• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Road RAGE!!!!!!

I have expressed road rage in the following way or ways

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
What about folk who travel in the passing lane doing the limit or below, and refuse to move--even if cars are backed up behind them?!

that's when i start yelling in my car at them (with no intent of them hearing me). i usually call them lots of names, make scathingly sarcastic remarks about their driving prowess (or lack thereof), and eventually pass on the right (sue me) while giving them a slow death stare as i go by.

I was stopped at a light in Wilmington a few years ago when this big scary looking dude got out of his car, walked around to the driver's side window of the car in the next lane and started screaming at the driver and banging on the glass. I really thought he was about to pull out a gun...kind of scary.

I've had two incidents that resulted in pulling over to exchange pleasantries but I will exercise my fifth amendment rights concerning the details. As I've gotten older and had kids I've chilled out considerably.

Calling the Highway Patrol is weak. They should be busy catching drunk drivers and drug traffickers, and not listening to whiny ass drivers.

Only time I called 911 on someone was around 3 AM when someone was going the wrong way on I-40.

How did you pull that off without pissing off a lot of other drivers too?

Roads weren't busy for some reason. There were probably 2-3 other cars behind us, but it's not like I caused a traffic jam or anything. We were probably going around 45 to 50. Truck driver guy noticed we were Sox fans and held up a baseball cap in the window when he slowed down with us. He was pretty cool.

Come to think of it, it may have been on the 295 stretch between Baltimore and Wash. I think it was the Turnpike, though. We were on our way down to a Sox/Nats game in DC.

getting passed by someone to the right of you is embarrassing, particularly when you are in the leftmost lane.

One thing I do after passing a slow left lane driver is wash my windshield, so the spray causes them to have to wash their windshield.

In high school my sister had an old Jeep Cherokee with a rear window wiper motor that had burned out so it wouldn't wipe. We broke off the wiper itself and aimed the washer nozzle straight back so that it would shoot the car behind it when you pressed the button. We then filled the liquid resevoir with lemon/lime gatorade so that it looked like it was taking a piss on the car behind it whenever they got too close or stopped at a light. People would freak the hell out whenever they got shot with it, especially if they were riding in a Benz or something similar.

Calling the Highway Patrol is weak. They should be busy catching drunk drivers and drug traffickers, and not listening to whiny ass drivers.

Only time I called 911 on someone was around 3 AM when someone was going the wrong way on I-40.

I only pretty much call them for those that I think are DUIs or are asleep at the wheel. I've called about 4 times on drivers.

yep, that's me, too. don't ride my ass if there are clearly cars in front of me and we're all cruising 10-15 over.

Ehh, if there is room on the right you should still get over, let the guy who is going to abuse the person up front causing the issue get up there and get to it.

Ehh, if there is room on the right you should still get over, let the guy who is going to abuse the person up front causing the issue get up there and get to it.

Exactly. If you aren't actively passing cars, get to the right.

Oh, I do if it's empty over there- but this is most often not the case. It's usually pretty steady traffic in the right lanes as well, but only going 5ish over and spaced out just enough that I'd basically be getting over and immediately hitting the brakes to not be up someone's ass. I'm pretty unwilling to get over if it makes me come off cruise control and ultimately gets the other driver nowhere. Granted, if they ride my ass too closely for long enough I'll probably get over just to give them the 10' advantage of being in front of me, but it's not my immediate move if there's traffic to the right.

Oh, I do if it's empty over there- but this is most often not the case. It's usually pretty steady traffic in the right lanes as well, but only going 5ish over and spaced out just enough that I'd basically be getting over and immediately hitting the brakes to not be up someone's ass. I'm pretty unwilling to get over if it makes me come off cruise control and ultimately gets the other driver nowhere. Granted, if they ride my ass too closely for long enough I'll probably get over just to give them the 10' advantage of being in front of me, but it's not my immediate move if there's traffic to the right.

Cruise control should be outlawed in the left lane.

Until all of the users of interstates get on board with that statement, I'm using it.

Until all of the users of interstates get on board with that statement, I'm using it.

I am having trouble visualizing a situation in which cruise control would be useful on a road so crowded you can't move over.

I am having trouble visualizing a situation in which cruise control would be useful on a road so crowded you can't move over.

one in which traffic is heavy, but moving, and where the left lane is moving faster than all the other lanes? this isn't an uncommon occurrence.

Back