• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Sam Hartman

I hope Sam has a great Season at ND. Hell, hope he wins the Heisman. I mean, wtf not? Do I hope we bury ND ass when we play them? Absolutely. Hate ND, always have.
Sam did what was best for Sam just like any of us would have done. But I'm staying on the Hartman train right thru what I hope is a solid Pro career.

I hope Sam has a great Season at ND. Hell, hope he wins the Heisman. I mean, wtf not? Do I hope we bury ND ass when we play them? Absolutely. Hate ND, always have.
Sam did what was best for Sam just like any of us would have done. But I'm staying on the Hartman train right thru what I hope is a solid Pro career.
I'm with this 1000%, happy for Sam and did all he could for us, but time to turn the page. Should be a great opportunity for him to further develop and position for the NFL

Yeah. Having watched Wolford, Hinton, Newman, and Hartman play plenty of games, I’m confident that Clawson can groom a QB and I’m confident Wake could have a QB better than Hartman. Hopefully that is Griffis. The Wake QB position has a high floor and a higher ceiling than Hartman.

Yeah. Having watched Wolford, Hinton, Newman, and Hartman play plenty of games, I’m confident that Clawson can groom a QB and I’m confident Wake could have a QB better than Hartman. Hopefully that is Griffis. The Wake QB position has a high floor and a higher ceiling than Hartman.
Agree with that. Would argue Wolford ran our offense better than anyone (insinuating he is our best QB). And we can get even better than Wolford.

I don't know if Sam was told not to run this season or it was his choice. Either way, it absolutely handicapped our offense. That's the dynamic Wolford brought to the table. Hopefully Griffis will have some wheels and use them. It certainly helps to keep superior defenses more honest. I think by mid-season teams knew Hartman was not a threat to run and that removed 33% of our offensive capabilities.

I don't know if Sam was told not to run this season or it was his choice. Either way, it absolutely handicapped our offense. That's the dynamic Wolford brought to the table. Hopefully Griffis will have some wheels and use them. It certainly helps to keep superior defenses more honest. I think by mid-season teams knew Hartman was not a threat to run and that removed 33% of our offensive capabilities.
It’s that combined with the refusal to throw the ball away.

Mitch for Heisman.

Sam is not going to put up the TD numbers he’s been putting up at Wake. I just don’t see it.

Sam is not going to put up the TD numbers he’s been putting up at Wake. I just don’t see it.

TD numbers may not be as high because Notre Dame may not play as fast as Wake, hence not as many possessions for scoring.

We will see if Hartman made his receivers good or if really good receivers mafe Hartman look good. IMHO, it was some of both. Hartman is very accurate and good at putting the ball where only the receiver can get it. The Wake receivers are very good at making contested catches the "50/50 balls" were mostly theirs.

Either NC State in 2021 or, with the benefit of hindsight, at Florida State this year

I think they were 22nd if we are talking about the same game. Wasn’t Clawson’s only win over a top 20 team when he beat #19 vtech?
I think State was top 15. It was the Newman Thursday night game.

Edit: you’re right. I thought they were ranked higher. Maybe they were in one poll.

What is our biggest win the past 2 years?

NC State?
The entire Clawson era isn’t exactly known for big wins.

Every win in college football is a "big" win when you are a private university with the smallest undergraduate enrollment in a P5 conference.

So Dave Clawson has 19 "big" wins just over the last 2 seasons which ain't too shabby.

Every win in college football is a "big" win when you are a private university with the smallest undergraduate enrollment in a P5 conference.

So Dave Clawson has 19 "big" wins just over the last 2 seasons which ain't too shabby.
That’s the LOWF mentality that is killing us. The just happy to be included mentality.

Also that would mean you consider wins over VMI and Norfolk State to be “big” wins right?

Back