• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Sad and unfortunate news

Wow, this is terrible news. I feel so sorry for his family and especially his young son. My condolences to his family.

It's amazing that the death of a person I don't know has affected me as much as it has.

If anyone, especially those close, are struggling with this remember to ask for help.

Seeing a lot of long lost posters showing up is cathartic. Maybe a few will stick around the community awhile. It'll be a fun season so you know he'll be sending the vibes here.

Just got back from Atlanta and did not expect to read this on the sports boards... This hurts. I did not know Brasky but as a fellow teacher, I appreciated his perspectives, fearlessness, and honesty w/his posts. My thoughts are with his family and son.... I liked the image of him and BKF. Be at rest.

I don't post much anymore, but I ran into HTTD+AWAR on the quad this weekend where they shared the news. Just awful, I think I met him just once at Rec during the Pit bar crawl damn near a decade ago. He made these boards a better place to hang out, no doubt.

As a father of a 4 and 2 year old, I can't imagine what his family must be going through. The only solace I can offer -- for what it's worth -- is that his omnipresence on these boards will one day give his son the ability get to know and love his father the way we all have.

RIP Brasky

I'm just seeing this now and I'm heartbroken. One of my favorite posters and though I never met him, I felt like I knew him well. Rest peacefully Brasky, you'll be missed terribly.

It's amazing that the death of a person I don't know has affected me as much as it has.

If anyone, especially those close, are struggling with this remember to ask for help.

Seeing a lot of long lost posters showing up is cathartic. Maybe a few will stick around the community awhile. It'll be a fun season so you know he'll be sending the vibes here.

This.

I didn't know him personally and barely knew him on here, but god this really hit me. Just a pit in my stomach. I feel so bad for his family. And me being so close to my nephew and knowing how close my brother is to him just makes me tear up thinking about a son going through life without his father.

I wish there was something more than words on a message board that I could do.

I hope all that knew him for real can find peace and comfort in knowing how special and loved he was.

RIP Brasky.

Damn. Just seeing this awful news. RIP, Charlie. I enjoyed each and every one of our conversations. You will be missed terribly.

Back