• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Road RAGE!!!!!!

I have expressed road rage in the following way or ways

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Oh, I do if it's empty over there- but this is most often not the case. It's usually pretty steady traffic in the right lanes as well, but only going 5ish over and spaced out just enough that I'd basically be getting over and immediately hitting the brakes to not be up someone's ass. I'm pretty unwilling to get over if it makes me come off cruise control and ultimately gets the other driver nowhere. Granted, if they ride my ass too closely for long enough I'll probably get over just to give them the 10' advantage of being in front of me, but it's not my immediate move if there's traffic to the right.

yeah, i'm not moving into the right lane, thus having to slow down, just so the douchebag going 25 over can pass me.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

So everyone is on cruise control on the same speed in the left lane? That sounds horrible.

yeah, i'm not moving into the right lane, thus having to slow down, just so the douchebag going 25 over can pass me.

This is everything that is wrong with highway driving in this country in a nice concise nutshell.

So everyone is on cruise control on the same speed in the left lane? That sounds horrible.

where do you drive that you've never experienced this? pretty much sums up the entire drive from raleigh to winston on 40.

for the record, i stay in the middle or right lane at 9 over most of the time, and pass on the left when necessary... unless the left lane is moving faster and there are enough cars for me to just mix in with them and be 'moving with traffic'.

This is everything that is wrong with highway driving in this country in a nice concise nutshell.

The fucks I give about ultragressive drivers are minimal to non-existant. On a busy interstate im not riding asses in the right lane to placate assholes in the left lane.

where do you drive that you've never experienced this? pretty much sums up the entire drive from raleigh to winston on 40.

for the record, i stay in the middle or right lane at 9 over most of the time, and pass on the left when necessary... unless the left lane is moving faster and there are enough cars for me to just mix in with them and be 'moving with traffic'.

I do that exact drive several times a month and wish i had cruise control. At the times I go it is open highway and I catch myself going much faster than i should.

I don't think it's common at all to left lane cruise control. And yes, the left lane is a mess in most of the nation, although it's better west of the Mississippi. Basically you are saying "everyone is doing it so I will keep doing it" which makes the problem self perpetuating. Sad

The fucks I give about ultragressive drivers are minimal to non-existant. On a busy interstate im not riding asses in the right lane to placate assholes in the left lane.

Speeding and ultra-aggressive are not the same thing.

yeah... if the speed limit is 65 and I'm going 75 in the left lane with a bunch of other drivers also going 75, while the right is full of old people and trucks going 55-60, I'm not going to slow down excessively to get into that right lane to let someone by who wants to go 80. I'll get to the right at my earliest convenience, not when it's going to get me stuck over there.

Speeding and ultra-aggressive are not the same thing.

If you're driving at a speed at which people would expect cops to be chasing you, and you dont slow down until you're an arms reach from a back bumper, you're an ultra agressive driver.

The rule is slower traffic keep right, now slow traffic keep right. It's relative. Getting passed by someone on your right should be an embarrassment for any American.

What about folk who travel in the passing lane doing the limit or below, and refuse to move--even if cars are backed up behind them?!
I speed up and cut them off at the first available opportunity. Then, I slow down and pump my brakes while pointing to the right hand lane. When they switch, I speed off.

I speed up and cut them off at the first available opportunity. Then, I slow down and pump my brakes while pointing to the right hand lane. When they switch, I speed off.

And long honk on the way by

One of my favorite things I have ever seen was a guy holding up traffic in the far left lane (we are talking 10 mph slower than the other two lanes). A trooper pulled in behind him, lit him up, walked him over to the far right lane, turned his lights off and sped off. I really wanted to buy that trooper a beer.

One of my favorite things I have ever seen was a guy holding up traffic in the far left lane (we are talking 10 mph slower than the other two lanes). A trooper pulled in behind him, lit him up, walked him over to the far right lane, turned his lights off and sped off. I really wanted to buy that trooper a beer.

That's great!

I actually knew someone who was ticketed for driving too slow on I81 through Va.

BTW, as I was leaving Mebane on Wed. morning, 7 cars were pulled within a mile of my exit. I don't think I have ever seen that: 7!

And on airplanes.

Agree with Toogs that lbe's using cruise control in the left lane with steady traffic makes no sense.

yeah... if the speed limit is 65 and I'm going 75 in the left lane with a bunch of other drivers also going 75, while the right is full of old people and trucks going 55-60, I'm not going to slow down excessively to get into that right lane to let someone by who wants to go 80. I'll get to the right at my earliest convenience, not when it's going to get me stuck over there.

This is correct.

What pisses me off to no end is when there is a turn lane (it can be on the left or right side) and traffic backs up out of that turn lane and blocks the regular lane. Then you drive past that turn lane and see that every one of the assclowns making a turn has a good 15-20 feet between them and the next car. WHAT THE FUCK!? INCONSIDERATE FUCKFACED ASSHOLES! Fucking pisses me off. Pricks.

Some terrible tourist in Chicago once laid on the horn at me when I wasn't turning on a red that they (wrongfully) thought I could turn at. I was already having a shitty day, so I shot them a double bird for a good 10 seconds. They had a couple 5 year olds in the back seat.

Back