• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Sam Hartman

Yesterday's interview with Clawson. He appears very frustrated but adds there really should be no rules (in a cynical tone) because no rules are being enforced. I agree with him. It's getting out of hand. His words, not mine.

It's not really up for debate that the rules aren't being enforced and it's out of hand. The debate is if you prioritize short term players making money (Cam Lemons does this) or long-term health of college athletics and college athletes (I do this).

Clawson's gotta work on that camera angle. Get a phone mount
Just curious, why are you disliking my posts about Sam's situation? I'm just describing what is factually going on. I also dislike that it's happening, but it doesn't mean it's not true or that it wasn't a valid point to bring up when somebody was questioning the motives behind his potential decision to leave Wake for another college football program.

Why are people disliking my post about Hartman's move being for money lol he has said so word for word as has Clawson. Not criticizing Sam at all, if you can take advantage of a broken system why would you not?

I also think Wake would have made it worth his while to stay if it wasn't time for a roster transition and new QB and if there weren't other places where millions could be used to improve the roster over the longer term.
because what the hell are you yammering about

Why are people disliking my post about Hartman's move being for money lol he has said so word for word as has Clawson. Not criticizing Sam at all, if you can take advantage of a broken system why would you not?

I also think Wake would have made it worth his while to stay if it wasn't time for a roster transition and new QB and if there weren't other places where millions could be used to improve the roster over the longer term.

Because you are a broken record and you've come in hot and heavy as a pretentious fuckstick?

because what the hell are you yammering about
What do you mean? I'm definitely not trying to come off as disrespectful in this explanation, but I understand not everybody follows college sports as closely as a huge fan that just graduated and not everyone knows the craziness that is going on right now, so I will try and recap the situation:

Somebody asked why Sam would consider a "lesser program" than Wake when he could just stay at Wake. I explained that Sam isn't transferring because he wants to find a better football program or because he dislikes his offensive coordinator or something like that, he and Clawson have said he is transferring because other schools are offering him millions to do so. For context, before the season Sam said repeatedly that this would be his last season playing college football "unless he got a massive NIL deal". In a classically classy move from Clawson, he laid the groundwork for Sam's transfer to another program saying he is getting big money offers and "deserves any offers he's getting" to transfer.

I also explained the difference between NIL and pay for play, which is not legal but is not being prevented or punished by the NCAA.

I'm going to start using that line lol. And yes 100% broken record coming off as pretentious but people still don't understand what is going on so worth repeating.

People do understand what is going on. They've just accepted it as the new reality. The fact that you act like you're the only one who does understand is why people keep disliking your shit.

People do understand what is going on. They've just accepted it as the new reality. The fact that you act like you're the only one who does understand is why people keep disliking your shit.
99% of people understand it and it's not like some people are smart because they understand it or don't, people are just turned in to varying degrees as fans. I responded to a fan who clearly did not understand why Sam was leaving, and explained why. That fan/poster likely just doesn't follow this stuff as much as some others do which is fine.

I’ll repeat what I said previously. We better be doing the same thing as everyone else or we will quickly be in a gigantic hole.
We are starting to. You are seeing schools like Wake and Notre Dame get involved in bending the rules now because they have seen the blatant rule breaking that Miami, Texas A&M, USC, etc. have gotten away with. Wake can absolutely play this game if they want to. That's not a concern of mine at all. I just think it will rot college sports from the inside out.

It’s not your civic duty to write a manifesto every time some old fuck doesn’t understand NIL. You already said 99% of people understand it, thats already doing way better than the age of the earth and vaccines on this board. That’s why you get negs your position is well know, just link back to any other time you’ve spelled out your NIL manifesto. You’ve beaten the horse to death, raped it’s corpse, and now crawled inside it like it’s a tauntaun.

I'm definitely not trying to come off as disrespectful in this explanation, but I understand not everybody follows college sports as closely as a huge fan that just graduated and not everyone knows the craziness that is going on right now, so I will try and recap the situation
I haven’t been liking/disliking your blocks of texts, but I’ll go out on a limb and suggest that it’s posts like this that earn the downvotes.

We have posters on this board that have been undepheated in sports discussions longer than you have been alive.

I opened this thread thinking I was 5 pages back but nope, NIL manifestos are still being written!

Back