• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (SPOILERS)

First Star Wars thread I saw so putting it here:

lol. I assume the CGI would look a bit better if they opted to keep it in, but glad they took it out. Doesn't really serve any purpose other than demonstrating that wookies can indeed rip your arm off.

My wife and I just went to see this today and I have an alternate theory about blowing up the imperial archives. Tarkin clearly wanted the Death Star and didn't want Krennic around to take credit. I saw Tarkin as wanting to blow up the base because

a) the rebels wanted something from it
b) Krennic was on it

Also, the blind guy was Donnie Yen, one of my favorite martial artists. I geeked out when I saw him on screen and told my wife to expect some badassery coming up even though he's blind.

What is that theory an alternative to? I think everybody agrees with 1 and thinks 2 was a nice perk.

Something to hold us over until the Blu-ray and Netflix.

God, James Earl Jones' voice sounds so weak. It's sad. But Vader is awesome there.

That bootlegger sucks. I would be pissed if I had paid $5 and got that angle. Then again I suppose bootleg DVDs are a thing of the past now.

It's amazing that video's been up 3 days. Are Disney lawyers all on a corporate retreat right now?

0w5UAMX.gif

Watching that makes me *almost* forget what a fucking travesty the prequels were. Fuck you Hayden Christensen

God, James Earl Jones' voice sounds so weak. It's sad. But Vader is awesome there.

Just saw he's doing Mufasa in the "live action" Lion King film.

I guess Lupita Nyong'o will be Nala to round out obvious Disney casting.

16830756_1426910780693852_1122747578876668254_n.jpg

ETA Names; link

http://www.vulture.com/2017/02/alde...-wars-han-solo-photo.html?mid=twitter_vulture

Today, Disney released a first look at what Donald Glover is doing instead of working on Atlanta’s second season. Yes, here is the first photo of the new Star Wars Han Solo movie’s cast, including Alden Ehrenreich, Donald Glover, Emilia Clarke, Woody Harrelson, Phoebe Waller-Bridge, Chewbacca, and directors Phil Lord and Christopher Miller.

Woody Harrelson, who’s playing Han Solo’s mentor: Could Harrelson be playing Solo’s Fagin-like adoptive father Garris Shrike, as many have speculated? Possibly, but let’s focus on the fact that he’s wearing a hoodie in this photo. Hoodie rhymes with Woody, which rhymes with … ? It’s obvious! Woody’s playing a Wookiee.

Director Christopher Miller in one of the Millennium Falcon’s pilot seats. In the films, Han sits to the audience’s right, while Chewie is to the left. Is Disney sending a message about Lord and Miller’s working dynamic? Also, where do I get that jacket? It looks nice.

Phoebe Waller-Bridge, who’s playing some sort of CGI character: Rumors abound about the sort of character Waller-Bridge might play in the Star Wars universe — possibly even the franchise’s first major female droid. Of course, we won’t see her face onscreen, but let’s examine that Fleabag shade of lipstick. Fleabag’s on Amazon Prime. Amazons were legendary female warriors. Waller-Bridge’s character is going to be a female battle droid. Confirmed!

Alden Ehrenreich doing his best to make his perfectly symmetrical face look as interesting as Harrison Ford’s. Notice how long his hair is. Yeah, it’s true — you’re going to be distracted by it for the whole movie. (Unless this is a ruse and Ehrenreich’s gone all The Americans on us with a wig.)

Mother of Dragons Emilia Clarke, who’s playing an unknown character. Notice how her hand hovers just above Alden’s, in a gesture, perhaps, of intimacy? Clearly, Clarke is playing a Sarlacc.

Joonas Suotamo as Chewbacca: [grunting noises]

Director Phil Lord, giving us major Seth Cohen vibes: California, Californiaa …… Sorry, what was this post about?

Donald Glover, who’s playing Lando Calrissian: Okay this is a pretty great look, but dude, where is your coat?

Thandie Newton, not pictured: Newton is also in the cast of the Han Solo movie in an unspecified role. The fact that she does not appear in this photo implies she just wasn’t around that day (probably) or they’re keeping everything about her character very, very secret, because she hinges on a big, dramatic twist and that big, dramatic twist is that Westworld is in the Star Wars universe!

Last edited:
Back