• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Role of the Media

Chuck Todd with a solid insight on Meet the Press this morning... Trumps attacks on the press are quickly eroding our ability to speak about the need for a free press in other areas of the world like Turkey, Russia, Venezuela and other illiberal democracies.

Also to note, being biased isn't a bad thing. Its not a bad thing to be biased against Trump. Trump seems to be a crazy person and the media probably should actively seek to impeach him. Just seems silly to claim "impartial" when you're not. Just own up to it.

I had some hope he was a smart troll and could get things done, as I liked a fair amount of his policies/ideas in his 100 day plan, etc. Unfortunately he's just a donk troll, and yesterday was ridiculous.

You need to get out more.

...as of 2014 only 7% of journalists identify themselves as Republican.

http://www.politico.com/blogs/media...nt-of-reporters-identify-as-republican-188053

Scrutinizing information, disseminating germane facts (many of them, tough to swallow...it's not a glamorous job), and demanding accountability aren't exactly primary character traits of a conservative viewpoint.

Also, you (and the article itself) buried an important finding: "That means nearly 65 percent of journalists polled don't identify with either of the major parties."

Maybe independent media sources can come to the same conclusion when they are responding to batshit insanity?

If there was a broad reaching journalistic conspiracy, every news outlet would be [un]covering it, especially in this time of hourly allegations against the 'media' from POTUS. That's what journalists do.

Especially in the increasingly viewer/reader/listener #s driven media market, it would behoove every American journalist to uncover this nefarious plot.

Yes. We are being led by a grumpy old man who only watches Fox News.

Yes. We are being led by a grumpy old man who only watches Fox News.

Pretty passive use of the term "led" there. If we are following the Republican definition of leadership over the last 8 years, Donald Trump thus far as proven to be an abject failure as a leader. Not even remotely competent in the very faintest sense.

Labeling the free press as the enemy of the people...I feel like I read that in a history text somewhere.

Well what do ya know. Spicer got something right...and then promptly proceeded to screw it up.

I've seen the list of barred outlets at 8-10 including the BBC.

good maybe they will start covering news and not trying to shape policy. little bitches

good maybe they will start covering news and not trying to shape policy. little bitches

44b974e4ba28207b43b218a4d42a4bf8.jpg

5th Avenue, Ladies and Gentlemen.

Yep. I'm finally all in. I think Donald could advocate rounding up and killing all liberals and the press and most republicans would say "well at least Hillary didn't get elected."

Yep. I'm finally all in. I think Donald could advocate rounding up and killing all liberals and the press and most republicans would say "well at least Hillary didn't get elected."

2wlufza.jpg

Trigger was born in San Diego, California. Though often mistaken for a Tennessee Walking Horse, his sire was a Thoroughbred and his dam a grade (unregistered) mare who, like Trigger, was a palomino. Movie director William Witney, who directed Roy and Trigger in many of their movies, claimed a slightly different lineage, that his sire was a "registered" Palomino stallion, though no known Palomino registry existed at the time of Trigger's birth, and his dam was by a Thoroughbred and out of a "cold-blood" mare.[1] Horses other than Golden Cloud also portrayed "Trigger" over the years, none of which was related to Golden Cloud, the two most prominent of which were palominos known as "Little Trigger" and "Trigger Jr." (who was a Tennessee Walking Horse listed as "Allen's Gold Zephyr" in the Tennessee Walking Horse registry).[2] Though Trigger remained a stallion his entire life, he was never bred and has no descendants. On the other hand, Roy Rogers used "Trigger Jr."/"Allen's Golden Zephyr" at stud for many years, and the horse named "Triggerson" that actor Val Kilmer led on stage as a tribute to Rogers and his cowboy peers during the Academy Awards show in March 1999 was reportedly a grandson of "Trigger Jr."

Back