• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Sad and unfortunate news

Terrible. Way too young. We have lost some of the old farts on these boards over the years, but I'm hard pressed to think of somebody so young, and with a little boy to boot.. Don't think I ever met him, as my last boards endeavor was a stumble into the Orange Bowl tailgate when he would've been a kid, and frankly, I don't really remember who I bumped into that night. RIP, BB. Life is truly too short.
Myself and tsy were among them.

This place really has brought so many of us together...be it virtually or in real life. It's jarring when one of our own is taken, especially at such a young age.

I am very sorry to read this. Sincerest condolences to his family.

I am very sorry to hear this news. May his memory be a blessing to his family, especially his mother, widow and son. I would appreciate more discussion of memorial gifting options from those who knew him best.

Really tough when someone this young cashes out and leaves behind a child. I always liked his take on everything Wake related.

RIP Bro.

way to young -- thoughts and prayers to his family. Will be missed.

Damn that sucks, sorry to hear that. I always enjoyed him getting fired up and going on his rants.

This place really has brought so many of us together...be it virtually or in real life. It's jarring when one of our own is taken, especially at such a young age.

Agreed. I never met Brasky IRL, but this news hits as if I did. I hope he‘s at peace now. Condolences to his family and friends.

I've had a few folks reach out regarding donation ideas, and most are suggesting the Crosby Scholars program, which I think is an excellent idea.

I've had a few folks reach out regarding donation ideas, and most are suggesting the Crosby Scholars program, which I think is an excellent idea.
Crosby Scholars is the suggested recipient of donations at the end of his obituary.

RIP.

Remember him posting just this past weekend. Shocking at such a young age. Reading his obit, I do recall he was local to Winston and a teacher I believe? How sad.

Wow, this is just awful. I followed BB through more life changes on these boards than anyone else. I typically have trouble remembering which poster said what but somehow his sharing of the ins and outs of his life stuck with me. The move to TX to sell custom grill accessories, the death of his father, the decision to change careers and become a teacher, the girls he would fall in love with after a date or two, then the real love, the marriage, the move back to Winston, the kid, the divorce.... Good grief - it all seemed to this old guy like it happened overnight.... And now this.
I never met the guy and yet here I am, mourning his passing and feeling so bad for his young son.

Yet another reminder to us all to take nothing for granted.

Good post, Scooter. I mostly lurk but Brasky definitely made an impression on me as well. I’ll never see a bolo tie and not think of him. If his online persona is any indication, he packed a lot of life into his 36 years. RIP.

Back