• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Sad and unfortunate news

I think recently he had changed jobs because the NC education system finally got to him. I remember when I had my epic failure of a teaching experience a few years ago he and I had exchanged some PMs back and forth. 36 years old with a 2 year old is just horrible.

Really sad news. I don't post a lot but tend to read threads and always enjoyed Brasky's takes and conversations, particularly in the Tunnels. RIP.

Very sad to hear. He and I didn't see eye-to-eye on much, but he was always passionate, open, and unvarnished. Rest in peace.

Just absolutely awful, awful news. I didn't know Brasky outside of these boards but I loved interacting with him on the footy threads. May his memory be a blessing for all who knew him.

Shit. I always had fun meeting up with Brasky for a drink. May he rest in peace and may his family find consolation in their sorrow

Shit, back on the boards to make plans for my 20th reunion this weekend and run across this. Puts some shit in perspective. RIP Brasky.

Wow, incredibly sad. He was active during my heyday of posting and years later I still remember him well. Feel awful for his family and son.

Condolences to the Sprinkle family and all his friends. Incredibly tragic.

This is awful news. My condolences to his friends and family. Much too young.

I did not know Charlie personally, but I did follow his travails over the years. He was a compelling personality. This place will be the lesser in his absence. May those he leaves behind know comfort, peace and love in their loss. Ad astra cum alis, Brasky.

Horrible to hear. Anybody, especially having a family, suffers at least a little bit hearing this. Puts things in perspective. Condolences to the BillBrasky family. Just tragic.

Damn, I just saw this. Gutted

Charles and I met through the boards and immediately connected over soccer. We traveled together numerous times to watch the Yanks play including London, Dublin, Columbus, and Cary. Spoke via text maybe once or twice a year, but it was one of those relationships where you just hit the ground running and pick right back up where you left off. Most recently, he was supposed to join me in Mexico City for the World Cup Qualifier but I was not able to secure him a match ticket.

My favorite Brasky story happened in London after the USA vs. Colombia match at Craven Cottage. We were standing in line at a bar and the bouncer was an Irish guy named "Phil the Fighter". He approached us and said, "I'm gonna be honest with you lads, it's a bit of a sausage fest in there right now. I'll let you in, but it'll cost ya 20 pounds a piece". Brasky looked at me, looked back and Phil, hopped out of line and hollered over his shoulder "I'm going to pay someone 20 pounds for services tonight Phil, but it's not going to be you"

RIP Brasky, I think our boys can win the 2026 World Cup for you.

10696342_10101648503108717_7274098860135044977_n.jpg

Damn, I just saw this. Gutted

Charles and I met through the boards and immediately connected over soccer. We traveled together numerous times to watch the Yanks play including London, Dublin, Columbus, and Cary. Spoke via text maybe once or twice a year, but it was one of those relationships where you just hit the ground running and pick right back up where you left off. Most recently, he was supposed to join me in Mexico City for the World Cup Qualifier but I was not able to secure him a match ticket.

My favorite Brasky story happened in London after the USA vs. Colombia match at Craven Cottage. We were standing in line at a bar and the bouncer was an Irish guy named "Phil the Fighter". He approached us and said, "I'm gonna be honest with you lads, it's a bit of a sausage fest in there right now. I'll let you in, but it'll cost ya 20 pounds a piece". Brasky looked at me, looked back and Phil, hopped out of line and hollered over his shoulder "I'm going to pay someone 20 pounds for services tonight Phil, but it's not going to be you"

RIP Brasky, I think our boys can win the 2026 World Cup for you.

10696342_10101648503108717_7274098860135044977_n.jpg
This is hilarious. Thanks for sharing

Christ. My condolences to his family and friends. Brasky was one of the good ones and I loved interacting with him on the boards.

Life is too fucking short. Tell the people you care about you love them today, give them a hug.

This place will be worse off without him and he'll be missed.

Back