• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Rumor: OGB's press creds to be revoked

This is the perfect time to reflect on one of coach K's finest moments...when he got his panties in a bunch over something the duke student newspaper wrote and had a closed door meeting with the student journalists and ripped them new assholes. One of the students had a tape recorder ...oops.

link?

The only lie that was in that advertisement was the use of the word "mediocre"

"And then there was Krzyzewski's most infamous run-in with the media—the student media, that is. In 1990, the coach blew his stack after a student sports reporter in the university newspaper dared to give his team a B+ midseason grade.

He summoned ten newspaper staffers to the locker room and let loose with an eight-minute profanity-laced tirade that would have given a gentler man a stroke.

Unbeknownst to K, one of the reporters secretly recorded the blowup with a tape recorder hidden in his bag.

Coach K began by calling the midseason report card "full of shit," and went on to whine, "I just wonder where your mindset is that you don't appreciate the kids in this locker room. I'm not looking for puff pieces or anything like that, but you're whacked out and you don't appreciate what the fuck is going on and it pisses me off—I'm suggesting that if you want to appreciate what's going on—get your head out of your ass and start looking out for what's actually happening."

Another coach might have been fired for a blue-streaked outburst against—again—student reporters. And not only students, but ones at his own school. But Coach K's reputation took only the slightest ding. Dick Vitale was probably on the air that very night gushing about how much K does for charity."

http://deadspin.com/5893113/coach-k-is-a-dick

And then there was Krzyzewski's most infamous run-in with the media—the student media, that is. In 1990, the coach blew his stack after a student sports reporter in the university newspaper dared to give his team a B+ midseason grade.

He summoned ten newspaper staffers to the locker room and let loose with an eight-minute profanity-laced tirade that would have given a gentler man a stroke.

Unbeknownst to K, one of the reporters secretly recorded the blowup with a tape recorder hidden in his bag.

Coach K began by calling the midseason report card "full of shit," and went on to whine, "I just wonder where your mindset is that you don't appreciate the kids in this locker room. I'm not looking for puff pieces or anything like that, but you're whacked out and you don't appreciate what the fuck is going on and it pisses me off—I'm suggesting that if you want to appreciate what's going on—get your head out of your ass and start looking out for what's actually happening."

Another coach might have been fired for a blue-streaked outburst against—again—student reporters. And not only students, but ones at his own school. But Coach K's reputation took only the slightest ding. Dick Vitale was probably on the air that very night gushing about how much K does for charity.

Has our favorite WFU beat reporter from the Winston Salem Journal weighed in on today's news or is he busy writing about our critical matchup with Va. Tech? I wonder if the Journal will even acknowledge this story?

Has our favorite WFU beat reporter from the Winston Salem Journal weighed in on today's news or is he busy writing about our critical matchup with Va. Tech? I wonder if the Journal will even acknowledge this story?

He has his press creds tucked safely under his pillow. Don't look to Dan to tackle this subject.

wow. you idiots fell for ron's trap. so obvious he was considering the action and floated the rumor to take the boards' temperature.

Based on who my source was... I have little doubt the meeting happened.

It shouldn't come as much of a surprise if cooler heads prevailed (I haven't heard either way).

If it (OG&B losing credentials) was even discussed as an realistic option/response, somebody must have lost their mind to even suggest it.

I'm sure it was brought up as a threat if the meeting happened. That seems standard. OGB people need to be smart enough to call the bluff.

Someone needs to get in touch with Hillary and talk about a full page ad. That would get absurd coverage with the backstory now.

You know these guys had to meet to come up with a response strategy in light of yesterday's publicity. Not too surprising.

There was a meeting after the OGB ad between RW and Buzz. I don't know exactly when, or if someone from the OGB staff was present, but I know RW & Buzz were upset. Not angry, just upset. The meeting wasn't very long. I'm not 100% sure, but pretty sure RW received at least one email that included all of the links to national media coverage of the ad.

Back