• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Romney campaign admits it - They're in big trouble

I hope the Pubs get killed this election in the hopes that they wake up and pull their heads out of their collective asses. Anything that forces them to stop letting the far right run their party is a good thing for our country, in my opinion.

I hope the Pubs get killed this election in the hopes that they wake up and pull their heads out of their collective asses. Anything that forces them to stop letting the far right run their party is a good thing for our country, in my opinion.

Do the last two nominees strike you as far right?

There are candidates who have good ideas and there are candidates who have bad ideas. And then there are candidates who don't really have any ideas and are just disgusting. Romney falls in that third category.

He used to be a good candidate (02 MA gubernatorial race). But now he's someone else. RIP other Mitt.

Huntsman seemed like a good example of a guy who could have actually challenged Obama, but got immediately buried in the primaries for being too close to center.

Far right? They've spent money like it's going out of style, what's far right about that? If by far right you mean social issues, ok

The most recent polling from Ohio isn't all that bad for Romney:

Gravis Marketing 9/2 - 9/2 1381 RV 2.9 44 47 Romney +3
Columbus Dispatch* 8/15 - 8/25 1758 LV 2.1 45 45 Tie
Ohio Poll/Univ of Cin. 8/16 - 8/21 847 LV 3.4 49 46 Obama +3
CBS/NYT/Quinnipiac 8/15 - 8/21 1253 LV 3.0 50 44 Obama +6

When it gets to be about Wednesday or Thursday of next week, we can see where the overall and battleground numbers settle.

Carter, burdened with 21% interest rates, double digit unemployment, etc., was ahead of Reagan in one poll on the Friday before the election, and Reagan was ahead in the other. The tie broke and Reagan won a solid victory.

At this point in 2008 Obama was ahead of McCain by approximately 7-8 points.

I just think some people are looking at some of these numbers as being final. Romney is well positioned to win the election, and of course, as the incumbent Obama can win as well. Without boring you, my prediction from May still holds. Romney will win 53 to Obama's 47. There are many factors that point in that direction.

Far right? They've spent money like it's going out of style, what's far right about that? If by far right you mean social issues, ok

The history of the Far Right is the history of spending a lot of money on (useless) wars. That's true nationally, but especially true internationally.

Last edited:
The most recent polling from Ohio isn't all that bad for Romney:

Gravis Marketing 9/2 - 9/2 1381 RV2.94447Romney +3
Columbus Dispatch*8/15 - 8/25 1758 LV2.14545Tie
Ohio Poll/Univ of Cin.8/16 - 8/21 847 LV3.44946Obama +3
CBS/NYT/Quinnipiac8/15 - 8/21 1253 LV3.05044Obama +6

When it gets to be about Wednesday or Thursday of next week, we can see where the overall and battleground numbers settle.

Carter, burdened with 21% interest rates, double digit unemployment, etc., was ahead of Reagan in one poll on the Friday before the election, and Reagan was ahead in the other. The tie broke and Reagan won a solid victory.

At this point in 2008 Obama was ahead of McCain by approximately 7-8 points.

I just think some people are looking at some of these numbers as being final. Romney is well positioned to win the election, and of course, as the incumbent Obama can win as well. Without boring you, my prediction from May still holds. Romney will win 53 to Obama's 47. There are many factors that point in that direction.

Please, bore us. What points in that direction?

Does ncsports have some special polling numbers that the rest of us cannot get? If so a link would be nice. At this point it looks like a romp for Obama. Why does the right continue with shitty candidates?

All polls show a 2nd Obama blowout with Mittons searching for any kind on answer (the latest being adopting part of O's health plan). Man this guy really will say anything to be present won't he?

Really why does this clown want to be Present?

Huntsman seemed like a good example of a guy who could have actually challenged Obama, but got immediately buried in the primaries for being too close to center.

I guess, if you think that was a real Republican. He was a plant to keep Paul from winning New Hampshire, and that's all.

I guess, if you think that was a real Republican. He was a plant to keep Paul from winning New Hampshire, and that's all.

That is a damn fine conspiracy theory.

The history of the Far Right is the history of spending a lot of money on (useless) wars. That's true nationally, but especially true internationally.

So these people railing against republicans pandering to "the far right" think that the far right supports massive spending? You're going to have a hard time convincing anyone that, because you know it's bs. It's just people talking out of their ass. There hasn't been anyone far right running for president in a long time

That is a damn fine conspiracy theory.

It's a damn fine "pretty much exactly what happened". Huntsman never cared about anywhere other than NH. Hardly even went to Iowa. Then as soon the NH primary is over, even though he finished 3rd, he's done and endorses Romney.

Job done. Not to mention Huntsman's daughter creating the false flag video mocking his adopted Chinese daughter. Paul people traced it back to Abby Huntsman Livingston.

It's amazing how hard the Republican establishment worked to make sure Paul didn't win. They even cheated when they didn't need to cheat. Pretty dumb, considering they cheated the people that might have been the only future their party had.

Back