Bruce Springsteen(obviously because I didn't like his music), and as a result, I don't know who his band members were/are. It doesn't really make sense to me.

The person I most respect in music says there are only two kinds of music:
good- the stuff you like
bad - the stuff you don't like

He says calling it rap or rock or anything else is a waste of time.

Mercury, Johnny Davis' old crew John Cadillac Band still has the same lead singer and same lead guitarist after 30+ years.

Completely relative. A million people could like a band, but without a doubt there will be at least one person whose brain doesn't mesh with the sound and they won't like them.

Music is all about personal preference.

I've been negrepped multiple times because I never chose to listen to Bruce Springsteen(obviously because I didn't like his music), and as a result, I don't know who his band members were/are. It doesn't really make sense to me.

and you know what TWD?... it's quite alright (with me, at least) that you just don't dig the boss. i don't like it enough myself to own much of it. but there's lots about it that i can appreciate. the musicianship for one, which means a great deal to me.

i don't get this pussified-anonymous-negreppin'-shit. got something to say, then own up...

i have never endeavored to hide behind the anonymity afforded by the internet in fora like these. it doesn't take long to find out who i am and what i do...

i even draw my own lines in the sand when it comes radio broadcast time. i love lynyrd skynyrd, but i won't play it on my blues radio show, and artimus pyle is a personal friend...they got their shot, let's give some of the other cats and kitties a few moments of 'broadcast glory'...

and if i, you, (or anyone else) should take exception to some music, and for whatever the (legitimate) reason, then we are entitled. i reckon i've already met enough assholes in the music business to last any several lifetimes. i don't relish having to deal with the specious and the inane here, too!

anyway, godspeed, all (even the pussy negrepper)...:cool:

The person I most respect in music says there are only two kinds of music:
good- the stuff you like
bad - the stuff you don't like

He says calling it rap or rock or anything else is a waste of time.

Mercury, Johnny Davis' old crew John Cadillac Band still has the same lead singer and same lead guitarist after 30+ years.

yeah, ain't that the truth :)

labels for music don't work so well all the time. some artists just don't fit into one category. and i can just about promise you that whatever genre-label that befalls them, they didn't really give that to themselves (in lots of cases). e.g. i did an album here for a blues-rock group, WSNB, that raced first up the xm radio alt-country chart, took a break, and then came roaring back up their blues chart. that first run mystified all of us that were involved, but it was cool, because it reached another not-previously-anticipated audience.

you have to admire anybody that sticks with any form of professional music-making for that long. it ain't easy, and sometimes it's far from pretty!

and you know what TWD?... it's quite alright (with me, at least) that you just don't dig the boss. i don't like it enough myself to own much of it. but there's lots about it that i can appreciate. the musicianship for one, which means a great deal to me.

i don't get this pussified-anonymous-negreppin'-shit. got something to say, then own up...

i have never endeavored to hide behind the anonymity afforded by the internet in fora like these. it doesn't take long to find out who i am and what i do...

i even draw my own lines in the sand when it comes radio broadcast time. i love lynyrd skynyrd, but i won't play it on my blues radio show, and artimus pyle is a personal friend...they got their shot, let's give some of the other cats and kitties a few moments of 'broadcast glory'...

and if i, you, (or anyone else) should take exception to some music, and for whatever the (legitimate) reason, then we are entitled. i reckon i've already met enough assholes in the music business to last any several lifetimes. i don't relish having to deal with the specious and the inane here, too!

anyway, godspeed, all (even the pussy negrepper)...:cool:

mercurydime,

Your shirt is ass-ugly.

Signed,

NegRepPussy

Back