• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Role of the Media

So you know nothing about the media. At least I'm on the right thread.

You brought it up. I would love to write a long, detailed post about why victims of abuse make statements exculpating their abusers and why it is necessary to look at the evidence and not victim testimony, but I know my words would be lost on you and it's just not worth it. I have no hope of convincing you, despite heaps of scientific evidence on my side, so I won't waste my time.

You brought it up. I would love to write a long, detailed post about why victims of abuse make statements exculpating their abusers and why it is necessary to look at the evidence and not victim testimony, but I know my words would be lost on you and it's just not worth it. I have no hope of convincing you, despite heaps of scientific evidence on my side, so I won't waste my time.

I've yet to see any of the evidence, was it readily available and I missed it?

So lying during divorce proceedings is uncommon?

Yes

Source: worked seven summers in a law firm that dealt with divorces and other family law disputes.

If you lie in proceedings, it comes out fairly quickly.

I'd be interested in seeing discrete instances of this media liberal bias. Is it in the selection of what to cover? Is it in the way stories are covered, unfairly to the right? Is it that they are making stories up that are just not true? I'd love to see a sampling of what someone claims is the media showing a liberal bias, I think that could provide some fruitful discussion and help show where both sides are coming from.

Say it louder Candy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And there it is.

Here's where numbers' sports comparison comes into play. If Team A beats Team B, people just accept it as truth and moves on. In politics, if one side is right and the other isn't, it's bias.

a310731e9e1cd2a301482d5971b517ce.jpg

This is fascism.

Nah. That's just a leader saying almost all the major free press outlets are peddling falsehoods and only a few state approved sources are legitimate.

Also to note, being biased isn't a bad thing. Its not a bad thing to be biased against Trump. Trump seems to be a crazy person and the media probably should actively seek to impeach him. Just seems silly to claim "impartial" when you're not. Just own up to it.

I had some hope he was a smart troll and could get things done, as I liked a fair amount of his policies/ideas in his 100 day plan, etc. Unfortunately he's just a donk troll, and yesterday was ridiculous.

Remember when Trump campaigned about how divided Obama made the country, and strong leadership would unite everyone? What did y'all think he meant by that? Because dissent doesn't play a part in "unity".

Also to note, being biased isn't a bad thing. Its not a bad thing to be biased against Trump. Trump seems to be a crazy person and the media probably should actively seek to impeach him. Just seems silly to claim "impartial" when you're not. Just own up to it.

I had some hope he was a smart troll and could get things done, as I liked a fair amount of his policies/ideas in his 100 day plan, etc. Unfortunately he's just a donk troll, and yesterday was ridiculous.

This is not bias. Bias is when you skewing the reality. Being biased towards reporting facts is not bias.

Last edited:
Back