• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Same sex marriage

http://www.cnn.com/2014/02/13/polit...arriage-unconstitutional/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

"(CNN) -- A judge in Virginia has struck down the commonwealth's ban on same-sex marriage as unconstitutional, according to court documents.

"These laws deny Plaintiffs their rights to due process and equal protection guaranteed under the 14th Amendment of the United States Constitution," U.S. District Judge Arenda Wright Allen wrote in her opinion.

The decision comes just weeks after Virginia's new Democratic leadership said it wouldn't defend the ban in federal lawsuits.

"It's time for the commonwealth to be on the right side of history and the right side of the law," state Attorney General Mark Herring said at a news conference last month.

Virginia passed the ban in 2006."

I hope Rand Paul puts Ken Cuccinelli on suicide watch.

Last edited:
http://www.cnn.com/2014/02/13/polit...arriage-unconstitutional/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

"(CNN) -- A judge in Virginia has struck down the commonwealth's ban on same-sex marriage as unconstitutional, according to court documents.

"These laws deny Plaintiffs their rights to due process and equal protection guaranteed under the 14th Amendment of the United States Constitution," U.S. District Judge Arenda Wright Allen wrote in her opinion.

The decision comes just weeks after Virginia's new Democratic leadership said it wouldn't defend the ban in federal lawsuits.

"It's time for the commonwealth to be on the right side of history and the right side of the law," state Attorney General Mark Herring said at a news conference last month.

Virginia passed the ban in 2006."

I hope Rand Paul puts Ken Cuccinelli on suicide watch.

ELC loves when states decide this type of thing. I bet he's cised.

These things are dropping like flies all over the country. Has anyone in NC already challenged their ban? I'd have to imagine so, but haven't heard it reported.

Thanks, BBD. Seems it's only a matter of time, now. A lot less time than I thought, really.

Things like this always happen quicker than expected. The same thing is going to happen with marijuana legalization. Once you start going down that road it seems silly not to go down it faster.

Indiana 'Pubs backed off on a chance to put an Amendment One style constitutional amendment on the ballot this Fall. IN law requires an amendment to pass the legislature in two consecutive years before it gets on the ballot. Passed in 2013 with no provision for civil unions, but the civil union exclusion was stripped out this year so the earliest they can get on the ballot is 2016. Nevada withdrew contesting an appeals court decision even though they have a 'Pub Governor. It's one thing for blue states to push for marriage equality, but it's another for swing states or red state legislatures to punt.

Back