• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Road RAGE!!!!!!

I have expressed road rage in the following way or ways

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mebanedeac

Reaction score
Yesterday I witnessed a potentially explosive episode of road rage. It caused me to wonder how often it occurs and whether any of the highly sophisticated folk on this board might have themselves expressed rage at some reckless or erratic driver?

If you dare be so honest mark your own expressions of rage on the roads:

Last edited:
I once saw a couple guys pulled to the side of I40 in W-S slugging each other. Sure that wasn't someone here?

Once called the Highway Patrol regarding a drunk driver.

I once saw a couple guys pulled to the side of I40 in W-S slugging each other. Sure that wasn't someone here?

Once called the Highway Patrol regarding a drunk driver.
Yeah, I've definitely called Highway Patrol a time or two but it wasn't out of road rage.

I mainly just talk crap about stupid drivers inside my car. No intention of them hearing me but it helps to release the stress caused by dumb drivers. Also kinda related, I find using the "You Park Like an Asshole" handouts helps passive aggressively release the stress that large parking lots cause everyone.

Once in morning rush on 40, the car right behind me stopped suddenly in the road, got out of his car and was yelling and gesturing to vehicles behind him. I saw this in the rear view mirror. Surprised he didn't get killed for pulling that, by starting a massive pile-up. Wish I knew what had set him off.

Sorry for all the misspelling in polls. Posted it too quickly. Should be:

"showed"
"brakes"

My favorite way to demonstrate road rage is to get in front of a douchefuck that cuts me off, and box them in for a solid few miles. I did that on the Jersey Turnpike for about a half hour once; it was a two-lane stretch with a 16 wheeler to my right. This fucker had cut me off literally three different times... Like, they did it and then got in the other lane, slowed down, and did it again five minutes later. The third time, I finally said fuck it and decided to screw with them. The truck driver realized what I was doing about 5 minutes in, and they slowed down too. It was fun. When the guy finally got to pass me at the end of the turnpike, he flipped me off a bunch and sped off.

How did you pull that off without pissing off a lot of other drivers too?

I honk if they're doing something that makes me feel like they don't know I'm there (drifting, etc).
i'll tap the brakes if someone's a little too close, and if some douchenozzle tries to run down the side of a merge lane and merge at the last second (like on the highway, when we've had plenty of warning and there's all kinds of backup) i will NOT let them in.
i don't flip people off, but i yell and throw my hands up if it's something particularly egregious so if they were to look at me, they could see i was upset. I do have a tendency to talk about other drivers in my car, but not anything they can see/hear.
I've also maybe blocked someone from passing before, resulting in them flipping me off when they finally passed and sped off. i can only hope they got a ticket later on.

One thing I do after passing a slow left lane driver is wash my windshield, so the spray causes them to have to wash their windshield.

I mainly just talk crap about stupid drivers inside my car. No intention of them hearing me but it helps to release the stress caused by dumb drivers. Also kinda related, I find using the "You Park Like an Asshole" handouts helps passive aggressively release the stress that large parking lots cause everyone.

I'm the same way. I yell inside my car. I've always thought it would be funny to put a recording device in my car and play back like a weeks worth of commutes. I'll also put my brights on behind someone if they are really pissing me off. The other day I almost got out of my car to yell at someone. We were at a stop sign I was turning left and she wanted to turn right. For people near atlanta I was trying to turn onto west paces ferry during rush hour which is basically impossible. There were zero opportunities to pull out for like 5 minutes and she kept honking her horn at me. I've never considered getting out of my car before but I was going to if she honked one more time and then someone stopped to let me turn.

Also do you guys flash your high beams when you want to pass. Up north if you want to pass you flash but down south nobody seems to flash and instead they just ride your ass. A friend of mine told me its rude to flash. What do you think?

Also do you guys flash your high beams when you want to pass. Up north if you want to pass you flash but down south nobody seems to flash and instead they just ride your ass. A friend of mine told me its rude to flash. What do you think?

I flash

I do both. Maybe because I've lived down south and up north. I generally will get close enough to make my intentions known to the slow left lane driver. If that doesn't work then the flash comes out.

Yesterday coming through Charleston, WVa. at point where interstates merge, a guy came rushing up on my bumper (which really ticks me off). I was not in the passing lane and was trying not to go too much beyond the speed limit since it was downtown. I tapped my brakes which evoked a gesture from him and put me in a momentary rage. Well the guy whipped around me and pulled the same tail-gating stuff on some good ole' boys in a pick-up. This guy hit his brakes repeatedly which really ticked off the wild driver. So, he whipped around the truck and slammed on his brakes in front of the truck...I think he actually stopped in front of the truck. They were in the passing lane of Interstate 64/77 and traffic was heavy. Actually I was kinda' hoping the guys in the truck had a shot gun. I fully expected to see something violent. But the idiot in the car then sped off and the truck let him go.

It was some wild stuff. And, being WVa. you never know what you might see.

What pisses me off is when I'm in the left hand lane going 10 to 15 above the speed limit with several cars in front of me. Then some dumb ass gets on my ass and begins flashing lights expecting me to pull over to the slower lane. It will accomplish nothing on his part and there I no way I'm going to get over just to make him happy. (I can be very stubborn)

What pisses me off is when I'm in the left hand lane going 10 to 15 above the speed limit with several cars in front of me. Then some dumb ass gets on my ass and begins flashing lights expecting me to pull over to the slower lane. It will accomplish nothing on his part and there I no way I'm going to get over just to make him happy. (I can be very stubborn)

yep, that's me, too. don't ride my ass if there are clearly cars in front of me and we're all cruising 10-15 over.

What about folk who travel in the passing lane doing the limit or below, and refuse to move--even if cars are backed up behind them?!

yep, that's me, too. don't ride my ass if there are clearly cars in front of me and we're all cruising 10-15 over.

Agreed. Must identify the problem driver before lights and tailgating ensue.

Back