• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ryder Cup Thread

My wife has a friend that traveled to France this past summer and went on a tour bus to Normandy. She said the tour guide was constantly talking about how bad America is and how the US and allied soldiers that liberated France was "worse" than the Germans. If that is is a common sentiment among the French now, then I'm not surprised by the above.

My father took part in the Normandy Invasion (came ashore a few days after D-Day). As a MP, he had lots of interaction with the locals, who he described as extremely unappreciative and generally bitching about everything American. A common theme was that the invasion tore their farms up and that the American Army should pay for the damages.

As a side note, I should add that some of the French ladies were most appreciative of the G.I's. One of the guys in my dad's unit bore a striking resemblance to the French actor Fernandel, which ensured that there was a flock of young women around when things were calm.

The girls seem a little too involved in this dust up between Koepka and DJ. Smells like another instance of DJ making a move on Koepka's gal.

Paulina deleting photos of DJ. DJ being a total poon hound. Koepka wanting to kick Dj's ass.

That's my detective work. Brilliant, I know.

The girls seem a little too involved in this dust up between Koepka and DJ. Smells like another instance of DJ making a move on Koepka's gal.

Paulina deleting photos of DJ. DJ being a total poon hound. Koepka wanting to kick Dj's ass.

That's my detective work. Brilliant, I know.

Rumor I always heard (didn't understand it) was that DJ had a fake back injury at the 2017 Masters because he found out that Koepka had boned Paulina or something like that.

Koepka denied reports that he and Dustin Johnson had to be separated following a row at Europe’s victory party on Sunday night, and that the pair’s argument had started on the plane before the team arrived in Paris for the tournament.

“This Dustin thing I don’t get,” he said. “There was no fight, there was no argument – he’s one of my best friends. I love the kid to death.”
https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2...er-cup-fan-lost-sight-worst-day-golf-ball-hit

Rumor I always heard (didn't understand it) was that DJ had a fake back injury at the 2017 Masters because he found out that Koepka had boned Paulina or something like that.

I have heard this as well - the "slip down the stairs" was more due to pushing and shoving when they confronted each other. Need the latest kid to grow up and see if he looks more like brooks or DJ.

I have heard this as well - the "slip down the stairs" was more due to pushing and shoving when they confronted each other. Need the latest kid to grow up and see if he looks more like brooks or DJ.

I find that hard to believe considering they are supposed to be such good friends since the "slip down the stairs" at the Masters.

I find that hard to believe considering they are supposed to be such good friends since the "slip down the stairs" at the Masters.

I heard it from someone who has some connections to the tour. Not saying it's true but it's not like I heard it from some random person at a bar. I don't know how much I believe it, but I definitely don't believe he slipped down the stairs wearing socks going to play with his kids.

Remember - this is the same DJ who "took a year off due to a jet ski accident" (aka suspension for drugs)

According to who? It really seems like some people in the golf media are completely clueless. Rich Lerner seemed SO surprised about no Speith/Reed pairing when it was pretty obvious what was going on. The other guys just kind of shook their head at him. Kind of like the Speith/Thomas are best buds when really Fowler/Thomas are way better buds. That kind of bullshit.

Koepka's girl is pretty hot but so are most PGA players wives or gfs.

170618-jena-sims2.png

Anybody else getting tired of hearing about this woman who lost her eye ? She's complaining that the marshals didn't yell "Fore ! ," a claim that the Ryder cup disputes. Also upset that no one from the Ryder Cup came to visit her in the hospital.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/woman-...arly-died-plans-suit-ryder-cup-211016468.html

What happened to her losing an eye is horrible and it's awful that happened to her attending a recreational/entertainment event. However, I've been to several golf tournaments and always realized that there is a small but definite possibility I could get hit with a golf ball and if it hits you just right it could hurt you really bad or even that smallest chance it could kill you. That's nobody's fault, not the tournament's fault as long as the spectators are kept off the primary playing areas which I'm sure they were, not the player's fault as despite even being the best golfers in the world, they hit stray shots like anybody else. It's just a risk you take, it's disclosed on any ticket to a pro event and that's just how it is. Of course in this day of people refusing to take personal responsibility for anything and the attitude of "I'll sue over anything," it's not surprising. Do I think it would be nice if the Ryder Cup voluntarily compensated her and even Koepka voluntarily compensated her, yeah I do, but neither has an obligation.

Last edited:
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/woman-...arly-died-plans-suit-ryder-cup-211016468.html

What happened to her losing an eye is horrible and it's awful that happened to her attending a recreational/entertainment event. However, I've never been to a golf tournament and not realized that there is a small but definite possibility I could get hit with a golf ball and if it hits you just right it could hurt you really bad or even that smallest chance it could kill you. That's nobody's fault, not the tournament's fault as long as the spectators are kept off the primary playing areas which I'm sure they were, not the player's fault as despite even being the best golfers in the world, they hit stray shots like anybody else. It's just a risk you take, it's disclosed on any ticket to a pro event and that's just how it is. Of course in this day of people refusing to take personal responsibility for anything and the attitude of "I'll sue over anything," it's not surprising. Do I think it would be nice if the Ryder Cup voluntarily compensated her and even Koepka voluntarily compensated her, yeah I do, but neither has an obligation.

I have been to several golf tournaments and seen people get hit. I saw a woman get hit in the eye on a Mickelson errant drive at Wells Fargo several years ago. My wife got hit in the arm by a James Hahn shot a couple of years ago. It happens a lot. I feel terrible for the lady. I don't think she has much of a case as I believe its listed on the back of most patron tickets the risk they take by attending the event.

I remember being at the GGO several years ago leaning over the ropes while Jeff Sluman was hitting out of a fairway bunker and he must hit it real thin and right because his ball went whizzing by maybe a foot in front of my head. I mean you could hear the whistling noise as it went by.

Anyone attending a Pro-Am is taking their life into their hands.

You know another thing is we've probably all seen the people at these tournaments that are just there to socialize and probably don't even realize a tournament is going on. So, I'm sure "fore" was yelled after Koepka's drive, but it's very possible this lady wasn't even paying attention to what was going on to hear it. That's not to imply at all that she deserved to be hit or it was her fault, but it's just like when you go to a hockey game or sit down the lines at a baseball game, you really need to pay attention to what's going on if you're anywhere in the line of play.

Back