• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

RIP Riley LaRue

Based on the conflicting reports, the lack of reports from Richmond, and all the stuff on social media, it doesn't appear anyone immediately was or is 100% sure of what did or didn't happen here or that anyone ever will know. That's not untypical in wrecks like this. Speculation isn't healthy for this revered family. Let's let them decide what information to release on their timeline if and when they find out. It probably is best to delete these posts and just support this family at this point.

Prayers for and condolences to the LaRue family. God bless you in this time of tragedy.

My condolences to the family. I have 4 children in that age range and cannot imagine the heartache they are going through. Also thanks LK.

Thanks LK. Would have been nice if the poster himself had removed the baseless speculation but that's too much to ask I guess.

Sounds like he may not have been wearing a seat-belt based on the article. Just makes me want to break stuff. What a tragedy .

Thank-you for removing the post.

This family is hurting. No need to add another level of pain to what they're already experiencing.

No parent should ever have to bury their child.

Thank-you for removing the post.

This family is hurting. No need to add another level of pain to what they're already experiencing.

No parent should ever have to bury their child.

Well said. Thankful to see that post removed.

FWIW I haven't been on the boards since making that post and am just now getting around to the PMs that were sent. At the time I found the news I received relevant to the thread and that's why I shared it. My brother played two years of collegiate basketball and was very well connected with the larue family through basketball and mutual friends so I had no reason to doubt what he said. I understand that the timing of the post was not ideal. My apologizes to anyone I offended or found the post distasteful.

I think it was also the way you stated it which rubbed people the wrong way "I don't want to spread rumors but *immediately spreads rumor.*"

Back