• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

RJ's political-1947 NYC vaccinated 6M in <1 month -Lin Wood says he's 2nd coming

In the arena of Trump's brilliant plans, his team sent hundreds of people to the counting facility in Detroit. After being stopped from breaking and entering the facility, they start scream "Stop the Count". When they did this, Trump was down over 50,000 votes.

You can't make the best shit up!!!

In 2022, there will be 12 Dems up, 21 Rs and one (GA) that is unsure.

Of the 12 Dems, the only ones that are vaguely in trouble are Hassan (NH) and Masto (NV). I think Masto is becoming much stronger.

I'm hoping Katie Porter will replace Kamala Harris.

Of the 21 Rs that are up, the following could be trouble: Johnson (WI), Rubio (FL).

Who knows about Rand Paul as no one likes him. Plus Paul has been the strongest proponent for term limits and has "promised" he would live by this.

Burr's (R) seat will be open. How about CP3 replacing him? :)

Toomey (R) is also retiring. PA Lt. Gov. (D) John Fetterman will be a strong candidate to replace Toomey.

Grassley will be almost 80 at the election time.

I wonder what will happen in the GA runoffs. Usually, runoffs have very low turnout. If Stacey Abrams can bring out a large enough turnout to win both, she may become the most powerful Dem outside the WH. Could she end up replacing the incompetent Tom Perez as DNC Chair? WH Chief of Staff?

I wonder what will happen in the GA runoffs. Usually, runoffs have very low turnout. If Stacey Abrams can bring out a large enough turnout to win both, she may become the most powerful Dem outside the WH. Could she end up replacing the incompetent Tom Perez as DNC Chair? WH Chief of Staff?

She could do any of those. However, IMHO, she makes another run for Georgia governor. She needs a win in a major race to springboard her into serious contention for president in the near future.

Yep, it could be a battle between Abrams and Harris for POTUS in 2024.

Abrams has to win a bigger office before having any chance at POTUS. She would be a good choice for DNC chair. I actually think she would've had a better chance at the senate this cycle, but I understand her not wanting to lose twice and having that on her record. Her problem is similar to several impressive democrats in Republican states (Beto, Pete, Jamie Harrison). Its very hard to win state wide or in certain districts in their home states.

Abrams has to win a bigger office before having any chance at POTUS. She would be a good choice for DNC chair. I actually think she would've had a better chance at the senate this cycle, but I understand her not wanting to lose twice and having that on her record. Her problem is similar to several impressive democrats in Republican states (Beto, Pete, Jamie Harrison). Its very hard to win state wide or in certain districts in their home states.

That wasn't it - she really didn't want to be a senator. What she wants is the Governor's mansion in 2022.

Along the theme of pulling it through, I got an email from a HS buddy last night. He brought up someone we went to HS with about getting together. Then, I looked up another friend on Facebook and saw a bunch more under her page. One was a guy on our bball team and had gone to Cornell. He became a worldwide super model, banged his was around the world and through most of A List models for about thirty years and a wrote a book about it. That was a lot more fun book than mine.

That was one of the last things I would have thought about him. Weird and wild.

Biden's people were asked about the transition and said the federal government was "quite capable of evicting trespassers".

BOOM!!!!

The democrat in the special election, Raphael Warnock, will likely lose in the runoff. Warnock got 33% of the vote, but the next two were the republican incumbent, Loeffler 26%, and republican challenger Doug Collins with 20%. Assuming Collins voters vote for Loeffler, that puts her at 46%. Of the bazillion or so other candidates who were on the ballot, few got more than 1% of the vote, but a handful of those were also pubs.

It will be an uphill climb for Warnock.

Also, I think Perdue will win as well. While GA is clearly changing, history shows that libertarian voters here vote republican in runoffs.

Runoffs usually get 20-30% of the participation. This one will be different. Neither Loeffler nor Perdue will have Trump's apron strings to cling to in January and the Dems will destroy Perdue on his profiteering off the pandemic. Add to that, Abrams will be bringing out the vote in a huge way.

In a weird way, many big money, Wall Street Republicans may want the Dems to win due to Mitch's refusal to do anything for the pandemic over the past six months.

Runoffs usually get 20-30% of the participation. This one will be different. Neither Loeffler nor Perdue will have Trump's apron strings to cling to in January and the Dems will destroy Perdue on his profiteering off the pandemic. Add to that, Abrams will be bringing out the vote in a huge way.

In a weird way, many big money, Wall Street Republicans may want the Dems to win due to Mitch's refusal to do anything for the pandemic over the past six months.

Jon Ossoff has spent the last eight months "destroying" Perdue for his profiteering off the pandemic. It was the theme of virtually every ad he's run since March. And Stacey Abrams spent the last eight months "bringing out the vote in a huge way". She has been highly visible here during the entire election. All of which landed Ossoff two points behind Perdue in a race that included a libertarian candidate. More Georgians voted in this election than ever before and Perdue still came out ahead.

I hope you're right. Perdue is an empty suit. But I can't see it happening.

Hold your head up high, RJ... you are a true trailblazer as your "Uncle Thomas" club is clearly gaining in popularity.

Back