• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ron, good job.

Seriously. What an awful post. No one in their right mind--which, granted, would exempt a few folks around here--would criticize Wellman for hiring a Lembo or Narduzzi-type candidate who didn't work out. What they (we) are afraid of is him going off the damn reservation, again, and hiring some 60-year-old retread with no track record of success, no personality, and no promise of hope.

That last is what we, as a fanbase, need right now, more than anything. We've been through five years of losing football games due to the most obvious of deficiencies and in the most predictable of fashions, and three-plus years of watching the worst coach in the country destroy our basketball program, all while a tone deaf AD rains sunshine and platitudes--"Oh heavens no!" "I couldn't be happier!"--down on us. There's been no hope of any real success in either sport, no hope that the current regimes were going to correct their mistakes, and no hope that the AD was going to step in.

Hire the right guy, and that all changes. Yes, it's hard to win in college football, and harder at Wake Forest. No shit. We're not asking for Ron to look into his crystal ball and conjure up the name of the one coach in the country who will have the most possible success here. All we want is somebody who's qualified, who's had success, and who can, finally, give us some cause for optimism with regard to one of our two revenue sports. That's all "don't screw this up" means.

hear hear, exactly.

Lembo and Narduzzi will use this as leverage and get paid. They'll play Wellman like a fool and he'll get embarassed then come back with some culture bs to save face. We'll get a 56 year old white dude from the Midwest with a sub .500 record. It's just too hard to win at Wake but we have good, decent men.

@footballscoop 8h
Spoke w a bunch of folks tonight. Very, very real interest out there in Wake job. A lot guys would love opportunity there. Now on other side

@footballscoop 8h
Hear Wake is looking for someone w proven results as HC 1st. Academics very important. Hear they would like to speak w Lembo, Ed O (yep)...

@footballscoop 8h
Also hear Pat Narduzzi on their list and others (Danny Rocco and more). Quality list.

@footballscoop 8h
Spoke w a bunch of folks tonight. Very, very real interest out there in Wake job. A lot guys would love opportunity there. Now on other side

@footballscoop 8h
Hear Wake is looking for someone w proven results as HC 1st. Academics very important. Hear they would like to speak w Lembo, Ed O (yep)...

@footballscoop 8h
Also hear Pat Narduzzi on their list and others (Danny Rocco and more). Quality list.

That is very encouraging. If orgeron narduzzi and Lembo are the final 3 I will be fine. Although I don't think orgeron would be a great fit I do think he would be an interesting hire.

We should interview Orgeron even if we have no intention of hiring him. His name generates buzz.

@footballscoop 8h

@footballscoop 8h

@footballscoop 8h

Looks like footballscoop did his research here. No way anyone knows what's going through Wellman's head right now.

We should interview Orgeron even if we have no intention of hiring him. His name generates buzz.

The best thing about O is his recruiting. I don't think he's a program builder. But we could do much worse.

Looks like footballscoop did his research here. No way anyone knows what's going through Wellman's head right now.

My thoughts exactly. If it's actually true and this board is on the same page as Ron, that would be a first.

I'm afraid we are setting ourselves up for a huge disappointment. Think about it: Our fan base could get totally behind a Lembo hire, there are people in the media suggesting he's a perfect fit, the BSU fans are even admitting it's a good fit.

Therefore, no way Ron will approach him. He's too smart to make the obvious hire, and certainly isn't going out of his way to make the fan base happy. Everybody duck, another Buzzbomb incoming.

At least this time Wellman knows that we don't want him to be clever. Use some common sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You folks must remember Wellman had that head injury from his bicycle mishap and ain't functioning with a full deck now...

Along these lines, shouldn't we expect a coach named "Jim"? It's been 20 years since he's had to call the Football HC anything different... he might not be able to handle that.

Let's say Ron makes an A+ hire that everyone LOVES....how much heat does that take off of his own ass?

The guy has kept [Redacted] around for 4 goddamn years with absolutely no consequences, there is no heat on his ass. He has set the bar so low that any hire will be deemed acceptable. He could hire Rae Carruth to coach us remotely from his jail cell and the response would still be "Eh, it's better than [Redacted]".

Lot off field issues with Orgeron. Don't see Ron going that way, but who the heck knows where he might go? Just hope he doesn't get played by the top candidates and we end up with a Bzzturd.

Wellman has proven he can surprise us. Hopefully this time he will surprise us by actually hiring a good coach.

Back