• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Roy Williams hates his walk-ons and America

[B]From the News and Observer's article on the game comments section - this pretty much sums it up:

[/
B]Royfan09, I've been a fan of Roy Williams for a long time.
But, of late, I've taken a hard and discernible look at him. And, my opinion of his coaching ability has changed. He can't wear Dean Smith's jock strap when it comes to coaching .... nor the manly thing of many of the coaches whose teams frequent the top 20 in basketball.
He recruits talent and puts them on the floor and asks them to run and gun. Simple as that. Yes, there are vintages of Smith with the secondary break and such, but the Tarheel man defense sucks. He relies on outscoring the other team, not sopping them. Such was the case at Kansas.
He has a great record because he recruits well. But, he is a crybaby, a whiner, and worse still, he takes too personal anything said in his direction.
What he did today at the game sealed his fate with me. You DO NOT take your team off the court early and allow five walk-ons to finish the game. There's no excuse for it. It's a quitter-mentality. And, it is embarrassing. He can talk all he wants to on his radio show and try and defend what he did, but what Chancellor Holden ought to do is have him in his office first thing Monday morning explaining to him that his contract calls for more than just coaching and whining -- it is teaching kids that when you lose, you lose gracefully, not by sulking and by picking up your marbles and going home!!!!

Read more here: http://www.newsobserver.com/2012/01/14/1777981/live-updates-unc-visiting-florida.html#storylink=cpy

Not suprising, no comment from the N&Cheater.

K stayed with the team/reserves.

That's right. Coach K has several times (that I'm aware of) gone ahead and shaken hands before the buzzer, but I've never seen him leave the court. Send the players early, that's acceptable, but this is not.

Just before the buzzer sounded, the remaining managers, towel boys, etc. were just looking around like, "What do we do now?"

Roy is a fraud and continues to show his true colors more and more with each passing year.

The best part of Roy leaving the building and letting the scrubs deal with the aftermath is that the rush to the court really wasn't anything out of the ordinary. And they had two cops for every scrub on the Heels to get them out of there. That was truly funny stuff. I have never seen that and I expect I never will again. Can you imagine Bama pulling their entire football team off the field at Auburn? Just unbelievable.

The best part of Roy leaving the building and letting the scrubs deal with the aftermath is that the rush to the court really wasn't anything out of the ordinary. And they had two cops for every scrub on the Heels to get them out of there. That was truly funny stuff. I have never seen that and I expect I never will again. Can you imagine Bama pulling their entire football team off the field at Auburn? Just unbelievable.

FSU isn't Auburn, that's NC State. FSU may dislike UNC, but the the hatred isn't that. It's like Alabama and Georgia.

Again, I don't even get sending the stars back and staying with the scrubs. Even that is overly dramatic. Like I said before, how many times have kids rushed the floor after a win? Of all those times I have never heard of any harm coming to players. There was no reason for the big dramatic walk-off and there certainly was no reason to take off and leave the walk-ons to fend for themselves.

Hahahahahahaha! That was the dooshiest thing I've ever seen. I can't wait to make fun of Carolina fans all week. I know we suck, but that was shameful. I hope those players remember all year what that felt like. How humiliating. Roy is a pussy.

FSU isn't Auburn, that's NC State. FSU may dislike UNC, but the the hatred isn't that. It's like Alabama and Georgia.

Yeh definitely not any hatred for them. Only schools we really hate is UF and the U. Granted growing up a Demon Deacon, I really dont like UNC or Duke either.

Wow Roy is such a little bitch. Easily the most hateable "man" in college basketball.

That has to be one of the silliest things I have ever seen. Totally unnecessary.

Gutless move by Roy.

I used to respect him. I dont suffer from that affliction any longer.

Should change the title of this thread to "Official Roy Is A Douche Thread". Boston Herald article has him trying to explain it:

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/...articleid=1396155&srvc=sports&position=recent

"Let’s make sure that we understand that I was not trying to embarrass Florida State by pretending that they could not control the crowd," Williams said. "That’s not what I was trying to do at all. I was just trying to protect our team. We had an ugly incident at Las Vegas and one of our female managers got knocked down."
Doesn't explain why HE wasn't still out there. He's not female.

He couldn't stay out there with the 5 freakin' walk-ons? I guess their safety is not quite as important. We have been playing basketball in this country for 100 years. Do we really need to start clearing the visitors bench for fear of injury at the ends of games?

Ridiculous. . .

396284_3029249292255_1293511238_33144426_187576644_n.JPG

And I keep reading how Hamilton "helped" to suggest Roy leave. How do you "help" suggest something?
According to the State forum, Roy admitted after the game it was his idea even though Hamilton keeps trying to put it on himself. Even in that linked Boston Herald article Roy is talking like it was his idea, coming up with all these reasons he couldn't risk being out on the court for the buzzer. If you HAVE to send your starters to the back, then you - as the head coach - should stay out there for your 5 guys on the floor.

Also, kudos on the thread title change. :golfclap:

Back