• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Romney Picks Paul Ryan as VP

TR1982

Reaction score
In Norfolk, VA. Makes me think it's McDonnell, but who knows.

Yeah, just read about a plane itinerary from Janesville to Boston. How very Packpride-esque. I'm hoping it's Rubio, but you're probably right.

What this does mean is that Romney now has one substantive piece of policy to run on - The Ryan Budget.

NBC News says Paul Ryan.

A last second leak from the Romney campaign, after being so disciplined for so long? That makes me think misdirection. Not to mention the obvious intimation with the USS Wisconsin. But now I'm just overthinking it. We'll see in the morning.

A last second leak from the Romney campaign, after being so disciplined for so long? That makes me think misdirection. Not to mention the obvious intimation with the USS Wisconsin. But now I'm just overthinking it. We'll see in the morning.

He changed his mind on his commitment to secrecy, at least he's consistent.

Reactions: ONW

I mean, they broke into prime-time TV coverage here on the West Coast with reports from Chuck Todd and Andrea Mitchell. It's Ryan.

I suspect there will be a hard push to the right on social issues to make Catholics balk at their opposition to the Ryan budget.

Aircraft carrier announcement. Jim Webb. That would shake things up.

Last edited:
he should pick a moderate like rj karl. that would be a solid ticket.

You're right. I'm the only one who thinks Ryan's plan is well out of the mainstream:

"I don't think right-wing social engineering is any more desirable than left-wing social engineering," Gingrich said on "Meet the Press" in May. "I don't think imposing radical change from the right or the left is a very good way for a free society to operate."

Romney 2.0 picks Romney 1.0 for his VP!!!!!

It's a bummer to have not picked Ryan at Intrade yesterday. You would have made about 7/2 (bet $2200 to win $10,000).

Last edited:
Back