• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Same rules Apply Mafia day 2 ends 1::30 am Monday

I knew something was up when only one person died night two. Smidge liked the drunk/charcoal suggestion last game so was hoping some mechanism like that was in play but alas.

I knew something was up when only one person died night two. Smidge liked the drunk/charcoal suggestion last game so was hoping some mechanism like that was in play but alas.

Tejas is also a SK. I told him from the start he could gain powers. Knight also gains powers as Ic

Please PM me any feedback -- or just throw it in this thread to save me the trouble of clicking into my user CP...

Also, I won't be revealing the extra indy to anybody. It's smidge. (it's not)

Sherlock Holmes Themed Mafia

RULES

1. Vote using bold or ***vote***
  2. No night talking. After night has been declared, no posting of words. Funny gifs are OK to post.
  3. No dead talking. Except for funny gifs at night. Do not post anything that could be construed as about a player still alive in the game.
  4. Do not try to angle shoot your way to being clear. If I consider what you posted to being you trying to clear yourself intentionally, I’ll murder you. In the game, not in real life. Relax.
  5. If the roles say that player can’t claim that role, then nobody else can either until the condition written has been satisfied.
  6. If you have a question or concern, PM me. I will get back to you as soon as I can. DO NOT ADDRESS THIS CONCERN IN THE THREAD. I will ignore it if it is placed there.
  7. Stay patient during night turns. A lot of moving parts means that nights might take longer than usual.
  8. Night order of opperations:
    1. Watcher gets into position
    2. Mafia framing
    3. All kills
    4. Investigation
    5. Recruitment
  9. Have fun!
ROLES
This is an “mostly open” game where nearly all possible roles are known but there is a 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] independent lurking that must be found out. In addition, nobody, including Irene Adler knows the power(s) she gets if recruited by either the citizenry or mafia.
Details about finding that person have been given to those that can find her, but nobody else can. Be forewarned that I **WILL LIST** more “vanilla” civs here than there will be in play. Nobody will know which vanilla civ character names are in play aside from the moderator.
Mafia, or special civs, may try to “safe claim” with one of these vanilla names, and may be lucky that it wasn’t assigned to a player, but nobody was given a “safe claim” knowing it wouldn’t be in the game. The vanilla civ character names in the game were randomly given out, but were all from ACD's stories.

Again, If the roles say that player can’t claim that role, then nobody else can either until the condition written has been satisfied. I'll have a quick trigger on this one so don't fuck with it please. Thanks!

CITIZENS

• Sherlock Holmes, Investigator Extraordinaire. Cop, Citizenry. Sherlock Holmes is the greatest sleuth the world has ever known. Due to his astonishing ability to use deductive reasoning he can ascertain a players’ allegiance one night and their exact role two nights later with one, and only one, exception. That of Professor Moriarty, criminal mastermind and Godfather of the mafia. Moriarty and all vanilla civs will return a “town aligned” investigation result and “vanilla civ” two nights later. Irene Adler will be revealed initially as “non-town aligned” but will two nights later show up at Adler. EXAMPLE: Sherlock investigates Hugo Oberstein n1, he gets, "non-town aligned" then and then "n1 player is the mafia framer" on n3.
    Beware! Hugo Oberstein is able to frame people and have them turn up as mafia goons! These players will be “non-town aligned” at first, but then returned to “town aligned” after the 2 night grace period after Sherlock investigates them further behind the scenes. Oberstein cannot make mafia look town-aligned to any investigation.
    Sherlock Holmes also has the bonus of the Baker Street Irregulars, young children near Holmes’ dwelling that watch the streets of London at night – they will leave reports for Mr. Holmes to pick up the next night of all results – so night 1 results will go to Holmes on night 2; night 2 on night 3; etc. etc. Holmes will not know the player playing the Irregulars, nor will they know him, but Holmes will get their results via the mod.
    Holmes will also be searching for Irene Adler, or as he refers to her, “the woman”, each night to ensure that she doesn’t turn bad. Professor Moriarty will also be searching for Ms. Adler to recruit her to the mafia. If Holmes finds Adler first, the mod will set up a chatzy for you two to discuss the game, and Ms. Adler will have powers come into play at that point. (Please note: She also has powers that will come into play if Moriarty finds her first.)
    Holmes has come back from the dead before, so he has a one-shot bulletproof vest (first night hit on him will fail) in this game – the mafia will not know if this was the result of the angel or of the BP vest. Holmes will be alerted when his BP vest has been used.
  • Mycroft Holmes, Sherlock’s older brother. Backup/Inefficient Cop, Citizenry. Mycroft is said to have even better deductive reasoning skill than Sherlock, but due to laziness and apathy he does not put these skills to good use. Should Sherlock Holmes be killed, Mycroft will get some sort of motivation to use his government job to be useful…but only enough motivation to be somewhat useful.
    Each night after assuming the cop role he will get one investigation, but this investigation only has a 67% chance of actually happening, and then only a 89% (1/9 for non-math majors) chance of actually revealing the correct information. To determine if the investigation happens/is correct the moderator will ask chatzy to say if the investigation goes through with “yes”x2 and “no” as options. If chatzy chooses yes, the moderator will ask chatzy if the investigation reveals the correct result with “yes”x8 and “no” as options (this will be done in dead chatzy for full disclosure). Investigations will return “town aligned” or “non-town aligned”. No specific roles will be uncovered later because Mycroft doesn’t have that hustle game like Sherlock did.
    If Professor Moriarty, criminal mastermind and Godfather of the mafia, is the investigation and it goes through, he will automatically be returned as town-aligned.
    If an investigation does happen (67% chance) and then turns up to be incorrect (11% chance) then the moderator will PM Mycroft the incorrect result – i.e. if a civ was investigated the result would be mafia, or vice versa. If an investigation fails, Mycroft will be told, “sorry, fam, you fell asleep.”
    YOU MAY NOT REVEAL YOURSELF IN THREAD UNTIL AFTER SHERLOCK HOLMES HAS DIED OR YOU WILL DIE.
  • Dr. John Watson, Holmes’ most trusted friend and army trained doctor, Doctor (Angel), Citizenry. Watson may not protect the same person 2 nights in a row. Watson may not protect him/herself at any point in the game. Dr. Watson can search for Sherlock Holmes each night, and if he finds him… he can still not protect the same person 2 nights in a row.
    Dr. Watson also had a big gambling addiction, and with that in this game he is also a bookie. That means that each night in addition to his doctor responsibilities Dr. Watson also will (not optional) PM the mod his guess on who gets killed during the same night by mafia. In the case of a majo, no punishment or reward, but Watson must still guess the next lynching. (Mod will see how many are left, arrange alphabetically, and RNG a number between 1 and X.)
    If correct, Dr. Watson will be awarded a random night (1-night personal bpv, 1-shot vig hit, tracker, or watcher) action to be performed the night following the vote. If incorrect, the mod will RNG and then tell Watson whom they must end their vote on the next day's end.
    Should Sherlock Holmes die, then Watson, stricken by grief, will give up gambling and no longer be a bookie.
    YOU MAY NOT REVEAL YOURSELF IN THE THREAD OR YOU WILL DIE. PERIOD.
  • Baker Street Irregulars, Wily Children of Baker Street, Watcher, Citizenry. The Baker Street Irregulars were often employed by Sherlock Holmes to keep tabs on certain things around London. So, in this game while they live, every night they may sit and watch any player in the game. They will be told all visitors to that person that night. Those results will then also be given to Sherlock Holmes the following night (n1 watch goes to Holmes n2, etc.). The two will not know what player is playing the other role. Should Sherlock Holmes die, then the Irregulars will not have their information reported to Mycroft Holmes, but they can continue to watch.
    NOTE: Even though the character name is plural The Irregulars are played but just 1 player in the game.
    YOU MAY NOT REVEAL YOURSELF IN THE THREAD UNTIL AFTER SHERLOCK DIES OR YOU WILL DIE.
  • Inspector Lestrade, Scotland Yard Investigator. Godfather Hunter, Citizenry. At first Mr. Holmes was skeptical of your abilities as an investigator, but over time he grew to appreciate and admirer your abilities. Your tenacity was likened to a bloodhound because you never gave up looking for your man no matter the circumstances. However, you did suffer from tunnel-vision from time to time as a result of your single-tracked focus. Your undivided focus during nights is to find the criminal mastermind we all know is on the loose. You have the ability to find Professor Moriarty, but all other members of the mafia will escape your attention.
    YOU MAY ONLY REVEAL YOURSELF IN THE THREAD IF AND WHEN YOU FIND MORIARTY OR YOU WILL DIE.
  • Monsieur Dubugue; French detective, Desperado, Citizenry. A noble French officer but also had a reputation for being a little too quick in his judgements on guilt. Within the first 3 nights you must use a vig kill on somebody. If the target is mafia or any non-town aligned players they will die and you are a hero and live. If the target is town aligned they will still die but you will also kill yourself with the grief of killing an innocent person. If you do not make a hit in the first 3 nights then you will die night 4 due to a feeling of ineptitude with not being able to figure out the bad guys.
    YOU MAY NOT REVEAL YOURSELF IN THE THREAD OR YOU WILL DIE.
  • Don Juan Murillo; aka Henderson, Central American Tyrant Relocated to England, Paranoid Gun Owner, Citizenry. Don Juan was a bad man back in Central America as a tyrant but just tried to keep his head down and live out his days with his stolen wealth. However, having all that money makes a man a *little* paranoid. If Don Juan is targeted at night, for any reason, he will shoot the person visiting him. Henderson does not use his guns to make vigilante kills.
    YOU MAY NOT REVEAL YOURSELF IN THE THREAD OR YOU WILL DIE.
  • VANILLA CIVS: TBD on numbers
MAFIA

• Professor Moriarty, Criminal Genius, Mafia Godfather. Moriarty is one of only two people that have gotten the better of Sherlock Holmes, Irene Adler being the other. As a criminal mastermind, Moriarty is able to disguise himself as a vanilla civ and any investigations from Sherlock Holmes, or his brother Mycroft, will result in “town aligned”. Beware that Inspector Lestrade is out on the street searching for you at night and he will be able to nose out that you are the Godfather.
    You also get to search for Ms. Adler once a night and if you find her before Mr. Holmes then she will join the mafia. At that point an unknown power(s) will be revealed to her (and the entire mafia team in chatzy).
  • Hugo Oberstein, German Spy, Mafia Framer. Hugo is an accomplished German spy that can sneakily frame innocent citizens as mafia goons. Each night Hugo targets one player in the game and if that player is also investigated by Sherlock Holmes the same night, the investigation will return false information, their true identity will be revealed two nights later if Sherlock is still alive (see Sherlock Holmes description). Oberstein cannot frame the same person twice within a 3 night period (i.e. - if player x is framed n1 he cannot be framed again until n4.) Oberstein cannot make mafia look town-aligned to any investigation.
    If Sherlock Holmes dies and Hugo is still in the game, this power dissolves as the moderator doesn’t want to deal with it in the case Ineffective Cop Backup investigates the same person the same night, what a nightmare. To even things, if Oberstein is still alive, and successfully framed a player to Sherlock, then he will get a vig hit the next night, cannot be augmented by Moran.
  • Sebastian Moran, ex-Army Colonel turned criminal, Mafia SRONG Ninja. Nobody is really sure why Sebastian Moran turned to a life of crime after an impressive career in the military, but he did. While in the military Moran showed his incredible marksmanship time and time again. He is so good with his altered air rifle that shoots revolver ammunition that he can make kills from great distances. But, Sebastian only has 2 revolver bullets to use during the game. With these two bullets, Sebastian can make one “strongman” kill that cannot be blocked by Watson, and one “ninja” kill that cannot be seen by the Irregulars. This is an augmentation kill and not an extra kill for the mafia at night.
  • Charles Augustus Magnusson, Tycoon Blackmailer, Mafia Investigator. Magnusson is a very wealthy man with tons of contacts and knows all the deep and dark secrets of people’s affair in town. He uses this knowledge to blackmail his victims into telling him their role. Every odd night (i.e. nights 1,3,5,etc.) Magnusson can blackmail a player in the game to learn of their role. Players will be alerted a night later that they have been compromised. As in n1 will be told n2; n3 will be told n4; and if you don’t get this by now, please don’t play.
  • Mafia Goons. n=X. These are the nameless henchmen of Professor Moriarty’s criminal enterprise. They may make night kills and vote in the game but have no special powers outside of that.
INDEPENDENTS

• Irene Adler, “the woman”, Recruitable Independent. Irene has incredible wit and supreme intelligence and will use these capabilities once she has a side to belong to. Irene was married but quickly bored of her dull husband and wanted adventure in her life. She has stolen private photographs from European Royalty, so there is some bad to her, but then again, she is kind-hearted and looks out for those less fortunate than herself. So is she bad or is she good? Sherlock Holmes and Professor Moriarty will both be searching for Ms. Adler each night and whoever finds her flips her to their side; citizens for Holmes, mafia for Moriarty.
    If both men find her on the same night then Ms. Adler will be killed (so don’t say who you are in the thread – even hinting who you are could be detrimental if both Holmes and Moriarty pick up on the hint at the same time.) However, if Ms. Adler wishes not to be found, then the player may PM the mod that information. The win condintion at that point is to be in a 1v1 or 1v1v1 situation at the end with any other player(s) as Ms. Adler could out smart anybody in those circumstances. If Ms. Adler wishes not the be found then Holmes and Moriarty's investigations for her will stop the next night. (If they find her the same night she tells the mod, then the investigation holds.)
    If Adler joins the mafia then she will be sent an invitation from the moderator for the mafia chatzy and then wins with the mafia.
    If Adler is found by Holmes first, then a chatzy will be created for her and him.
    Adler will be given specific, but unknown at this point, powers once she joins a team. Searching will stop and the town will be notified the next day once Irene is found and is recruited to a side. No extra powers will be gained if Ms. Adler decides to go it alone.
    If both sides find Irene Adler on the same night, then she will be killed.
  • HIDDEN:

Tejas is also a SK. I told him from the start he could gain powers. Knight also gains powers as Ic

You told me that after day 2 and wouldn't answer my follow up questions. Lol

You have some great ideas, just need to check them out with someone to make sure they actually work

You have some great ideas, just need to check them out with someone to make sure they actually work

He did, and ignored them, again. Toogs told him not to run this game.

No, I told yo that you gained power night 2. I tried to answer your follow up but you inbox is full. I sent out a message in the game thread saying for people to clear their inbox.

In your role PM I told you that you could gain power after you talked about shitting on Gouda.

Officially took over as solicitor to two municipalities last week and one of my random wtfbbq cases was, strangely, written about in rolling stone and was the second lead story on foxnews.com two weeks ago. A bit busier than normal. :tard:

Back