• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Road RAGE!!!!!!

I have expressed road rage in the following way or ways

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Also do you guys flash your high beams when you want to pass. Up north if you want to pass you flash but down south nobody seems to flash and instead they just ride your ass. A friend of mine told me its rude to flash. What do you think?

Someone flashes me triggers an instant slowdown on my part. Obnoxious. And I don't think it's a north/south thing to find it obnoxious.

What pisses me off to no end is when there is a turn lane (it can be on the left or right side) and traffic backs up out of that turn lane and blocks the regular lane. Then you drive past that turn lane and see that every one of the assclowns making a turn has a good 15-20 feet between them and the next car. WHAT THE FUCK!? INCONSIDERATE FUCKFACED ASSHOLES! Fucking pisses me off. Pricks.

Corollary to this is: if you're stopped at a light with lots of traffic, when it turns green, stay close to the ass end of the guy in front of you until you're through the intersection. Nothing worse than missing a light because the fuckstick in front of you needed to have 3-4 car lengths before he would stop on the gas.

And on airplanes.

Agree with Toogs that lbe's using cruise control in the left lane with steady traffic makes no sense.

? why? it's the exact situation RTQ describes above, which makes perfect sense.

? why? it's the exact situation RTQ describes above, which makes perfect sense.

Just don't see RTQ's situation being that realistic: everybody in right lane doing 60 and everyone in left doing 75. It would be great if it was that way. Somebody is going to be going 72 or 78 in the left lane, either causing you to break/stop using cruise or there is probably plenty of space in front of you.

I was referring to your 1st post and not your 2nd post that indicated you stay in the middle or right most of the time and pass on left when necessary. If you are hopping over to the left lane to pass someone going 71 and you get back over to the middle, no one should be riding your ass.

Someone flashes me triggers an instant slowdown on my part. Obnoxious. And I don't think it's a north/south thing to find it obnoxious.

Depends. If you are obviously holding up traffic, it's warranted after a certain period of time. If it's just somebody hauling ass up to your rear and flashing his lights, then yeah, fuck off

----------
Tapatalk.

Just don't see RTQ's situation being that realistic: everybody in right lane doing 60 and everyone in left doing 75. It would be great if it was that way. Somebody is going to be going 72 or 78 in the left lane, either causing you to break/stop using cruise or there is probably plenty of space in front of you.

I was referring to your 1st post and not your 2nd post that indicated you stay in the middle or right most of the time and pass on left when necessary. If you are hopping over to the left lane to pass someone going 71 and you get back over to the middle, no one should be riding your ass.

again, don't know where you're from but it's not at all uncommon on 40.

as to the middle lane riding, that's not where the ass-riding is an issue. it's in the 75 left lane 60 right lane situation.

You realize that example has no one driving between 60-75 mph and everyone driving the exact same speed in the left lane? I'll take your word that is common on 40 now.

Yeah, I meant no one should be riding your ass if you are just using the left lane to pass and immediately getting back to the middle or right lane.

Have always lived in NC and in Charlotte the last 18 years.

I think our definitions of steady traffic are much different. No way you can drive on the interstate in Charlotte, switch lanes and pass people while keeping your cruise on, unless you are driving at night. Wasn't criticizing anything about the way you drive btw.

I like to fake a lane change right as the car is coming along side me by running my hands over the wheel but not actually turning.

When someone is unreasonably up my ass I will slow down well below the speed limit or make a motion out the window like I am throwing change up in the air for them to drive in to.

You realize that example has no one driving between 60-75 mph and everyone driving the exact same speed in the left lane? I'll take your word that is common on 40 now.

Yeah, I meant no one should be riding your ass if you are just using the left lane to pass and immediately getting back to the middle or right lane.

Have always lived in NC and in Charlotte the last 18 years.

I think our definitions of steady traffic are much different. No way you can drive on the interstate in Charlotte, switch lanes and pass people while keeping your cruise on, unless you are driving at night. Wasn't criticizing anything about the way you drive btw.

As someone who does the 85 or 77 drive in Charlotte weekly and the i40 from Raleigh to winston, the type of driving conditions are completely different.

If you're driving slower than 80 mph in the left lane you totally suck. She. I'm stuck behind some douche in the left lane and a car comes speeding up behind me and tries to pass me on the right I never let them cut in front of me. They ACC wait for the slow douche to get out of the way jus like me. Odds are I want to go faster than them anyway.

If you're driving slower than 80 mph in the left lane you totally suck. She. I'm stuck behind some douche in the left lane and a car comes speeding up behind me and tries to pass me on the right I never let them cut in front of me. They ACC wait for the slow douche to get out of the way jus like me. Odds are I want to go faster than them anyway.

Quit meth before you are completely incoherent.

Back