• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (SPOILERS)

I'd have done the first few scenes with Tarkin talking to Krennic via hologram saying don't fuck it up or I'm coming over. Then when he takes over the Death Star, just show him from the back.

Agree. There is a lot of precedent in the Star Wars movies for people communicating by hologram.

Add my wife to the list of people that didn't realize it was CGI though.

people who didn't realize he was CGI are either visually impaired or weren't paying attention to the movie. in fact, if you can't differentiate between Cartoon Tarkin and a real human being, you have a problem with pattern recognition.

we should use this movie to screen our military/government jobs in case the aliens show up and try to blend in with fake-human suits

I'd have done the first few scenes with Tarkin talking to Krennic via hologram saying don't fuck it up or I'm coming over. Then when he takes over the Death Star, just show him from the back.

Usually when you stab a guy in the back, you don't have your own back turned.

OMG!! How dare a Star Wars movie use cutting edge technology to tell an authentic story!

Interview with Rogue One editors about the reshoots at Yahoo! UK.

Usually when you stab a guy in the back, you don't have your own back turned.

yeah but it's also a big power move to relieve someone of command without even facing them. just brush them off, get outta here I'm busy cleaning up your shit.

did obi wan know he wasn't killing anakin when he left or did he have an oh fak moment later in life when he found out he was still alive

I'd have to watch Ep III to figure this out and I don't think I want to do that.

I'm thinking when they do the vader and obi wan spin offs they'll probably clarify this part

Textual evidence is unclear! I don't think it went down quite like the apocryphal "prequels" want us to think that it did.

VADER
I've been waiting for you, Obi-Wan.
We meet again, at last. The circle
is now complete.

Ben Kenobi moves with elegant ease into a classical offensive
position. The fearsome Dark Knight takes a defensive stance.

VADER
When I left you, I was but the
learner; now I am the master.

BEN
Only a master of evil, Darth.

Man, I hope Disney redoes the prequel trilogy. If they can redo Beauty and the Beast, surely they can redo the freakin' prequel trilogy.

Man, I hope Disney redoes the prequel trilogy. If they can redo Beauty and the Beast, surely they can redo the freakin' prequel trilogy.

Yes I want this. Get a real actor to play anakin amirite.

Wonder if Lucas has a clause they can't remake whatever made

I doubt Disney would sign an agreement to not remake something. Remaking is kinda their thing.

I went with my wife, who's a big film buff but not necessarily a giant Star Wars fan and after the movie I asked her about the CGI for Tarkin and she was surprised to find out that was the case. She had no idea, even while watching. I really think the only way you could notice he was CGI was if you went in looking for it.

This baffles me. I noticed it right away/got really distracted by it and I had no idea going in it was happening.

I've talked to three different people about the movie and all three of them did not recognize that CGI was used for Tarkin. They all did notice with Princess Leia though.

Back