• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Romney on Obama Voters: stupid poors should buy more money

Jeebus, Mitt is doubling down on his comments:

UPDATE: 9/18/12, 4:52 p.m. ET -- In an interview with Fox News's Neil Cavuto on Tuesday, Mitt Romney continued to stand by his statements in the secretly recorded donor video.

"We were of course talking about a campaign and about how he's going to get half the vote," Romney said. "And frankly we have two very different views of America."

"Those that are dependent on government and those that think government’s job is redistribute -- I’m not going to get them," he said later.

While Romney allowed that some of the people who don't pay income taxes may be his supporters -- senior citizens or members of the military, for instance -- he argued that his message about "the 47 percent" would resonate.

"I do believe we should have enough jobs and enough take home pay to allow people to pay taxes," Romney said. "I think people would like to be paying taxes."

Jesus effin' Christ, WTF is he thinking?!? Does he realize that 40% of the country making < $50K voted for McCain last time? Does he realize FL is a swing state with more than a few senior citizens on social security? Does he realize that the poorest states in the country are his base? Does he realize that most poor, white folk from Appalachia are predisposed to vote for him? Not only are his comments amazingly insensitive, they're also plain wrong.

What is wrong with being retired and receiving social security after putting in your 45-50 years? What is wrong with being a disabled veteran? What is wrong with being on SSDI if you have a legit disability? And what is wrong with being a single mom who works and gets the EIC (and who still pays FICA and state taxes)? What is wrong with being in the active military and being in a war zone? Are all of these people freeloaders on our society? Should they just all commit suicide now?

Yes Mitt, we really do have 2 views of America.

oh, it most certainly resonated... for all the wrong reasons.
what a douche.

Not even remotely suggesting that Mother Jones is controlled by the Obama campaign, but curious why they would release the article now? They certainly don't want Mitt to win, but I doubt they were about to get scooped by someone else and releasing the tapes the day before the first debate would have created maximum damage to Romney.

Sure, I'm sure whoever released the tapes doesn't like Mittens, had an exclusive on the tapes and thought right about now (a couple of weeks after the conventions) would be a good time to release them. About now is about as good a time as right before the 1st debate. Gives it time to marinade for awhile.

But I'm beginning to believe that his doubling down on his initial comments in last night's and this afternoon's press conferences will be more damaging than the initial comments.

Keep talking, Mitt. Please, keep talking.

What a shit show this clown is; a joke of a candidate.

You're absolutely right. Let's make sure all of our politicians get ivy league educations. What's the Unabomber doing these days? He qualifies.

tumblr_lj5xi7zfJE1qhr01io1_400.gif

Not even remotely suggesting that Mother Jones is controlled by the Obama campaign, but curious why they would release the article now? They certainly don't want Mitt to win, but I doubt they were about to get scooped by someone else and releasing the tapes the day before the first debate would have created maximum damage to Romney.

First anniversary of Occupy Wall Street
Only a few more Mondays left before debates dominate coverage
Romney campaign announced they were going to focus solely on the economy this week

Sometimes brilliant people don't have the means to attend an ivy league institution. I'd rather trust someone who was in the top 2-4% of their class at a decent/good than one that attended an ivy and got a 2.0.

I don't know how people who claim to be "sympathetic" are so pretentious about this. It's not that easy to get enough scholarships to get a full ride to one of these places either, so don't even try that argument.

For example, would you guys vote for someone who went to Wake and got a 2.0 over someone who went to NC State and graduated the top of his class?

Yes, obviously. You want John Edwards in a position of leadership over Richard Burr?

Yes. In a heartbeat. Edwards may be a personal scumbag, but I agreed almost 100% with his policy positions. I don't know if I have ever agreed with any of Richard Burr's policy positions.

Which policy provisions? The ones he took when he was in the Senate where he was 1 of the most conservative Dems in that chamber, or the ones he took after his conversion to being a populist when he ran for president?

Richard Burr is the opposite of Edwards........Great guy/hate is political views.........sounds like a good chunk of my friends.

Doesn't change the fact that people are trying to hold out a Miami (OH) grad as some sort of genius.

I am sure there are several Miami (OH) grads that are geniuses.

seriously going to stick with the Miami (OH) degree means anything one way or another? there are people who graduated from wake forest who argued for creationism like 2 weeks ago. where you went to school means nothing.

Stay on topic. Mitt doesn't care about the half of Americans who are very irresponsible because they don't pay income taxes.

Stay on topic. Mitt doesn't care about the half of Americans who are very irresponsible because they don't pay income taxes.

Even though Axelrod et al have spoken from on high and said that "Mitt doesn't care"....truth is, Mitt does care about every American and he has demonstrated it in his life over and over and over, and will, in his first term, do more for lower income Americans than Obama would do in 8.

Romney 53 Obama 47 in case anyone has forgotten how this is all going to end :) now I have to see what BKF has been up to....

Yes. In a heartbeat. Edwards may be a personal scumbag, but I agreed almost 100% with his policy positions. I don't know if I have ever agreed with any of Richard Burr's policy positions.

Dear Lord BKF you really have lost both oars. You would vote for Edwards today in an election?

seriously going to stick with the Miami (OH) degree means anything one way or another? there are people who graduated from wake forest who argued for creationism like 2 weeks ago. where you went to school means nothing.

I agree. The school really doesn't matter. To get deeper, there is knowledge, there is wisdom, there is street smart, character plays a big role, etc. etc. etc. Hard work means a lot too.

Back