• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Role of the Media

Seriously, what would it take for JHMD or the likes to turn on Trump? Pedophilia appears to be something they dislike.

Seriously, what would it take for JHMD or the likes to turn on Trump? Pedophilia appears to be something they dislike.

5th Avenue crowd would forgive Trump for virtually anything. He would just spin it as lies made up by his enemies.

"Grandpa Doofus, how did you spend your Friday nights?"

As he posts on a message board on friday night.

Of course, you are a #micro-old, so its not like you (or I) have anything better to do.

You cool with news outlets being shut out the way they were today? And before you get snarky, that is a serious question. I would assume you are as horrified as I am, but maybe not.

Like what Trump has been accused of?

That's not enough. Remember it was pedastery Republicans don't like. Thanks to wakephan's expertise, I know the difference.

As he posts on a message board on friday night.

Of course, you are a #micro-old, so its not like you (or I) have anything better to do.

You cool with news outlets being shut out the way they were today? And before you get snarky, that is a serious question. I would assume you are as horrified as I am, but maybe not.

I was snarky before you were out of bed this morning.

What did you expect of this Presidency? He was sent here to deliver the FU from the half of the country the ptb forgot. This is what happens when you don't listen to people for 25 years. They notice, and send yout Donald Trump.

I was snarky before you were out of bed this morning.

What did you expect of this Presidency? He was sent here to deliver the FU from the half of the country the ptb forgot. This is what happens when you don't listen to people for 25 years. They notice, and send yout Donald Trump.

That's not an answer. I believe that if a free and open press, no matter the slant or yellow journalism or whatever, was good enough for the last 44 Presidents, it would be good enough for this one. And I would think that again, such an idea would be horrifying to you.

It makes me sick to think that things that matter, like a fair press, would be so casually discarded. If FoxNews, the Wall Street Journal, and other outlets are blocked by the next Democratic administration, that sucks as well.

That's not an answer. I believe that if a free and open press, no matter the slant or yellow journalism or whatever, was good enough for the last 44 Presidents, it would be good enough for this one. And I would think that again, such an idea would be horrifying to you.

It makes me sick to think that things that matter, like a fair press, would be so casually discarded. If FoxNews, the Wall Street Journal, and other outlets are blocked by the next Democratic administration, that sucks as well.

Conservatives have abandoned the idea of private sector media tasked with holding government accountable. Strange position for the party who professes to hate government.

At first I thought this was another red herring to get his opponents riled up but this is concerning and as Spicer said last year, it's how dictatorships start...crack down and silence the press.

Final thought - If Trump, republicans and GOP voters are really that concerned about liberal bias in the press then they should fucking stop whining and do something about it within the law of the land. If you're a young conservative, go to journalism school, study up and do some quality reporting with your unique perspective. Be the change you want to see and all that.

Don't act like a hack and call everything fake news because you're too fucking lazy or have partisan blinders on. You're part of the problem if you're doing this.

You have a far different level of respect for the contemporary press than i. I do not view them (collectively) as an institution that has held up their end of the bargain for society. I would share your concern about their exclusion if I shared your belief in their job performance. First part is moot to me.

You have a far different level of respect for the contemporary press than i. I do not view them (collectively) as an institution that has held up their end of the bargain for society. I would share your concern about their exclusion if I shared your belief in their job performance. First part is moot to me.

So you don't believe in freedom of the press.

Wow.

So you don't believe in freedom of the press.

Wow.

Yes. That's exactly what I said. Nailed it.

Where was the press during WMD? ACA? I would be more offended on their behalf if they actually performed their important function. To what do we owe your considerable reverence for their job performance? They spent the last 18 months trying to get Hillary elected and managed to miss the only story they claimed to be covering: look no further than who the President is that kicked out a few reporters. Nice job, idiots.

Last edited:
Yes. That's exactly what I said. Nailed it.

Where was the press during WMD? ACA? I would be more offended on their behalf if they actually performed their important function. To what do we owe your considerable reverence for their job performance? They spent the last 18 months trying to get Hillary elected and managed to miss the only story they claimed to be covering: look no further than who the President is that kicked out a few reporters. Nice job, idiots.

The media sure did a crappy job of it by fixating on the email story.

Bias is in the eye of the beholder and is typically FAR overstated. When you consider that Trump was literally spouting conspiracy theories that you hear on infowars. If Obama had done that during the campaign and the media was giving him pretty neutral cover and glossing over that, you would have had a freakin' cow.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...some-actual-hard-data/?utm_term=.337cb60d1cdd

Last edited:

Why are they still allowing him to post tweets from his personal twitter on what is supposedly a secure phone?

Is he still using his personal phone?

The man is an embarrassment.

Back