• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Role of the Media

I know you believe the bolded statement, but it just isn't true. Even in your explanation you admit that it is happening, you just like to claim that it is only happening in the conservative outlets. You contradict your own statement. Fox News is a machine. The left machine is far more vast and it has been playing to the left side of the country for years (which is why Fox News exists in the first place...there was a void). If you are going to be in the truth business, then you need to be in it. You can't decide to jump in and out when it is convenient for your ratings. I am not making the claim that Trump is being treated unfairly. He most likely is, but they were not fair to Obama in that they didn't call out the BS enough, and often were complicit in the BS. That is what center right and beyond America sees, and it is why Trump has way more leverage to spout insanity than he should. Center right America doesn't trust what is being reported to them, and it is hard to blame them.

Who is "The Media?"

Wrangor's pretty spot on and those on the left seemingly have a huge blind spot to just how biased their own coverage is

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There isn't a conservative media agenda that is pushed and crosses the boundaries of different conservative news organizations? You serious Clark? Its amazing that they all seem to get their talking points to match each other whenever a crisis hits. What a coincidence.

Maybe independent media sources can come to th same conclusion when they are responding to batshit insanity?

Wrangor's pretty spot on and those on the left seemingly have a huge blind spot to just how biased their own coverage is

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What was the quote about Plama again? Isn't "wrong about everything" part of it?

I'd be interested in seeing discrete instances of this media liberal bias. Is it in the selection of what to cover? Is it in the way stories are covered, unfairly to the right? Is it that they are making stories up that are just not true? I'd love to see a sampling of what someone claims is the media showing a liberal bias, I think that could provide some fruitful discussion and help show where both sides are coming from.

I'd be interested in seeing discrete instances of this media liberal bias. Is it in the selection of what to cover? Is it in the way stories are covered, unfairly to the right? Is it that they are making stories up that are just not true? I'd love to see a sampling of what someone claims is the media showing a liberal bias, I think that could provide some fruitful discussion and help show where both sides are coming from.

How about just Google "Andrew Pudzer domestic violence"

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/01/womens-groups-fret-puzder-nomination-233449

Instead of the headline of "Ex-wife of Labor nominee leveled abuse claims on 'Oprah'" or sticking the first mentioning of a denial in the 3rd paragraph and waiting until the 10th paragraph to actually get quotes from the ex-wife saying it was false, the damage from the headline and the first 2 paragraphs is already done. Probably half the country today thinks the dude beat his wife.

An unbiased headline would read something closer to "Ex-wife of Labor nominee leveled abuse claims she later said were "made up""

Or I suppose the most unbiased thing to do would not even run the story, given the main source has already said she lied.

It's up to journalists to review if they think the retraction was credible. So they're left weighing a letter that begins:

"Dear Andy

Thank you so much for the wonderful time this past Thanksgiving.

As always, it is so much fun when we are all together.

I have been thinking a lot about the possibility of your appointment with the administration and I am so
proud of you and all of your accomplishments...

You know how deeply I regret many of the rash decisions I made at that time and I sincerely hope that none of those decisions will become an issue for you at this time. I impulsively filed for a divorce without your knowledge and was counseled then to file an allegation of abuse. I regretted and still regret that decision and I withdrew those allegations over thirty years ago. You were not abusive. I will most definitely confirm to anyone who may ask that in no way was there abuse."

th

With her literally going on Oprah shortly after the event occurred, before Puzder was pushing for a spot in the administration, before any pressure might have been exerted on her not to tell what actually happened, etc.

We have no idea what happened, but if "this headline, which I admit occurred, does not provide the headline I personally would have provided" is your argument that this is liberally biased media - and this is the first example you came up with - I can already tell we're headed for a truly compelling collection of "liberal bias!"

How about the main headline currently on CNN "At least one thing is going right for Trump" in reference to the economy booming along. Why not just make the headline "Optimism levels at highest point since 2004" or "Dow at all time high"

How about just Google "Andrew Pudzer domestic violence"

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/01/womens-groups-fret-puzder-nomination-233449

Instead of the headline of "Ex-wife of Labor nominee leveled abuse claims on 'Oprah'" or sticking the first mentioning of a denial in the 3rd paragraph and waiting until the 10th paragraph to actually get quotes from the ex-wife saying it was false, the damage from the headline and the first 2 paragraphs is already done. Probably half the country today thinks the dude beat his wife.

An unbiased headline would read something closer to "Ex-wife of Labor nominee leveled abuse claims she later said were "made up""

Or I suppose the most unbiased thing to do would not even run the story, given the main source has already said she lied.

sounds like your issue is with Google

How about the main headline currently on CNN "At least one thing is going right for Trump" in reference to the economy booming along. Why not just make the headline "Optimism levels at highest point since 2004" or "Dow at all time high"

"Trump hasn't ruined Obama's economy...yet."
"Wall Street bullish on Trump"

It's up to journalists to review if they think the retraction was credible. So they're left weighing a letter that begins:

"Dear Andy

Thank you so much for the wonderful time this past Thanksgiving.

As always, it is so much fun when we are all together.

I have been thinking a lot about the possibility of your appointment with the administration and I am so
proud of you and all of your accomplishments...

You know how deeply I regret many of the rash decisions I made at that time and I sincerely hope that none of those decisions will become an issue for you at this time. I impulsively filed for a divorce without your knowledge and was counseled then to file an allegation of abuse. I regretted and still regret that decision and I withdrew those allegations over thirty years ago. You were not abusive. I will most definitely confirm to anyone who may ask that in no way was there abuse."

th

With her literally going on Oprah shortly after the event occurred, before Puzder was pushing for a spot in the administration, before any pressure might have been exerted on her not to tell what actually happened, etc.

We have no idea what happened, but if "this headline, which I admit occurred, does not provide the headline I personally would have provided" is your argument that this is liberally biased media - and this is the first example you came up with - I can already tell we're headed for a truly compelling collection of "liberal bias!"

Actually the ex-wife recanted the allegations like 25 years ago, maybe if the media wasn't so biased, you would be aware of that.

There's literally a breaking news banner in red on the top of the front page that reads: All three major indexes hit all-time highs. Dow has 7th straight record day while Nasdaq extends 2017 rally to 8.5%.

There's literally a breaking news banner in red on the top of the front page that reads: All three major indexes hit all-time highs. Dow has 7th straight record day while Nasdaq extends 2017 rally to 8.5%.

A breaking new banner doesn't hit palma in the feels.

Actually the ex-wife recanted the allegations like 25 years ago, maybe if the media wasn't so biased, you would be aware of that.

Why would the media in 1991 cover a story about a lead attorney for Carl Jr's?

Back